DUNGEONS & BOMBERS
[Replies: 22]  [Views: 7317]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Interesting... I guess we could try running a game like that when we get things sorted out enough, to see what it would be like, and to be able to play the game without having to wait for an engine to be completed. Heck, maybe we could even run it in a thread here, and have a DM who could post simple map grids (maybe even just ASCII) to display the current room and the people/objects/monsters within, and of course do other DM stuff. Those tools would certainly come in handy.

I would like to try and actually make a PC game out of this eventually, though. I've had a thought for quite some time about running online games without having a base server, using something akin to friend codes I guess. So the DM, or the host player I guess, would run the server for a single game. Also, perhaps there could be an option to have a real DM in the room, who could have the means with which to alter the game? Graphics wouldn't have to be fancy, the characters could even be as simplistic as battle mode Bombermen in TSA.
View user profile Send Private Message
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Hmm, well, I don't know much about programming games, so I'll leave that part up to you and anyone else interested. XD But I'll help out on modding the forum threads and such if we do a test run in text.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:42 am  Reply with quote + 
I AM NECROMANCER BOMBER!! (Not to be confused with Romancer Bomber) FEEL MY AWESOME POWER!! ARISE THREAD!!! ARISE!!!!!

Anyways, I was wondering who might still be interested in this or would be interested in this. I probably can offer quite a large quantity of quality ideas for this in order to get the whole thing started, but only if there's people that would be willing to participate. Otherwise, there's little to no point.

Since I'll be getting off of school tomorrow, I'll probably be available to start brainstorming some ideas then, if there are people who are willing to open their ears and/or eyes to listen/read them. (Depending on how you use your computer)
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1474s
Index - Back to Top