Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
The Vision of Escaflowne
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 2052]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Has anyone here heard or watched the mecha anime show, the Vision of Escaflowne? It's about a teenage girl who gets transported to the world of Gaea and she must use her physic powers to save Gaea from the Zaibach Empire.

There's also a movie too.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Yes, that's a quite good show, I saw about a fourth of it as a kid when fox was running it with some of the worst translation and dubbing ever, and then saw it again much more recently with subtitles. It is certainly one of my favorite mechas, though I'm not a huge fan of mechas.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:03 am  Reply with quote + 
I own a copy of the movie and I think it's pretty good. I've watched it over a few times.

I've also seen a small bit of the series and a little bit of one of the mangas but those were ages ago and I don't remember much after the prince escapes from his kingdom. I'm sure I'll watch it through someday. I've got a pretty large backlog of stuff to watch right now.
View user profile Send Private Message
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, the manga is completely different from the show I read, if I'm not mistaken.

Have you guys heard of the hilarious fic, Mr. T VS Escaflowne? About 10 years ago, someone wrote a story in which Hitomi summons Mr. T to Gaea. It's actually really funny, you should totally read it. The person who wrote it also wrote Mr. T VS Slayers for those of you who watch Slayers. Here's the link to it

Mr. T VS Escaflowne

Be warned. it contains spoilers.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1428s
Index - Back to Top