Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Super Blast Nexus
[Replies: 1]  [Views: 1306]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects

Midi
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
I`m typing this up on my phone at the moment, so I can`t post any links or images yet, but I`ll edit this soon enough. Anywho, the game is Super Blast Nexus, a sort of Bomberman 64 meets SSB Melee. The gameplay is in 2D, but instead of mazes with 4-directional fire pillars, the levels are large and wide-open, and bombs use 8-directional fireballs. Yeah, you`re proble wondering, "didn`t you make a GM clone? Why are you making these weird bombs?" The answer is simple: I wanted to make this more than just another Bomberman clone, I wanted to make it different. A lot of the SSBM powerups also appear like the power star, super and poison mushrooms, and any others I find will work in a Bomberman setting. There will be characters from many universes, including Bomberman, Wario, Link, Bean, Crashman and others as well. Also levels from different games as well. Adventure mode is almost exactly like BM64, but the twist here is the bosses aren`t just other bombers, they`re powerful beings from throughout the multiverse. As for the final boss, well that`s a secret for now, but I can tell you he`s unlockable. When you die, your powerups spread out from where you fell, allowing you to recover them or, in battle mode, other bombers to steal them. They`ll be destroyed if they touch water, just like the player will. Multiplayer mode will be done via network, and include CTF, Team Fortress, Co-op Adventure, and Bumper where instead of fragging, you use bombs to knock each other off an island into water. Currently I have a playground done which I`ll post so everyone can get a taste of the game. Any feedback and suggestions would be nice, but please don`t ask me to switch the way the flames work. I`m sticking with what I have there. One more thing, it uses Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga sprites. I like the way they look. OK, now back to work. See ya later when I have the demo ready!
View user profile Send Private Message
Midi
Bombertrainee

Post#2  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here it is! http://www.box.net/shared/svq9uz2ge3

The controls are simple. First click on a character you wanna play with, then use arrow keys to move and space to lay a bomb. If a brick respawns overtop of you, you'll have to blast yourself free, but of course you'll take damage. I know BM64 kills you when a brick lands on you, but the problem is they have a habit of jumping into respawn points so I have to fix that first. Maybe I'll put a pad that prevents brick access.

Now working on AI. Also, CTF will use red and blue crystals like in BM64.
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1236s
Index - Back to Top