Bomberman fictions
[Replies: 24]  [Views: 5073]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

HienFan
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Does anyone around here writes Bomberman fiction?
I do but it's usually in Racer's Point of view about Shiro and his friend growing up

Which reminds me...

Characters Point of View (What's in Fanfiction currently)
Shiro=1
Race=2
Gold-1(eventually since it's about him pondering about Shiro and Round Pink)

And Mach is usually the main antagonist in my stories (Bagura/Mujoe/Hige Hige does appear but they are not as major a threat as Mach is for Shiro) whose goal is to get revenge on Shiro
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm not sure if this belongs here. Sounds more like it goes with "Fan Fiction."

But no, I don't write fan fiction anymore. The only Bomberman one I can think of was one my bro and I were writing if Bomberman and most of the cast of the N64 games were going to school. But that's about it. Fan fiction isn't my thing anymore, I prefer to write regular fiction now myself.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora has written so much fanfiction, that she actually won an official Hudson Soft competition for it.

Really, you could peruse the Fan Fiction section and see all the Bomberman fan fiction that anyone from this board ever made/wanted to post.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 am  Reply with quote + 
The problem is many many of my favourites are not in it so I have to write stories for myself (Even Kuro doesn't appear that much either)
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Not to mention well written ones too. Only ones I recall being good were by Sora and Toki so...

I have a problem writing fanfics, I somehow never finish them. How odd, I never had such a problem with my book. >.>

There's no Aqua/Shiro one either D;
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:28 am  Reply with quote + 
And only one M rated Fic which is pretty poor. Feels the urge to write R rated ShiroXKuro...
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Fan-fiction is pointless. Especially Bomberman fan-fiction.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
Fan-fiction is pointless. Especially Bomberman fan-fiction.

Myself, just a few posts ago wrote:
Sora has written so much fanfiction, that she actually won an official Hudson Soft competition for it.

:/

I really don't get what the big deal is, man. Live and let live! :cool: 

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:38 pm
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:

Well, to clarify, it wasn't "for fanfiction", per se - it was more of a general thing where we had to convince the person behind the Hudson Soft Twitter account why we deserved to win that drinking flask with their bee logo on it. I really didn't expect to win, haha; there were some other good responses to that contest. The one I remember was the guy who said he was a recovering alcoholic with a fear of bees, therefore...

Anyway, yeah, fanfiction is pointless. For that matter, so is complaining about the pointlessness of it. It's either your thing or it isn't; I like it precisely because it is pointless, like so many enjoyable things are.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, yeah, I know it wasn't a contest for fanfiction. I just worded it that way because I expected people who weren't around back then to click on the link and read it themselves.

Also, what makes anything pointless? If we want to go that far, can't we say that Bomberman itself is pointless, Man-Frog? But really it's not, because otherwise Hudson Soft wouldn't be making money off of it, and we wouldn't be meeting other people because of it. I don't really think that fanfiction is pointless either... I don't write any, and I typically don't read it, but it serves a purpose to the writer, and to the readers as well.

Even bad fanfiction isn't pointless. Because if you read it, and it sucks, then you still gain something from it. And the writer gains something as well; it's a learning process.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
A lot of fan-fic writers don't learn....or even care for that matter. It's almost depressing.
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
A lot of fan-fic writers don't learn....or even care for that matter. It's almost depressing.

I actually learn when I write fanfiction. I learn on what I can improve on and stuff. And besides, I agree with Zaphe, fanfiction is not pointless, even the sucky fanfics aren't pointless.

DarkFire4114 wrote:
Not to mention well written ones too. Only ones I recall being good were by Sora and Toki so...

That's another thing. There's a lot of Bman fanfics there that aren't well written. And despite the fact that my fic was a bit....I don't know..."different" I suppose. And DF, as a response to the switching off between different POVs, I did it because for me, it is a bit easier for me since usually my fics are kind of...well.... sucky in my view :shifty: 
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Well some of them did gave me an idea to write Bomberman Ranger/Sentai Force

AlsoI write to fill in my greed for characters I like
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 am  Reply with quote + 
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Man-Frog wrote:

I actually learn when I write fanfiction. I learn on what I can improve on and stuff. And besides, I agree with Zaphe, fanfiction is not pointless, even the sucky fanfics aren't pointless.

I agree with this sentiment. I learned a lot while writing (may it be fanfiction or original stuff). I don't consider myself to be a great writer or anything, but compared to when I first started, I've greatly improved.

Besides, there are actually some really good fanfics out there. You just have to be willing to find them. One of the best stories I've ever read is this Kirby fanfic called "Shades of Grey." It's very well written and has a good story. I highly recommend it.

There was another story on FF.net that was purposely written so badly, it was hilarious. Can't seem to find it on there anymore though. D: It was this Zelda story called "THE GREATEST FANFIC EVER," obviously parodying poorly written fanfics.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
There was another story on FF.net that was purposely written so badly, it was hilarious. Can't seem to find it on there anymore though. D: It was this Zelda story called "THE GREATEST FANFIC EVER," obviously parodying poorly written fanfics.

I know the author of that one (my first online friend, from way back in 1999). He did a complete fic purge a few years back, but mysteriously decided that he was going to at least put up some of his old Teen Titans stuff again. His Zelda stuff is stuff that he's not proud of, so I assume that's why it didn't get reposted (even though it was bad on purpose).

I happen to learn a lot from writing the fanfic that I do, including (oddly enough) worldbuilding and OC-making, but considering that Bman canon is sparse, both of those things are kind of needed. But so what if people don't learn? People have different reasons for doing fanfic that may not include necessarily "getting better" at it, or for that matter with the intention of eventually becoming an original writer. Nearly every writer (original or not) starts out with the notion that the act of writing is, in and of itself, fun. "Getting better" at it comes with repeated instances of it, and it certainly improves the Fun Factor, but it may not be the writers' goal. They could just be doing it to blow off steam from a hard day at work. And of course it helps when authors follow established guidelines of basic writing in their fanfic and consequently produce something that's at least readable, but they're not obligated to do so for fandom at large.

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

I know the author of that one (my first online friend, from way back in 1999). He did a complete fic purge a few years back, but mysteriously decided that he was going to at least put up some of his old Teen Titans stuff again. His Zelda stuff is stuff that he's not proud of, so I assume that's why it didn't get reposted (even though it was bad on purpose).

Really? That's a real shame. It was one of the funniest things I've ever read, and was a excellent guideline of what not to write.

Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
I happen to learn a lot from writing the fanfic that I do, including (oddly enough) worldbuilding and OC-making, but considering that Bman canon is sparse, both of those things are kind of needed. But so what if people don't learn? People have different reasons for doing fanfic that may not include necessarily "getting better" at it, or for that matter with the intention of eventually becoming an original writer. Nearly every writer (original or not) starts out with the notion that the act of writing is, in and of itself, fun. "Getting better" at it comes with repeated instances of it, and it certainly improves the Fun Factor, but it may not be the writers' goal. They could just be doing it to blow off steam from a hard day at work. And of course it helps when authors follow established guidelines of basic writing in their fanfic and consequently produce something that's at least readable, but they're not obligated to do so for fandom at large.

I generally agree with this whole paragraph. I know I write stories mostly for fun, but at one point I was considering being an author. Not so sure if I'd still be willing to do just that though, all things considered.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
^ These are words of wisdom. I think that is all that needs to be said on the matter that hasn't been said already.

Of course I say that, and then someone will object.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
OBJECTION!

....Nah not really. Though I do wonder why the more talented fan-fic writers don't actually try to write something original...or on the case of a TV show, try to get a job writing for TV....or in the case of movies, actually become a screenwriter.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
OBJECTION!

....Nah not really. Though I do wonder why the more talented fan-fic writers don't actually try to write something original...or on the case of a TV show, try to get a job writing for TV....or in the case of movies, actually become a screenwriter.

You mean like me? :P

For some reason, I can't write fanfics at all. I can never finish them, I get tired of writing them. I wonder if it has to do with it being a world other than my own >.>
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
OBJECTION!

Speaking as someone who's taken two screenwriting classes, screenwriting vs. prose are two different beasts. I'm fortunate in that dialogue is probably one of my strong points in prose, but nevertheless they require two slightly different mindsets and skillsets. For that matter, I'm also working on original stuff. Again, though, there's a lot of other factors to consider, prime being that even talented fan-fic writers might not care to make the leap into original fiction.

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2063s
Index - Back to Top