Anime Discussions
[Replies: 223]  [Views: 46408]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#61  Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:59 am  Reply with quote + 
We're getting pretty far along in the current season.... Here's my recent thoughts.

My little sister can't be this cute!
Most of this show's female cast is getting on my nerves. So many bitches... It's starting to bring the show down. Still some funny moments here and there. I like seeing all the silly otaku stuff and I'm hoping to see some more of the childhood friend of the male lead but it's almost done now so I'm doubtful.

Yet the Town Turns
This show has been great. Keeps me entertained and it's the one i look the most forward to each week.

Invasion! Squid Girl
Same slice o life comedy it's always been. Still fun, but nothing amazing.

Arakawa under the bridge 2
This has been just as good as the first season if not slightly better.

Amagami SS
Rihoko's arc was great but I was disappointed with its ending. New Tsukasa arc is very interestingly presented and I'm liking it so far.

MM!
This show hasn't been improving, I'm pretty much watching it for the sake of completion at this point.

Kuragehime
Arguably my 2nd favorite show of the season. Good story and characters.

I may start Index 2 and Yosuga no Sora soon. I'm still working on Railgun very slowly.

Took a peak at the upcoming season and it looks like it'll be a lot lighter then this one has been. 2 sequels I wanna watch and maybe 2 other shows?

This is my preliminary list....

interesting

Mitsudomoe 2
Kimi ni Todoke 2

loved both of these shows will watch em for sure!

mildly interesting...

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika - Magical Girl Madoka Magika
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8069
Shaft magical girl show? Yeah maybe. lol

Kore wa Zombie desuka? - Is this a Zombie?
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7674
looks ridiculous, may watch if i want more stuff to follow

Hourou Musuko - Wandering Son
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7949
here's one I might actually like. Sounds interesting.

Rio -rainbow gate!-
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7931
This sounded pretty awesome at first but then I watched a preview for it and it looks like it's gonna be ecchi, cliched junk. I might still give it a chance though.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#62  Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
My little sister can't be this cute!
Most of this show's female cast is getting on my nerves. So many bitches... It's starting to bring the show down. Still some funny moments here and there. I like seeing all the silly otaku stuff and I'm hoping to see some more of the childhood friend of the male lead but it's almost done now so I'm doubtful.

I'm just going to add a little more to this. Although I'm still enjoying the show, pretty much about 80% of the show's female cast are bitches. It's starting to get dreadfully annoying. Still, other then this and a couple of lousy episodes (when Kirino writes a novel; and when said novel is planned to become an anime, in particular), it's still solid and I'm still enjoying it (though no episodes have surpassed the male lead's childhood friend episode so far).

I'm still enjoying Squid Girl as well. Keeps the laughs going, but as expected, the plot isn't really going anywhere.

Railgun is still pretty good, but the whole "Kuroko molests Misaka" gag is getting really irritating. Still perfectly enjoyable though, though I like Index a bit more.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#63  Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Not really much happened but recently began watching these shows:

Soul Eater- finished watching this like 2 weeks ago, thought it was awesome.

Hell Girl (aka Jigoku Shoujo)- Pretty good so far. I would recommend this show if you're into supernatural.

Kuroshitsuji- Just started watching. Not bad.

Rozen Maiden- Just started watching also. Pretty good. The dolls are pretty cute.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#64  Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Black Butler doesn't look like my kind of show, but I am interested in eventually seeing the other 3 you mentioned.

Also I just acquired the first half of the Original Dirty Pair TV series, that'll be fun to watch.
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#65  Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:24 am  Reply with quote + 
I would recommend Soul Eater and Rozen Maiden if you're into comedy, as they have quit a few funny parts here and there. Rozen Maiden has a few OAV's also: Rozen Maiden: Träumend, which has a little more of a dark tone and Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre.

Jigoku Shoujo (since that's what Hell Girl is mostly called) has a live action series also. I haven't seen it yet since I'm still on the first season.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#66  Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Soul Eater is gonna be a long ride since it's 50something episodes so I'm holding off on it although it does look like it'll be solid for me.

Rozen Maiden would probably be my first choice if I were to watch any of them soon. I like a large portion of the Japanese voice cast and the story sounds like it could be interesting.

I've heard Hell Girl starts off a bit slow but really gets interesting when it starts picking up. I'll probably keep it at the back of my mind for quite some time, but I think I'll eventually check it out.

I don't have much personal experience with Japanese live action shows, but from what I can tell they are very hit or miss.

One of the few I've watched was Nodame Cantabile and that one was excellent. The anime is also awesome! But on the other hand I'm told Lovely Complex's live action is terrible where as the anime is great.
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#67  Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:22 am  Reply with quote + 
Hell Girl does start off as a bit slow, especially since most of the episodes in the beginning repeat the same thing only involving different characters, but sometime in season 1, it really starts to pick up the pace. Hell Girl is also a bit of a long series, as it has 3 seasons.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#68  Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:43 am  Reply with quote + 
On the topic of JDramas, I watched them for awhile at one point before eventually stopping- having watched around 50-75 series or so in total. From a quick check here and there earlier this year, there hasn't been anything good recently in that area. And even when I did watch dramas, most felt like a hassle just to get through each series. Watched many of them at x2-x4 times the speed after having given it a chance, though only if I cared to find out how it ended. I'd say there's only a handful of really good ones, and probably quite a few alright ones. But they get drowned out by the bad, most live actions were generally done terrible as well. Just best to stick to anime imo, as the ending impression that JDramas have left with me anyway after having watched so many is negative- that a great majority of them aren't worth the time of day.

Nodame is a popular one that was well done, only drama that I consider better then it's anime counterpart- the anime version also had poor animation. There were some others originating from manga that didn't have anime counterparts, which proved to be entertaining however. I often don't mention them

While there's dramas that I could recommend, I'll just mention the last one that I had found entertaining. Which is this drama, it started off good and it ended good- though it got a bit dull mid-way. The music in it is worth mentioning, it really helped make the experience. Probably watch the sequel in early 2011, which is set to finish the story so it seems.

Though back to anime, will be missing a lot of the animes that will be ending soon. With over half of my shows set to end within the next month, hope for a good new season to help fill the entertainment gap that those shows are leaving behind. Will be checking out around 10 animes next season, and will probably be watching at least 5 of them. Once I make my decision after watching an episode or two of each, I'll post my opinions and list of them here.

I check out already aired series that I haven't watched randomly from time to time, normally when I don't have anything else to watch. As mentioned in the chat before, first season of Kuroshitsuji was good- second wasn't with it being anime original. As for Soul Eater, Hell Girl and Rozen Maiden. I've passed over their entries on anidb, but never bothered to pick them up. As they didn't have that must watch asap spark to them, probably give them a chance eventually when I don't have anything deemed more interesting from base impression to watch.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#69  Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am  Reply with quote + 
My bro and I watched the first two episodes of Rio -Rainbow Gate!-, one of the new anime shows in Japan for this season. It was pretty awful. I was expecting some kind of neat gambling show, but instead we get some stupid fanservice show with a bad art style (the breasts have blushes, I'm not even joking). The first episode was painful to watch, and the second one even more so. We're both dropping this waste of time.

There's also Gosick, some kind of detective show featuring a unlikely duo; a girl who is extremely perspective (think Sherlock Holmes), but is completely clueless about the outside world; and a boy that goes to the same school that has common sense and more knowledge of the outside world. It has potential to be interesting, although it's too early to tell right now.

Also watched Kore wa Zombie Desuka? which may prove to be entertaining. The show doesn't take itself seriously which makes it more tolerable to watch. I have feeling that this will be a show that'll lose some of its appeal if it keeps using some of the same jokes and the like. Too early to say right now, but I'll keep watching it and see what happens.

The first episode of Mitsudomoe 2 was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at it. The entire first episode was based on the Gachi Rangers, the Power Ranger/Super Sentai parody show. If you liked the first Mitsudomoe, you'll probably love this too. Still gotta get around to watching all of that.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika also looks to have potential. It's a not-so-typical magical girl show that actually looks like it has a dark theme. Also, it's being worked on by Shaft, so it'll be interesting. Witnessed some funky backgrounds but it's all cool. Looks like it could be very interesting to watch, but I'll give it a couple more episodes before I give a solid opinion of it.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#70  Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Not much here but:

Panty and Stocking- I effing loved that show.

D-Gray Man- Started watching. Not bad so far.

I have plans in the future to watch Blue Seed, I just haven't had time to yet :B

EDIT: One show I forgot to mention that I started watching too, Higurashi no Naka Koro ni. It's pretty good so far, as a good plot. For those who haven't seen it and thinking about watching it, I must warn you, it's a rather violent show.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#71  Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey folks! I haven't been posting much lately, but I wanted to give everyone an update.

I haven't been around the past couple weeks. Last weekend I was at Anime Boston and had a great time. I also bought a ton of shit. I spent about 100 bucks at the Sentai Filmworks booth on DVDs. Also went to their panel and saw the first episode of Angel Beats with the english dub. Surprisingly yeah, they decided to dub it. I also spent another 100+ on figures. Got some Working!! Figures and A cute posable Saber Nendoroid.

Anyway as far as anime goes recently I've got quite a bit to talk about.

~Last Season - Winter 2010~

Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! - I loved this series. I watched it every week till the measely 8 episodes were done. Also watched first season's special and the audio dramas. I'm gonna miss this show...

Wandering Son - Watched this and enjoyed it. Dealt with its subject material in a good manner. An interesting story but probably not for everyone.

Gosick - I'm a bit behind on this. I've seen 8 episodes so far. First 2 arcs were quite good. Will be catching up on it soon enough.

Rio -Rainbow Gate- I watched 2 episodes of this. Thought it was terrible and dropped it.

Kimi ni Todoke 2 - I've watched 3 episodes of this so far and will be marathoning the rest soon. Looks like it'll be good. The first season was fantastic.

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - i watched one episode of this when it started and it has been stalled since. I may not end up watchnig it for a long time. It didn't look too bad but its very low priority for me right now.

Finally I just recently powered through.....
Madoka Magica - Oh man was this show awesome! Great characters, excellent soundtrack and animation, and a pretty good story. This is the best show I've seen so far this year and one of the best I've watched in quite awhile. Highly recommended! Even if you're not a fan of magical girl shows, cause it strays away from the traditional magical girl elements.

~New Season - Spring 2011~

I haven't started anything this season other then.....
Nichijou - http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=animelist&adb.search=nichijou&do.search=search
This is quite funny so far. A lot of people are comparing it to Azumanga Daioh or Pani Poni Dash, but while I can see some similarities (especially the character designs!) I think its quite different. A lot more random, and bizarre. Qutie enjoyable though!

Other shows I will be checking out...

Maria Holic 2 - More crazy Asami Sanada lesbian action. Oh Yeah!

We Still Don`t Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day.
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8181

This looks like it'll be pretty good. It will probably be the next new show I start when I'm done playing catch up.

Other shows I may check out

Dog Days - http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8206
Hen Zemi - http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8287
Hana Saku Iroha - http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7874
A Channel - http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8107
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#72  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:37 am  Reply with quote + 
Haven't been hanging out around here much. Haven't watched any new shows but today I finally watched Blue Seed. It's pretty good and has a catchy opening theme. If you're into supernatural stuff like demons, gods, and Japanese mythology, I would suggest this one. As for the shows Regulus mentioned, I haven't watched any of them yet, but Madoka Magica might be one I would try, but at the same time I'm not sure.

EDIT: I saw Madoka Magica. In the beginning, the show was okay, but at the 9th episode it got really boring and the opening started to get annoying so I decided to drop it. Didn't think it was that awesome as most of you guys thought. Sorry.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#73  Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:49 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm arriving late with my seasonal anime post, considering that we're already far into the next season now. I had a post written originally but it got erased by mistake before I posted it, so I figured I'd just wait until the season was done to give my final impressions on the shows. Which caused this post to get delayed even more, because some animes got delayed because of what happened in japan.

I'd been busy and didn't feel like writing it again until now, so some time has passed since I finished them. Because of this my listing of them from favorite to least favorite like I usually do may be a bit wrong, since it's been awhile since I watched them.

So without further ado, here's my list from the Winter (2011) anime season.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Mitsudomoe 2-Ki (sequel)
Gosick
Fractale
Level E
Hourou Musuko
Kimi ni Todoke 2 (sequel)
Yumekui Merry

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
They said that they wanted to try something different unlike other magical girl series in this anime original show, and it turned out to be relatively dark and well done. It was a nice change from common magical girl animes, and if you've gone that far Toki then I recommend finishing it as you're just 3 episodes away from being done. They got back on track for the ending, and tied loose ends up and finished the anime quite well I thought anyway.

Kimi ni Todoke 2
Wasn't too pleased with this sequel, the story was based too much on mis-understandings practically the entire way through. It got better towards the end, but I'm glad that the series is finished now.

Fractale
The story portray a world with people that live in a virtual reality, you've got your typical evil organisation corrupting the world and a good organization trying to stop it- the anime was just alright.

Level E
This series starts off with a lot of promise, and then kind of strays off as you'll see. It has unrelated stories along the way which weren't too entertaining, but aside from those the rest of the series was good and it ended good too.

Hourou Musuko
Touches on an uncommon subject, it was directed pretty good. It skipped the first 33 chapters or so of the manga I read, so you'll likely be confusing the characters with each other for the first couple to few episodes- especially considering the theme. By time the series was done I had enough of it, and no further interest in following the story through manga like I do for many series.

Now then, let's jump straight into the current Spring (2011) anime season.

Gintama (sequel)
Ao no Exorcist
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Hidan no Aria
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Deadman Wonderland
A Channel
Maria Holic Alive (sequel)
Moshidora
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Hanasaku Iroha
Nichijou (rank it much better in my next post)

Gintama
The best comedy anime finally continues, I've only watched the first few episodes of the new season so far. But it's gotten off to a strong start, and it's great to have this series back. If people could just sit through the first 30-40 episodes of the first season that weren't that good but are essential without giving up on it, then you could get to enjoy a really good series.

Ao no Exorcist
Feels like a show that has a lot of future potential, I'm liking it quite a bit. There's not that much manga for it though, so this first season will likely only be around 24 episodes- then it will be a few more years until the next season.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
The tragedy seinen show of the season which there normally aren't many of or at all.

Hidan no Aria
This show started off just alright, and has gotten quite good.

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
The show has been interesting and decently original, but it's only going to be 11 episode so it's too short.

Deadman Wonderland
This anime has had some twisted stuff, but it has been relatively entertaining.

Moshidora
The first 2/3rds of this anime were dull and unentertaining, I moved it up in my seasonal ranking purely because of the last 2 episodes. They packed an emotional punch, and were very well done which I certainly wasn't expecting from this.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Lots of weird characters, it started off better then it's currently doing now though.

Hanasaku Iroha
Started off ok, and then got continually less entertaining.

The current season has quite a bit to offer, I originally chose over 20 animes out to give them a chance but in the end I only cared for 12 of them. Not much point in picking up a show for the heck of it if it doesn't interest you enough, spring normally offers a good variety of shows. As for my recommendations of the season, being less specific I'll just say that everything from deadman and above on my list may be worth a watch.

Fansubber wise, UTW has been offering the best subs as of recently, and HorribleSubs hasn't been doing half bad either. So I normally choose those when they're available, others like GG have gotten worse with their less literal translations.

As for older shows that I watched, I'll just mention 2 that I thought were noteworthy.

Hunter x Hunter
This one came from the creator of Level E and Yuu Yuu Hakusho, which is how I came across it. It's probably the creator's best story and it's still in progress in manga form, though it's gone on hiatuses galore and the nice art has gone to crap scribbling. Just going to be waiting for the current manga arc to finish, and get some nice quality OVAs for the story. I do recommend the show, it has quite a bit of adventure and a good plot. It's quiet for the first 2 episodes or so, and then it starts picking up and jumps straight into interesting story.

Master of Epic: The Animation Age
It's a comedy based off of a Japanese MMORPG called Master of Epic, it probably would of been better if it had some form of storyline instead of all of the random jokes and situations that is the entirety of the show. It starts off pretty good and is dull around the mid-way point, it gets better towards the end. It was a fun ride, I missed the show once it was over. The jokes weren't over the top funny, but if you've played an MMORPG then you'll probably find some of the stuff quite humorous. It makes fun of many MMORPG game related things, it also has things like emoticons, leveling skills up and much more. I only recommend it if you've played MMORPG games before, and like comedies that don't have plots. The Chuu and Bukotsu duo were my favorite in the series, you'll recognize Kaneda Tomoko who voiced Shiro in the bomberman anime doing a great job of voicing Chuu.

Still on-going shows that I'm watching are detective conan, one piece and fairy tail. Detective conan just started an interesting arc, and I'm waiting for one piece to get out of the past arc. Fairy tail also just entered a good arc, the anime is worth considering watching if you aren't already. The series started out generic and dull, but it became really good.

Have to make sure not get behind on my anime posts again from now on.

Last edited by Razon on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:27 am
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#74  Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Winter Season was pretty light for me...
As I previously mentioned I did love Madoka Magica and Mitsudomoe 2.

I also finished and enjoyed Kimi Ni Todoke. I can see how you might not of liked it as much Razon. It's painfully slow paced. I still liked the characters, especially Sawako, she's too adorable. The art and backgrounds were also quite nice.

I also finished Wandering Son (Hourou Musuko) and enjoyed it. My thoguhts are very similar to Razon's

I did not end up watching anymore Zombie desu ka? and I'd say it's stalled until further notice. Gosick is also still staleld at episode 8 but I do plan to watch that at some point.

-My Spring Shows-

Nichijou
I'm at episode 9. The show is a riot. It may be kind of hard for some people to appreciate since its humor is very bizarre at times. Kyoto's animation is ridiculously good as usual. The voice cast is also excellent. I'm loving it.

Maria Holic Alive (sequel)
More of the same in a sense to the first season although not quite as good. They're taking a more episodic approach this time around and the focus on Kanako has shifted to the other characters. The teacher/priest Kanae Touichirou is a riot though. He's become one of my favorite characters this season.

Ano hi Mita
Keeping up with this one too. It's very good. The characters and cast are very good and they all act very realistically. I'm very interested to see how this will all finish up. at ep 7 at time of this post.

Dororon Enma-kun
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7940
This show is ridiculous and hilarious. Its a remake of a show from the 70s. Kinda oddball. It's very episodic. The cast and animation is surprisingly good. Very high production values. I've watched 4 episodes

Dog Days
I watched 2 episodes awhile back and I'm not sure if I'm really gonna like this show. Cast is very good, animation is okay and characters design i like. The story started off pretty interesting but common cliches thrown in kind of started to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I'll probably end up watching it all though and see what happens.

I still might pick up some more shows later there are a lot that I haven't tried that look interesting but I've been kind of busy with other things lately.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#75  Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
My bro and I watched a handful of episodes of Gosick a couple of nights ago in an effort to catch up. It's still pretty interesting and plan to keep watching it with my bro.

Regulus777 wrote:
Dororon Enma-kun
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7940
This show is ridiculous and hilarious. Its a remake of a show from the 70s. Kinda oddball. It's very episodic. The cast and animation is surprisingly good. Very high production values. I've watched 4 episodes

I dunno if I'd call it a remake, more of a... I don't what to call it. Parody maybe? Re-imaging? Either way, the show doesn't take itself seriously at all and it's hilarious. Will continue to watch as well.

Dog Days
My opinion's similar to Regulus's on this. It looks like it'll be average at best, but yeah, if my bro feels like watching more, then I may do so as well.

Recent stuff I'm into:

TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#76  Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
oki then I recommend finishing it as you're just 3 episodes away from being done.

Thanks for the offer but no. I dropped it because it didn't really match my interests. I will admit though, I do like the fact that Shaft made it different compared to most magical girl shows out there, but I detested a lot of the characters which is one of the reasons why I dropped it and is also the one of the reasons why I quit watching Glee.

On the other hand, I have just started watching High School of the Dead and it's a good show so far. It's your general post-apocalyptic horror show but has a lot violent scenes in it. I won't just suggest this for those who can't handle ecchi and big busted women.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#77  Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Razon wrote:
oki then I recommend finishing it as you're just 3 episodes away from being done.

Thanks for the offer but no. I dropped it because it didn't really match my interests. I will admit though, I do like the fact that Shaft made it different compared to most magical girl shows out there, but I detested a lot of the characters which is one of the reasons why I dropped it and is also the one of the reasons why I quit watching Glee.

On the other hand, I have just started watching High School of the Dead and it's a good show so far. It's your general post-apocalyptic horror show but has a lot violent scenes in it. I won't just suggest this for those who can't handle ecchi and big busted women.

Frankly, I don't understand how one can drop a show when their almost done watching it. You already watched three quarters of it, might as well finish it. But if you didn't like it, then whateves. Not forcing you or anything, I just don't understand it. To me, it's like leaving a movie theater when you're over halfway through the movie.

Heard of High School of the Dead, and all I can say based on what I've heard of it is "meh." I hate when anime tries to take itself seriously and throws unwanted and unnecessary fan service elements in for the sake of being ecchi. Only takes away form the experience and I cannot take it seriously if you get a panty shot/boob shot/ass shot/you get the idea every other scene. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Recent stuff I'm into:

TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#78  Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Razon wrote:

Frankly, I don't understand how one can drop a show when their almost done watching it. You already watched three quarters of it, might as well finish it. But if you didn't like it, then whateves. Not forcing you or anything, I just don't understand it. To me, it's like leaving a movie theater when you're over halfway through the movie.

Heard of High School of the Dead, and all I can say based on what I've heard of it is "meh." I hate when anime tries to take itself seriously and throws unwanted and unnecessary fan service elements in for the sake of being ecchi. Only takes away form the experience and I cannot take it seriously if you get a panty shot/boob shot/ass shot/you get the idea every other scene. Definitely not my cup of tea.

I know where you are getting and I understand. I know I am close to finishing the show and all but there is one thing that I will admit (I'm not sure if this is related to what I posted but oh well). As the months went by, I have become a more and more blunt person and have developed a lot of harsh opinions, especially on anime, and have become more grouchier and more annoyed than before (don't get me wrong, I still have a soft side for certain things). I easily get ticked off by fictional characters that I despise to the point that I want to drop the show because of them. You may think it's silly, but that's the way I am now. I am also more picky now. When it comes to anime, I'm not into slice of life, magical girl (unless they pull it off extremely well and I didn't feel like that they pulled it off that well enough for me to like it), and I especially am not the cutesy shoujo style anymore. But meh, that's just me nowadays.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#79  Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 am  Reply with quote + 
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Razon wrote:

I know where you are getting and I understand. I know I am close to finishing the show and all but there is one thing that I will admit (I'm not sure if this is related to what I posted but oh well). As the months went by, I have become a more and more blunt person and have developed a lot of harsh opinions, especially on anime, and have become more grouchier and more annoyed than before (don't get me wrong, I still have a soft side for certain things). I easily get ticked off by fictional characters that I despise to the point that I want to drop the show because of them. You may think it's silly, but that's the way I am now. I am also more picky now. When it comes to anime, I'm not into slice of life, magical girl (unless they pull it off extremely well and I didn't feel like that they pulled it off that well enough for me to like it), and I especially am not the cutesy shoujo style anymore. But meh, that's just me nowadays.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to change your mind or anything. It's fine if you don't like the same stuff as, say, I do. I felt Madoka Magica was the best show of the season and one of the best things I've watched in a long while. I don't really care one way or the other. It's just I personally don't and probably won't ever understand why anyone would bother dropping anything when their almost done watching it. If someone really didn't like the show by that point, why'd they watch that much of it in the first place? I'm not speaking specifically of you, btw. It's just I've seen this kind of thing done with all sorts of different shows and my reaction is almost the same every time (on AniDB, I saw one person dropped a 4 episode OVA on the third episode because it "bored him/her", and I can't help but think "Really? Just frigging finish it if you're already that far along").

I never really drop shows unless I know it's something I'm not going to like after watching a couple of episodes. Like Rio: -Rainbow Gate!- for example, I felt the first episode was awful, and the second episode was even more painful to watch and have since dropped it with no intention of watching ever again.

Recent stuff I'm into:

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#80  Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
...? is that snakes revenge in your signature... for shame...
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 4 of 12 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2782s
Index - Back to Top