Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Which would you recommend?
[Replies: 1]  [Views: 723]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
If you had a friend ask you one weither he should get a Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3, which would you tell him or her to get? Based on the facts I know, I'd recommend the Wii, mainly due to it's potential for amazing games with amazing interactivity (I was pretty much speechless with how good the Wii Controls were used with Metroid Prime 3), GameCube Backward Compatibility (My GameCUbe broke a few monthes after I got my Wii, so this was a big thing that helped me out, that and I still intend to get more GameCube games later, such as Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 2, and most importantly Wind Waker....................................................... Did I already mention Wind Waker?), and also free online, and from what I can tell with how the online works, online games that use friend codes should last forever (which means the server can't be turned off unless friend codes are not used, but this is only a theory). Ok, while most of you would suggest PS3 or Xbox 360, I can't really recommend those mainly due to the price, how hard you may or may not have to look to find good games, and reliability issues. I will recommend the PS3 over the 360 though, mainly due to it's cheaper price at the moment (120 GB PS3 Slim costs $299 and the 120 GB Xbox 360 Elite costs around $399 last time I checked) and the fact you have Wi-Fi and Blue Ray movie compatibility built into it (I hear that the 360 requires an accesory for Wi-Fi, just another attempt by Micro$oft to milk us of all our money. >.>).

But seriously did I already mention Wind Waker???
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
The following post is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much entirely made of my own opinions and views. So don't take any of what I have to say too deeply or seriously.

Out of this current generation, I fully recommend a PS3. And no, not for the reasons this fool has. lol (Not Exactly Safe for Work) man I gotta give these silly internet references a rest...

As some of you may already be aware, I've been nothing but disappointed with Wii lately. Like really, out of my whole collection (and I mean of actual Wii games, consisting of a whooping 11 games (12 if you count Link's Crossbow Training lol), I only seem to have found 4-5 of them worth it (and I've had mine for a few years now and there still isn't really much of anything I want for it). The rest have either been just okay or below. One could argue that features like Virtual Console can add more to it's library, but I only find it to be useful when they have either A) a game I've been meaning to try out but never got to for some reason, B) when I find a game I really enjoyed and I don't have in my direct possession, or C) I already have a game, but I am no longer willing to try to get the original cartridge to work. I won't go into WiiWare games because for the most part they aren't very good (although CastleVania: Rebirth has caught my attention and I liked the idea of MegaMan 9, even though it's ridiculously hard).

Another thing that may make the Wii a disadvantage is that isn't really a technological advancement. Besides the gimmicky and clunky motion controls, it hasn't introduced anything we haven't already seen before. Also, it has absolutely no compatibility with GameCube's Game Boy Player, which was another huge disappointment.

But yeah, between the gimmicky and/or clunky controls and the lack of games that have actually caught my interest and approval, I find Wii to be a pretty big disappointment. The only reason why I wanted to get one in the first place was Smash Bros Brawl (which didn't come out until much after I initially got the system, by the way), and it's really one of the few things that makes me come back to playing the Wii (oh, and the Resident Evil Chronicles games are good fun too, and of course there's Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy, and I do happen to go back and revisit the first Marvel: Ultimate Alliance from time to time). It may be a decent party system, but it fails pretty hard as a console for single players, if you ask me.

Seeing as I don't own (and show literally no interest in) the 360, I can't really comment on it without appearing to be biased. However, I have played it somewhat, and I can safely say that the controller is one of the most awkwardest things I've ever held and used. Not to mention that the console's library really seems to consists of generic FPS games and other rather uninteresting things. I admit, I have been interested in a very few amount of games for it, particularly Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead, but I'm not going to buy a console just for a few games and probably nothing else.

I honestly think that the PS3 is the winner in this generation. There are quite a few good games for it (although they aren't necessarily exclusives) such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Soul Calibur 4, and Resident Evil 5 to name a few. It also has free internet compatibility and does not have anything like Nintendo's silly friend code system. Some may argue that the 360's Live system offers more or better implemented features, and that may suit some other Joe just fine, but I could care less about online gaming and find the PS3's network suitable for my purposes. Why should I pay for a feature I don't really make use of anyway?

It also offers the advantage of (depending on the model you get) of being able to fully play PS1 and PS2 games, so you can easily have a very large library of games already without buying all that many actual PS3 games. It also offers the very useful "internal memory card" feature which allows one to "create" PS1/PS2 memory cards, which eliminates the need for memory cards and if you ever run out of run, you can just make another one on the system. If you fear of not being able to bring over your old data, there's no reason to fear this. There's also a device which can let you transfer your data on PS1/PS2 memory cards onto the PS3's internal memory cards, so you can bring over all of your old game data on to your PS3 and vice versa.

The PS3 is also HDTV compatible, making your games look absolutely stunning and gorgeous, and it can also play DVD's/Blu-Ray discs. In terms of specs and technology, the PS3 is the clear winner. The only real disadvantages to it are the fact that some models don't support PS2 games (but you can find one with relatively ease using the internet) and it's perhaps a bit pricey. But I think it has been worth every penny that I paid for it, as I use it on a practically regular basis.

The TL;DR version:
Wii loses, no comment for 360, and the PS3 is 100% Soniti approved. :peace: 

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1686s
Index - Back to Top