Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
LSD: (The Game)
[Replies: 5]  [Views: 1219]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Its pretty hard to describe what the game is, so read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD_%28video_game%29 this.

Basically, its a game with no set rules or objective. You simply walk around in a dream world and explore. Why is this game note-worthy, you might ask? Well, everything is f***ed up in some way or another. Anything you touch will teleport you to another dream. Things pop out at you out of literally nowhere. All while ear-raping music is being played.

It was released in Japan only in limited quantities for the PS1, and is extremely rare. I'm sure 99% of you have never heard of this before.

Just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63hdXEvuVA this guy play it a little bit, and you'll see what I mean. You may jump in the last minute. You've been warned.

This game really scares me... honestly... however i'm quite interested. I'ts like... I don't want to watch this game.. but I do at the same time... the human mind really boggles me.. and I might study psychology later on so this is very interesting. It's hard to explain.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thank you. Thank you so much. I have been having countless weird dreams for the past three or so nights (I usually have "dreamless" sleep), and now these dreams are bound to become even stranger.

That aside, I'm kind of curious about this game. I watched the rest of that guy's videos on it. It looks like the further into the game you get, the more things and areas and events will appear/happen.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:01 am  Reply with quote + 
This reminds me of that Guitar Hero episode of South Park. Can't believe they would've made a game about that.

Either way, I wouldn't be very interested in this. Doesn't sound like it has any gameplay.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Freaking... This game is just nuts. Why am I even doing this.

I approached a dragon/demon/pterodactyl statue on top of a fireplace in this mostly empty dojo thing, only to have it suddenly fly at and attack me, screeching.

I was exploring one of the grass/cliff areas and came to a weird, large, metallic gate going into the cliffside in a secluded area. Walking through, I came into a city at night, right behind (in front of? I can't tell with these unbelievably bad graphics) a woman in red, only for her head to fall off and roll towards me while her body fell into me.

Today I decided to subject myself once more to this weird "game" (the worst part is the Uncanny Valley of the whole thing due to the Polygon Ceiling that this game hits so hard). Starting in front of a wall, I turned around in some kind of dojo to find one of the small cubicle rooms, directly behind me, was filled with the front half of a very, very disturbing looking person, gigantic, sticking out of a wall, and watching me with this bemused look on its face.

Then there's... this.

I don't really know why the graphics are so awful in this game. I know it's a PSX game, but come on. Either it's because of all the weird videos that they stuck in the game, or the developers knew it would make the whole thing just that much more bizarre.

EDIT: The controls are really, really bad as well. It's really jerky, you can't turn and walk at the same time, and all else you can do besides walk is look up and down. Really, the whole thing feels like a beginning developer's first 3D engine test. I don't recommend it unless you just want to weird yourself out.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:32 pm
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
This game looks crazy and I love to watch LPs. I think I'll watch more of his videos.

This game is so weird...
Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've been having nightmares after playing this game :/ Trying not to think about it.

Also, the bad graphics just makes it even scarier. Since it's so hard to tell everything apart, your mind "fills in" the gaps that are missing. Adding your own fears onto the canvas.

Just something I read on a youtube comment. Makes sense.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1354s
Index - Back to Top