Ok listen up
[Replies: 30]  [Views: 5912]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm pretty sure everyone remembers how some of you laughed at me when I said Bomberman Hero was the best game in the series. Well let me explain another reason why I say that other than the fact I can't buy much games very often. Whenever I look for a new game, I focus more on how good the Single Player is first before I even consider Multiplayer, meaning some of my games I get are Single Player only. I'm kind of like a true gamer when I prefer gameplay value and single player over graphics and multiplayer, which is sometimes why I don't bother with some Bomberman games, as they focus more on multiplayer instead of single player. And considering the fact Bomberman Hero focused alot more on single player mode and completely cut out multiplayer so it could accomplish that, that was the best choice I could go with at the moment. And I am not trying to say Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64: Second Attack don't have single player value, they have it, but it's not exactly what I like to see (that and I never played Second Attack yet, though I plan to). Ad another reason I like Bomberman Hero is due to it's platformer style gameplay, which is pretty much my FAVORITE gameplay style, as many games from the childhood were platformers with EXTREMELY high quality (Super Mario 64 is an example, but Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie are the best examples I know of [and don't even start with that how subliminal messages thing about it, pretty much all of them are ACCIDENTAL and NOT NOTICABLE unless you choose to worship those sick minded bastards that try to corrupt everyone who is normal]).
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ok, I respect your opinion on the matter, and I understand that this matter is essentially founded on opinion and thus there is no right or wrong way of thinking here.

Mighty wrote:
which is sometimes why I don't bother with some Bomberman games, as they focus more on multiplayer instead of single player.

I agree with this to an extent... What bothers me are the multiplayer Bomberman games which are just like Super Bomberman 2 with new stuff. That is to say, no different/custom characters, no mounts even (or just a single mount), just the basics. It irritates me when they keep releasing such basic multiplayer games.

Also, I sympathize with you on the matter of multiplayer games. I have a lot of Bomberman games, but I never play them with anybody. The only time I get to play any multiplayer games with friends is when I go to a party (rarely) or I visit my brother (even more rarely). Online games, though, are the future, in my opinion.

Now I guess I'll try to explain the viewpoint of most people who would disagree with you... Of course there is the "no multiplayer" aspect, but that doesn't bother me that much. What probably bothers most people is how vastly different Bomberman Hero's gameplay is from a regular Bomberman game. Bomberman 64 and TSA both stick close to the original format - walking around, setting bombs and blowing up Soft Blocks and enemies, etc. They expand on the original and are very different, but the style of gameplay stays very much similar.

I don't necessarily hate Bomberman Hero, but I don't really love it either. I have not played it in a long time so I can't really say what it is about the gameplay that really bothers me, but something just always seemed "off" to me. I do recognize that it is a good game, though, and I respect your opinion.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
I'm pretty sure everyone remembers how some of you laughed at me when I said Bomberman Hero was the best game in the series.

...wait, what? When did this happen? :/

Mighty wrote:
Well let me explain another reason why I say that other than the fact I can't buy much games very often. Whenever I look for a new game, I focus more on how good the Single Player is first before I even consider Multiplayer, meaning some of my games I get are Single Player only. I'm kind of like a true gamer when I prefer gameplay value and single player over graphics and multiplayer, which is sometimes why I don't bother with some Bomberman games, as they focus more on multiplayer instead of single player. And considering the fact Bomberman Hero focused alot more on single player mode and completely cut out multiplayer so it could accomplish that, that was the best choice I could go with at the moment.

I can understand this. After all, since I'm the only around my house most of the time (that plays video games), I always buy games for myself in mind, and they don't necessarily have multiplayer options. Although, if I may add, I don't think focusing on the single player value of a game makes you a "true gamer" in a sense. Rather, I think it's being able to appreciate the gameplay in a game to a good extinct (I say this because there are always games that have flaws, and I mean always. It just depends on how many/how big these flaws are, but that's another topic entirely).

Mighty wrote:
And I am not trying to say Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64: Second Attack don't have single player value, they have it, but it's not exactly what I like to see (that and I never played Second Attack yet, though I plan to). Ad another reason I like Bomberman Hero is due to it's platformer style gameplay, which is pretty much my FAVORITE gameplay style, as many games from the childhood were platformers with EXTREMELY high quality.

It's your opinion, so it's understandable. But like Dark Zaphe said, some of the reasons why Bomberman Hero is pretty much the "black sheep" in the franchise is because, for one, it's a very different style of game compared to the rest of the franchise (BH is a platformer, compared to the rest which is more like a... party game or a thinking game or something. I can't quite think of a good way to categorize them, but you get the idea) and the other one is that's a single player orientated game as opposed to having at least having some type of multiplayer option (humorously, people insist that Bomberman is all about multiplayer, even though the first game had no such option.) It's not a bad game by all means (it's really not), but it's also not a true Bomberman game either.

Mighty wrote:
(Super Mario 64 is an example, but Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie are the best examples I know of [and don't even start with that how subliminal messages thing about it, pretty much all of them are ACCIDENTAL and NOT NOTICABLE unless you choose to worship those sick minded bastards that try to corrupt everyone who is normal]).

You know, some people think that Mario games have some of kind of subliminal messages too (Don't watch if you tend to get seizures or something).

Do not take that video seriously, it's a fan game made purely for fun, and it (probably) doesn't really represent the views of whoever made the game (and it actually looks pretty fun too lol).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
I'm pretty sure everyone remembers how some of you laughed at me when I said Bomberman Hero was the best game in the series.

Heh, hey dood. You're free to like whatever you want. I know I wouldn't laugh at you for it. The onyl times I'd laugh at someones favorite game is if
A. It's something really obscure and hardcore, like saaaaay Star Tropics?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJg7vZMtfgc
Then I'd be like, lol! That's awesome. I'd laugh out of amusement.
B. I'd also probably laugh if someone was deliberately saying some obviously terrible game to be a troll.

but really Bomberman Hero was a fun game. I played it from start to finish and enjoyed it. That's more then I can say for some of the newer ones. The game's got a great soundtrack, some really cool level ideas (I enjoyed most of the vehicle levels minus the bomber marine. I hated that thing....) and there were some really cool bosses. Particularly all Nitros fights that got progressively more difficult as you went along. It was a cute fun game and the lack of multiplayer wasn't really anything I was crying over. It was nice to see something different for a change. Now most of the bomberman games are the same crap with slightly tweaked features.
Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Opinions are opinions, let's leave it at that.

Also, play TSA. It's amazing but you won't find the amazingness that comes along with it unless you can go back in time and play it when it first came out.

Magical times indeed.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Zerostarry wrote:
Opinions are opinions, let's leave it at that.

Also, play TSA. It's amazing but you won't find the amazingness that comes along with it unless you can go back in time and play it when it first came out.

Magical times indeed.

I would, but 3 things are stopping me.
1: I don't have the money at the moment.
2: The time I did have the money, the Exchange never had it (but they did have Bomberman Hero).
3: I have absolutely no clue where to look for it at, and I don't want to go to eBay as I find that site harder to work with.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
eBay is where I've bought most of my old Bomberman games. It's not that hard to use. I've got Super Bomberman 3-5, all three N64 games, Bomberman Quest (European), Bomberman GB2, and Bomberman GB (Japan original) from there, as well as other various things. I bought all my other Bomberman games from regular stores or game exchanging stores, not online.

Just make an account, or get somebody you know to let them use your account if you don't have a credit card. Usually you can find these things on Buy-it-Nows, so you can just buy them without having to deal with all that auctioning. If you find something that is being auctioned, though, you can put in the highest amount that you'd be willing to pay for it, and eBay will put in the lowest amount you can bid and then raise it every time somebody else bids on the item, until they surpass your maximum bid. That, or wait until the end and snipe them, but when you do that you run the risk of somebody else having put in a max bid.

Bomberman 64 TSA is kinda harder to find though, and right now it seems that the lowest you can get it for on eBay is around $50 USD. I can't remember what I payed for it, but I know that you can get good deals when you wait and watch; I bought Super Bomberman 5 for about ten dollars less than it usually goes for (it's pretty expensive for an older game and also harder to find).
Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I couldn't use eBay for finding Bomberman TSA, so I have been watching out for it for a couple years now. I actually found it 2 months ago, from some random merchant guy, $70 bucks.

I know this won't help you but I felt like sharing this, lol. I have this baby in a glass case now.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
A. It's something really obscure and hardcore, like saaaaay Star Tropics?

I bought that game awhile ago, but haven't actually played it yet, need to plug my NES in, but sometimes it seems like too much of a hassle over emulators (mostly due to power flashes, i need to replace my pins... again...).
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#10  Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, Star Tropics is a fun little adventure game, perhaps a little similar in game play style to Zelda. Get's fairly difficult, has an amusing story and world, and has catchy music. Definitely worth a shot! Not too many people seem to know about it.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
A. It's something really obscure and hardcore, like saaaaay Star Tropics?

First thing I think of from Star Tropics is Coconut Milk. lol

Regulus 777 wrote:
B. I'd also probably laugh if someone was deliberately saying some obviously terrible game to be a troll.

Mega Man X7 iz duh bestest game eva made lolololololol[/trolling]

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:36 am  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:

Mega Man X7 iz duh bestest game eva made lolololololol[/trolling]

I'm actually surprised no one's made a Bomberman Act Zero joke as of yet.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#13  Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I'm actually surprised no one's made a Bomberman Act Zero joke as of yet.

Let's not turn the thread into a 'mock a crappy video game' thread.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mock bad game, praise obscure game... there's not that much of a difference :explosion: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
AoBman05 wrote:

WHAT are you guys talking about bomberman act Zro was my FAVORIT bomerman game ever!!!!! :mad:  :mad:  :mad: 
"crappy" yeah right you want "crapy" look at Saturn bombwerman its just silly lol look at its too cartooney and childish and just #$%&ing SILLY!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, the original issue of this thread seems to be resolved anyway... And I think we all already agreed about Act Zero a long time ago...
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
AoBman05 wrote:

WHAT are you guys talking about bomberman act Zro was my FAVORIT bomerman game ever!!!!! :mad:  :mad:  :mad: 
"crappy" yeah right you want "crapy" look at Saturn bombwerman its just silly lol look at its too cartooney and childish and just #$%&ing SILLY!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, the original issue of this thread seems to be resolved anyway... And I think we all already agreed about Act Zero a long time ago...

Well first things first, I know I'm never going to see myself playing Act Zero at all. The graphical style opposed to my more vaorite anime style of Bomberman already scared me off right there, and that and the maze part of it and nothing else also is discouraging me. And the whole fight til you die and rince and repeat thing about it already sealed it's fate to begin with.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah Hudson wasn't thinking... not the first time. But we've been through this whole discussion before.

They could have done at least something with a "darker" graphics style and still made a decent game... but no, there's no substance to it. And ironically they probably could have gotten away with the lack of substance (as they have before) had they gone with retro graphics.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#18  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Well first things first, I know I'm never going to see myself playing Act Zero at all. The graphical style opposed to my more vaorite anime style of Bomberman already scared me off right there, and that and the maze part of it and nothing else also is discouraging me. And the whole fight til you die and rince and repeat thing about it already sealed it's fate to begin with.

Yeah, pretty much everyone here didn't care for "Bomberman: Act Zero" to say the least. Personally I haven't even bothered trying it out. I'm not an Xbox owner anyway.

lol, I love how you take everything so seriously and are so quick to get in on a heated discussion when half the time the rest of us are just joking around or are being sarcastic.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:57 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

Yeah, pretty much everyone here didn't care for "Bomberman: Act Zero" to say the least. Personally I haven't even bothered trying it out. I'm not an Xbox owner anyway.

lol, I love how you take everything so seriously and are so quick to get in on a heated discussion when half the time the rest of us are just joking around or are being sarcastic.

Yeah, I noticed how some of the worst games ever made are all Xbox titles or Xbox 360 titles. It just hit me when I noticed that 4 of GameSpot's Worst of 2005 list were Xbox titles, with the number 1 worst also being an Xbox title. See where I'm going with this?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#20  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 am  Reply with quote + 
yeah, its pretty sad, I was in a Gamestop the other day and their xbox section or I should say what was left of it was all buy 2 get 2 free and most of the tiltes were less then 10 bucks. There was almost nothing of any notable value left in there except perhaps Dead or Alive 1? All the gold is probably long gone. So you could get yourself like 4 games for 15 bucks. i doubt any of them would be any good though. The only two xbox titles I'd like to have and play someday are "Panzaar Dragoon Orta" and "Gun Valkyrie" both Sega titles, both early in the systems life cycle and both becoming increasingly hard to get your hands on. Either way I can't believe they still want 50 dollars for an xbox where as a gamecube is only 30 bucks. The game selection is so much better and the titles are a lot funner to play and will last you awhile. I'd say anyway going out to buy an old gaming system at Gamestop the gamecube is the clear winner in terms of value for your money. PS2 is also still a good choice seeing as how games are actually still coming out for it, its more expensive then gamecube but it's got a great selection of titles.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2213s
Index - Back to Top