Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#21  Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Still waiting for a reason.

Some perfectly valid reasons were already given. Your just choosing to ignore them. I'm assuming it's because they aren't in agreement with your own views.

Mighty wrote:
You giving me reasons to like what you guys are interested is why I'm like the way I am because you disregard my reasons as well for no reason what so ever. So basically right now we're both even.

...what? How does this even make any sense?

Oh screw it. I'd be better off just getting all of my Pokemanz to level 100 then talking to someone who ignores anything other people say.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
What are you talking about? None of us really care what you like or don't like. Nor does your claims for what games we like even match half of our opinions. Play what you want, it's the gamers choice. I've not disregarded your reasons any reasons so far, not the sane ones at least (I've disregarded claims of 1000 hour game plays, as that's just an unrealistic claim. When people say how much gameplay a game has, they usually at most mean until the game stops providing new content, as in (for rpgs), after the main story ends, and any bonus challenges end. You are very clearly listing a challenge gameplay type for gameplay hours, "collecting them all" isn't a part of normal pokemon gameplay, just an currently rarely used extra, adding leveling them all to 100 is rediculous. You're not planning on doing that, and you won't do that, so you won't even play it that long yourself. I clearly have a reason for disregarding that claim, and I have a reason for disregarding any claim I actually disregarded, but honestly, I don't care what games you like. I don't like arguments about "this game is > that" it's all opinion based and it's all relative. I will play the games I find fun because I find them fun. There is no reason for me to have to argue my gameplay tastes against someone with completely different gameplay tastes. Your gameplay tastes and mine are completely different, I do not like any games that feel like work (ironically I like work sims, but that's beside the point, harvest moon, recettear and that like). I get bored pretty quickly with repetitive actions that I don't feel stand on their own, and currently I don't even have the time for them. Monster Hunter is too time consuming/grindy for me, and doesn't have much for making me want to continue, the boss fights are fun and all, but I'd rather they be attached to a game that wasn't about collecting. Pokemon I will probably play, it's short, and doesn't require much effort, and actually sits higher up on my RPG list. Doesn't mean I should have to listen to unrealistic claims.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#23  Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Still waiting for a reason. Listen, I have my own interests far different from what everyone else believes. You giving me reasons to like what you guys are interested is why I'm like the way I am because you disregard my reasons as well for no reason what so ever. So basically right now we're both even.
Edit: And Reg what's with the creepy avatar? o-o

Huh? I'm not trying to make you believe anything dood. We're just disagreeing with you.

The only time I recall giving you reasons for why I liked something was that topic where you asked for recommendations since you said you were buying a system at some point. You dismissed them all with a lack of interest so i called it a day. I'm not gonna sit here and cry about it, I also don't plan to offer you my opinion on anything ever again, since you're obviously not interested in anything we have to say. *shrug*

You're waiting for some reasons? Good luck finding them cause this is apparently not where you're gonna find them.

Also since people seem to comment on this avatar so much I think I'm just gonna keep it longer. Ho ho ho! Oh and my avatar is a character from an anime I'm currently watching called Mitsudomoe. I like the character and that's why I'm using it if you indeed asked me cause you actually wanted to know...
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#24  Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Waiting for it till it get released in Germany, but AFRAID of the German names of the new Pokémon! xD

I say I'm somewhat amazed about the game but also a bit shocked about the appearances of the new creatures. Of course there are some very sweet thingies in there, too!

I wanted to make an import from Japan to get it as soon as possible, but I decided to wait for it because of the new attacks - I can read a bit japanese but not everything (katakana and hiragana are perfect, but I stuck at romaji). So it would be useless for me when a creature learns a new attack and I don't know what is standing there! |D"

I really can't wait till they will be released!
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#25  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's been a while since this topic was used... I'm curious about who bought one or both versions of Black and White and who picked which starter, and what pokémon you have trained with the special EV-Training.

I started with an female Serpifeu (Snivy) together with my best friend after it got released in Germany and I was visiting her (She has Black and I have White). All in all some Pokémon are just silly but their move sets and stats are making them useful.

My time is 202 hours now while having nearly 400 Pokémon. Currently I try to breed a good Team with the EV training method/to get shiny pokémon with the Masuda method, but no luck so far with the shinies.

What about you guys?
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#26  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've been chasing after THIS:

Since I got my first Hydreigon. After nearly 8-9 months of wasted time, I FINALLY GOT IT. That bastard was taking FOREVER to get as Shiny, since before that I bumped into a Shiny Druddigon instead.

And as for the PokeDex, 513 marked as Obtained with 607 marked as Seen. I already got the final 3 Events already thanks to someone over WiFi, as well as every other Legendary, Pseudo-Legendary, and starter in existance.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#27  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
I will wait until the 3 last Legendaries are obtainable legal, I don't trust people at all that have Pokemon that actually should get released by a special event... also it ruins the fun and I can't understand why people are so impatient with things like that. But that's just me lol.

Well I ran into a shiny shuckle while I was training my japanese Leafeon, I was really like "WTF!?" because I have SO no luck with shinies that I gave up on searching for them. Thanks to my best friend I received very much because she's a lucky bastard with stuff like that. Also I want to note that she doesn't use gamesharks, she don't have anything that helpe cheating shiny pokémon, she caught them all by herself with many patient and luck with resetting and breeding.

=> Thanks to her I have:
1x shiny Vulpix, Skitty, Absol, Pachirisu, Charizard, Shinx, Latias, Latios, Taillow
2x shiny Electrike
3x shiny Eevee (two evolved into Glaceon to see the final stats)

=> Shinies I caught in the wild/breed by myself:
1x Shuckle (White)
1x Chatot (Pearl)
1x Lucario (Pearl)
1x Linoone (Sapphire)
1x Gyarados (SoulSilver)

=> Shinies I try to get in the wild:
Virizion, Kyurem, Cobalion. Terrakion

=> Shinies I got through special Nintendo Events:
3x Suicune, Entai, Raikou

=> The currently shinies I try to get by breeding are:
Minccino, Zuroa, Snivy, Trapinch, Eevee (because I want all Eeveelutions as shinies), Dratini, Ponyta, Spinarak, Chikorita, Sentret, Oddish, Mareep, Misdreavus, Houndour, Miltank, Treeko, Torchick, Larvitar, Poochyena, Ralts, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Swablu, Feebas, Shuppet, Snorunt, Luvdisc, Budew, Buizel, Buneary, Glameow, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle, Audino, Cottonee, Petilil, Venipede, Solosis, Deerling, Joltik, Axew, Litwick, Mienfoo, Rufflet, Vullaby, Deino, Larvitar

So as everybody can see, I have my hands full of trying to get them. I'm not kinda addicted to them, but I love the different colors when you can see them clearly. But I'm just a dreamer, lol! I not only focus on breeding, I also train every Pokémon I want to have in my serious Team.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#28  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
My one friend is already a good year ahead of you on the Shiny Eeveelutions thing. He has EVERY Eevee as shiny because he chained for them in Platinum. Talk about absolute patience with that guy. That Shiny Hydreigon I have has EVs based on the one Smogon moveset:

4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed.

But Smogon's moveset for it has Draco Meteor for the first slot and Dark Pulse as one of the moves. The moveset on mine is the same as the one Ghetsis's Hydreigon has:

Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Surf
Fire Blast

I was lucky to get the Modest nature on this Hydreigon since I had a Pokemon with that Nature and Synchronize on the front of my team. That Alakazam kept DYING to those goddamn ANTS while I was there though.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#29  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
My one friend is already a good year ahead of you on the Shiny Eeveelutions thing. He has EVERY Eevee as shiny because he chained for them in Platinum. Talk about absolute patience with that guy. That Shiny Hydreigon I have has EVs based on the one Smogon moveset:

4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed.

But Smogon's moveset for it has Draco Meteor for the first slot and Dark Pulse as one of the moves. The moveset on mine is the same as the one Ghetsis's Hydreigon has:

Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Surf
Fire Blast

I was lucky to get the Modest nature on this Hydreigon since I had a Pokemon with that Nature and Synchronize on the front of my team. That Alakazam kept DYING to those goddamn ANTS while I was there though.

It's good to know that you have so much luck with your Trikephalo (Hydreigon). not many have that luck getting the right nature.

As for your friend. It's nice to know that he has all of them. Actually I don't have much luck with chaining/breeding/capture them in the wild. Using the radar just makes it easier to get them as long as the chain doesn't get interupted by another wild pokemon. Honestly it has not only to do with patience, it also has to do with luck. Lots of luck for not getting the chain interupted.

So instead of wasting my time chaining the shinies I use the Masuda method (international marriage in Japan) in Black/White because the chances getting a shiny by it increases highly.

Obtaining shiny pokemon without radar would be 1/8192, if you do the Masuda method inside Plantinum/Pearl/Diamond getting a shiny by breeding is 1/2048, and in Black/White the chances are 1/1366. If I remember right the chances getting a shiny by breeding is also 1/2048 but I'm not quite sure about that. Still, breeding them in Black/White with a pokemon from another country is much more faster than chaining nowadays. I got a Ditto from the USA and can get nearly every shiny now, you only need to be patient with it.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#30  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
But the thing is I have absolute patience and do it the absolute hard way that has been around since R/S first changed the physics: Just finding it at random hoping it would be there. I spent AGES at Victory Road just trying to find that Shiny Deino. A good 120 hours alone in my file was devoted just to try and find it. I have around 220 hours on my game now for reference, and I expect it to be around 400-500 by the end of this Generation.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#31  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't really know what's so great about chasing them in the wild when you actually can also get them easely by breeding, but in some way I understand your thinking about it. Of course getting them in the wild taking a way longer time, but chasing them down with purpose even though I know they are hard to catch is a waste in my eyes, also some of them only can be obtained by breeding because you can't find them in the wild.

Oh and I also made a mistake with the numbers of Pokemon I catched 451 and saw 575. He my bad, I'm not good with numbers.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#32  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bumping because Keldeo demands it:
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#33  Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
But the thing is I have absolute patience and do it the absolute hard way that has been around since R/S first changed the physics: Just finding it at random hoping it would be there. I spent AGES at Victory Road just trying to find that Shiny Deino. A good 120 hours alone in my file was devoted just to try and find it. I have around 220 hours on my game now for reference, and I expect it to be around 400-500 by the end of this Generation.

You have a much higher chance at getting a shiny if you breed pokemon from two different languages. Like 1/1300-ish rather than 1/8000-ish.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#34  Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sequels have been announced, called Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2. Disappointed of no Grey Version? NO PROBLEM. The version mascots are none other than two different Kyurem formes!

Will be released INTERNATIONALLY AT THE SAME DATE. June 2nd, 2012 is the release date. I know what I'm pre-ordering for my birthday now I'll tell ya that.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#35  Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Saw the news while I was visiting my best friend and I can't wait to get Pokémon Black 2! Of course, I started with White because of Zekrom, but now I need to buy Black so I can still have my Zekrom D: I just hope the sequel games won't start completely from the beginning.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#36  Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:00 am  Reply with quote + 
I suppose this was what they meant about not having any plans for a Pokemon Gray.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#37  Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I guess they planned the next sequel all the time but didn't spread anything about it, and tried to 'disappoint' the fans by saying there won't be a Grey version. Makes sense now because I believe that Black/White are SO big games, that they needed to split them in two games for each version. It's just a bit questionable of which version you need to buy, but due to the artworks and reading "Pokémon BLACK 2" and "Pokémon WHITE 2", + seeing the Fusion of Zekrom X Kyurem on Black and Reshiram X Kyurem on White, I believe we need to buy the 'right' versions this time.

It's funny to know that those fusions will be called 'Black Kyurem' and 'White Kyurem', btw.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2052s
Index - Back to Top