Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#21  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
NECROPOSTED!

So for the first time in years (don't even remember how long it's been), I decided to change my avatar from a not-so-funny GIF featuring two original characters to a picture of Deadpool, the Merc With A Mouth. Pretty popular Marvel character. You may have heard of him.

Also, signature was changed from part of the hilarious intro from the non-canon Metal Gear game, Snake's Revenge, to letting you guys know I am Servbot # 009056, and also support Mega Man Legends 3.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yotsuba is a from a manga of the same name (mostly), this is from the chapter 9 "cover" which I colored myself.

My signature is probably lame and something I haven't changed in almost a decade.

--edit-- oh no, I just don't have one.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Before I saw your picture in the "post a pic" thread, I always imagined you as that fedora guy in your avatar. Never knew what he was from.

Also, it is pretty strange seeing Soniti with a different avatar.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#24  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Before I saw your picture in the "post a pic" thread, I always imagined you as that fedora guy in your avatar. Never knew what he was from.

And then I realized that this is page 2 and I already said where it was from, what I get for not paying attention to where I'm being taken.

It's a she not a he though, a 5 years old girl, though this here is in "costume" of sorts. Said 5 year old girl in the place of someone taking vengeance from a TV show. There's quite a few cases where on the covers she's dressed up as guys though. In reality, she could be a boy and it wouldn't affect the series much at all anyway.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
And then I realized that this is page 2 and I already said where it was from, what I get for not paying attention to where I'm being taken.

No way. *checks* Aw man. How did I miss that?

fireball87 wrote:
It's a she not a he though, a 5 years old girl,

Mind. Blown.

Well, not really. But I have been seeing that image as a young British man for like six years now. Possibly holding an umbrella while standing on the sidewalk, alone in a dark and stormy London.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Well, not really. But I have been seeing that image as a young British man for like six years now. Possibly holding an umbrella while standing on the sidewalk, alone in a dark and stormy London.

You've got about half of that right, from the original image here.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#27  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:

Yeah, I know. I wanted a change though, was getting rather tired of that same lame GIF I made. And you can't go wrong with Deadpool.

fireball wrote:

I almost said something about that, but I didn't want to be "that guy."

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#28  Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ahhh good old Yotsuba I think I need like 1 more volume then I'll be done with the series. I recognized her. She's a riot.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#29  Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Done for now at-least, it's ongoing.

Fun fact, for the second the US release is the same as the Japanese release, obviously that will change when the Japanese release another volume. It just shows how much faster Yen Press is at releasing things then ADV was.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#30  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have always used some derivative of dragon on the Internet, and my first ISP was actually called the Red Dragon so it made a lot of sense to continue the trend and just merge my love of dragons and my love of bomberman. I was not overly interested in the dragon artwork used in the n64 titles, so went for something else. What I had here when I first joined years ago, I couldn't tell you. I believe I was pruned for inactivity or some other reason. lol I read the forum a lot before I joined officially and would always forget I was a member of it and forget it existed for months and maybe years on end at times... I get sidetracked into different areas of my life WAY too easily.

Original logo made over 10 years ago for a website of mine. Ink drawing, scanned and colorized some on the PC.

Turned it in a poster you can see below. I loved that PC, originally the case was a 486-DLC I cut my teeth on, and then was upgraded to a 586 Cyrix chipset-based board, fake plastic memory chips and all. Bought off and installed by a shift asian fellow near Syracuse. I wish I had kept that machine sometimes.

Last past logo I remember made from editing the first one specifically for forum use here and elsewhere. That is a pepper rocket he is spitting out, as I began making pepper rocket and dragon artwork for some labels on spicy-corn muffins I was making, hot sauces, and so forth.

Eventually I wanted to have a definitive "DragonBomber" graphic not used elsewhere for my other projects. Used this, Electric Dragons logo from the Dreamcast Bomberman Online manual modified with a bomb until I thought bigger.

Was going to modify this into a dragon, from the N-Gage Bomberman manual. Had a lot of ideas sketched out how to modify Kuro-bon to be some beastly dragon capturing my scary frame, odd nature, and the death issued from its maw.

That never came to fruition when some scans provided here showed me a better more inclusive choice. There was actually a DragonBomber character with artwork in the Sega Saturn Bomberman game, that I had never seen much of or forgot about. Jury is still out on that one.
Took the scan and edited it slightly. I use that now here and have a music-themed version with the same background art for some music forums/blogs I am on.
Bomberstar

Post#31  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Ah yes, most of those images look familiar I believe you did post them at some point before. Perhaps I saw them on a website you made.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#32  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Some of those early ones were all over my old website, yeah. Before I ever posted here I put all my energy into that sad little site since it kept me playing bomberman games and thinking about bomberman. I found other ways to express myself bomberman wise in time. It was amusing because I met one of my bomberman chums on a collector's forum and he kept nagging me to do a website about bomberman with him so it would be the best ever. LOL I kept saying no, that I was too lazy to work on one and out of that game. We kept in touch and then I discovered how much he has collection wise.

I really like my current Facebook profile image though it relates very little to bomberman. ;)
Bomberbie

Post#33  Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
A GIF of a cat having a seizure from water.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1576s
Index - Back to Top