Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
R.I.P. English PC/PS2 PSU servers....
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 804]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I realize most of you probably don't even play the game, but I felt like sharing this anyway for those of you who may have played it or are simply interested.

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02243-english-pcps2-psu-servers-closing-march-31-2010#comments

As of March 31st, the English PC/PS2 servers for Phantasy Star Universe will be closing down. And as of January 29th, people will no longer be able to create accounts. However, the last two months of the game will be completely free for those of you with active accounts and (apparently) inactive if you weren't banned or anything. But you jerks (kidding, of course) with a 360 or playing the Japanese servers will be unaffected by this news.

Not that this wasn't unexpected, seeing as the population on this server hasn't been exactly high for a long time. But it's still sad news to me, seeing as I really enjoyed this game and I've been playing it on and off since the first PSU was released in the States.

At least it's going out with a bang, seeing as they will have a event going on which'll last until the game's untimely closure.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Trust me, life will find a way. No really, life will find a way. Apparently some hackers created their own servers for the original Phantasy Star to allow more people to play it still if they wanted to (doesn't work on the Dreamcast version anymore though). So if somebody manages to do that with the original, I'm sure someone will also find out how to create a brand new server for this one or something.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
It was actually a great game. I really enjoyed it. I haven't played it in quite awhile but knowing I won't be able to go back and play it anymore even if I wanted to kind of ticks me off.

Sega........

you suck.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1453s
Index - Back to Top