[Replies: 30]  [Views: 5911]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#21  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
yeah, its pretty sad, I was in a Gamestop the other day and their xbox section or I should say what was left of it was all buy 2 get 2 free and most of the tiltes were less then 10 bucks. There was almost nothing of any notable value left in there except perhaps Dead or Alive 1? All the gold is probably long gone. So you could get yourself like 4 games for 15 bucks. i doubt any of them would be any good though. The only two xbox titles I'd like to have and play someday are "Panzaar Dragoon Orta" and "Gun Valkyrie" both Sega titles, both early in the systems life cycle and both becoming increasingly hard to get your hands on. Either way I can't believe they still want 50 dollars for an xbox where as a gamecube is only 30 bucks. The game selection is so much better and the titles are a lot funner to play and will last you awhile. I'd say anyway going out to buy an old gaming system at Gamestop the gamecube is the clear winner in terms of value for your money. PS2 is also still a good choice seeing as how games are actually still coming out for it, its more expensive then gamecube but it's got a great selection of titles.

I noticed. Even though the GameCube sold less than the other 2 consoles, it had more valuable games on it, even though Microsoft had Rare on their side. Too bad Rare did nothing but release failures for the Xbox consoles, it was a good thing they didn't stay with Nintendo then because of that. ANd even though Nintendo lagged down slightly with Super Mario Sunshine, it still had Legend of Zelda, a bunch of other titles, and yeah, the grand retunr of the Metroid Series which was temporarily reborn as Metroid Prime and easily pwned every single bit of value the Halo games had.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
the grand retunr of the Metroid Series which was temporarily reborn as Metroid Prime and easily pwned every single bit of value the Halo games had.

I really don't understand how anyone can go and compare the Metroid Prime series with Halo. I really don't. The two games aren't even close to identical. The only similarities is that it's a First Person based game, but even then Metroid Prime wasn't about shooting stuff at all. That's not what made Metroid, well, Metroid. :/

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:
the grand retunr of the Metroid Series which was temporarily reborn as Metroid Prime and easily pwned every single bit of value the Halo games had.

I really don't understand how anyone can go and compare the Metroid Prime series with Halo. I really don't. The two games aren't even close to identical. The only similarities is that it's a First Person based game, but even then Metroid Prime wasn't about shooting stuff at all. That's not what made Metroid, well, Metroid. :/

But then again both take place in alien worlds and both have main characters who spend most of their lives in some kind of armor. See where I'm going with this?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#24  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

But then again both take place in alien worlds and both have main characters who spend most of their lives in some kind of armor. See where I'm going with this?

Irrelevant, because that has very little to do with the gameplay itself. Using that kind of logic, I could say that Metal Gear Solid and Modern Warfare are similar because they take place in a modern society and has an emphasis on war, despite the fact that they are clearly two very different games.

Metroid - Focuses on exploration. Also has some (keyword being "some") scare factors thrown into the mix. Shooting is involved, but it's clearly not the emphasis. There is some kind of story and may also have a sense of mystery involved.

Halo - Focuses on shooting. Strong emphasis on shooting enemies (may they be CPU or human). Also has vehicles. There's a story, but it serves pretty much as the means of progression and nothing more (in other words, so you aren't mindlessly shooting things).

Seeing as I haven't played much of Halo, I don't know much about those games. But even just by looking at the two you know that they aren't even remotely the same.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Halo and Metroid are almost nothing like each other, and I don't understand why people keep drawing connections. How many other heroes have we seen that wear suits of armor? And if we're going to talk about alien worlds, heck, most Bomberman planets feature multiple planets. Faceless heroes, aliens and space travel are just three separate story elements that have been combined in both Halo and Metroid. Not a big deal, honestly.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Halo and Metroid are almost nothing like each other, and I don't understand why people keep drawing connections. How many other heroes have we seen that wear suits of armor? And if we're going to talk about alien worlds, heck, most Bomberman planets feature multiple planets. Faceless heroes, aliens and space travel are just three separate story elements that have been combined in both Halo and Metroid. Not a big deal, honestly.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Midi
Bombertrainee

Post#27  Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:27 am  Reply with quote + 
I loved all the 64 games equally, as well as Story DS. But I really loved Hero cuz I liked being able to just randomly throw bombs all over the place and not have to wait for the fuse to go off. And I loved how you could still lay bombs for classic-style gameplay (where there were ground-based enemies, that is).

I also focus on one-player mode since I have no one in my family who likes these games as much as I do. Also, Second Attack's multiplayer felt really weak.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#28  Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Midi wrote:
I loved all the 64 games equally, as well as Story DS. But I really loved Hero cuz I liked being able to just randomly throw bombs all over the place and not have to wait for the fuse to go off. And I loved how you could still lay bombs for classic-style gameplay (where there were ground-based enemies, that is).

I also focus on one-player mode since I have no one in my family who likes these games as much as I do. Also, Second Attack's multiplayer felt really weak.

The same thing basically happens to me when i try multiplayer, nobody in my house wants to play with me. My dad used to do multiplayer with me on Banjo Tooie nearly 9-10 years ago, but that only happen once and nowadays I just play with my cousons whenever I go over to there house. I never seem to go to multiplayer for anyother game because Banjo Tooie's multiplayer is big enough and fun enough to last me until the end of time. It already lasted 9-10 ears and it still never gets old, so I have no need for anyother multiplayer game. That's practically another reason id on't play Halo games other than the fact I don't have an Xbox 360, since they mostly focus on Multiplayer more than single player.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#29  Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Even when I do get people to play Bomberman with me, it doesn't last long. This is what happens when you've played Bomberman for years and you try to play with people who have only played it a couple of times. They get kind of irritated. I try to go easy on them but all too often I find it difficult to even get killed by them once without making it blatantly obvious. :down: 

This is why I wish there were more Bomberman games with co-op modes. Heck, even make it a Bomberman Hero style game with co-op.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've actually convinced a decent subset of my friends to like bomberman over time, though the main friend I convinced to do that me and him (used) to take alot of game recommendations from me to strengthen his snes collection, and then we'd beat them or play them together. We got together a weekly video game night that ran 4-5 people (with games like worms, mario kart wii, and bomberman taking most of the play time)... sadly I've nothing like that in college, all the gamers I know there don't share my taste in decades and genres.

(though the fact that I'm only so good at any game probably helps, I'm sure I peek out lower then alot of you, and probably have played bomberman less too)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#31  Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:14 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't really play much bomberman multiplayer anymore. Sometimes I'll play with my bro and cousin/s at parties for a bit but that's it. I'm really not all that great at classic style bomberman. If I practice I guess I can do all right. I was really awesome at Bomberman 64 back when we played it a lot. I was great at knocking people out and throwing them off the stage quick enough before they regained consciousness. People would try knocking me out with thrown bombs and I'd just pull a bomb up with my hand and deflect them. I'd do the bomb hop or whatever its called where you bounce off the bombs to get away from people. Everyone hated me. hehe. The custom parts for your character were also really awesome. I think 64 was the first Bomberman game to add those in.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2253s
Index - Back to Top