BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Man Marries Video Game..... I'm serious..... ._.
[Replies: 15]  [Views: 3061]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:11 am  Reply with quote + 
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
No no no. He didn't marry a video game. Just a virtual girl. It's almost real, right? XD

Well, I could go and tell more lame jokes on this subject, but I'll spare you all of that.

But to be fair, can anyone take a subject like this seriously? Anyone at all?

Although, I'd only wonder what would happen if he found a real girl and liked her romantically. Would he technically be cheating on his wife?

Alright, that was the last one. For now.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Razon
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:16 am  Reply with quote + 
I suppose that's what they call a 'digital relationship'.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:24 am  Reply with quote + 
So, wait... if she's a video game character in a dating game... then isn't she constantly cheating on him when other people play the game?

But anyway... this is just ridiculous... Every country is screwed up somehow or other, but Japan is just screwed up in its own special way...

Strangely, "marriage to fictional characters" was not on my friend's list of marriages yet to be fully legalized, which went something like "homosexual marriage, marriage to animals, marriage to inanimate objects, and marriage to yourself."
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:18 am  Reply with quote + 
You know... what's sad. I just finished playing one of those dating sim games on my computer a little while ago.

This story doesn't surprise me all that much. Those games really can have a powerful effect on people. Like I said I just finished one and I really enjoyed it. I cried at the end and everything and felt pretty attached to the character I chose to persue. It was really a great experience that I won't soon forget.

Perhaps going so far as to marry a character is just too much in my personal opinion, but I can definitely seeing things like this being done by some of the really hardcore otaku.

I can't say I'm in support of something like this, but at the same time my inner otaku can't say I'm against it. Y'know? Anime and games really can be that special a part of our lives.

Anyway yeah, I felt like if anyone had to stand up and have the guts to say that amongst us it'd be me. Probably one of the biggest otaku on this forum. Think what you will of me, but that's my opinion. I can't bring myself to bash or dismiss someone pursuing that for himself and can sort of understand where he's coming from though he's taken it to a greater extreme then I would have.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
You know... what's sad. I just finished playing one of those dating sim games on my computer a little while ago.

This story doesn't surprise me all that much. Those games really can have a powerful effect on people. Like I said I just finished one and I really enjoyed it. I cried at the end and everything and felt pretty attached to the character I chose to persue. It was really a great experience that I won't soon forget.

Perhaps going so far as to marry a character is just too much in my personal opinion, but I can definitely seeing things like this being done by some of the really hardcore otaku.

I can't say I'm in support of something like this, but at the same time my inner otaku can't say I'm against it. Y'know? Anime and games really can be that special a part of our lives.

Anyway yeah, I felt like if anyone had to stand up and have the guts to say that amongst us it'd be me. Probably one of the biggest otaku on this forum. Think what you will of me, but that's my opinion. I can't bring myself to bash or dismiss someone pursuing that for himself and can sort of understand where he's coming from though he's taken it to a greater extreme then I would have.

You know, you're absolutely right. I do kind of understand it. After all, my first love was Raine Sage. XD I know what you said wasn't directed at me specifically, but I just make jokes on different things anyway. Just the way I am. Hell, I still make occasional jokes regarding my first love. XD But yeah, I didn't mean to be offensive with my comments, it's just my personality at work (and that I tend to make jokes about any sort of situation, regardless of how serious/silly it may be).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
There's a big difference between marrying a sentient being and marrying an idea, though. Seems like a publicity stunt to me, and if it's not... ugh. :down: 

I understand how any work of fiction can have an emotional affect on people - literature, movies, even video games. I can also understand how people can become attached to characters, real (ie portrayed by a live actor) or not (completely fictional). Indeed, the best works are those that can make you feel something for the characters.

What I cannot understand, however, is how someone could want to marry a fictional character. This is not a real person - and never will be. It is a bunch of code restricted to a very, very limited range of actions and words, and incapable of emotions and complicated thought.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
...only in japan.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#9  Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:43 am  Reply with quote + 
You speak as if the rest of the world isn't as nuts...
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
that may just be the case ^_^

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Japan is sort of a wacky, lighthearted kind of crazy. Other countries' craziness tends to be more of a darker tone, both on the inside and the outside. Not saying that some of Japan's crazy stuff is not dangerous in one way or another, but it never really sees itself as being so.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Japan is sort of a wacky, lighthearted kind of crazy. Other countries' craziness tends to be more of a darker tone, both on the inside and the outside. Not saying that some of Japan's crazy stuff is not dangerous in one way or another, but it never really sees itself as being so.

I thought this was apparent when it's okay to see stuff like this on television over there.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Would he technically be cheating on his wife?

I couldn't possibly stop myself from occasionally cheating on a videogame. Just a little while ago I was playing Contra and found myself pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start at the title screen.

It's... it's an urge stronger than I am! Forgive me Contra! :cry: 
Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
I would marry Bomberman 64: The Second Attack

No lie.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Lol Serkol. :laugh: 

I can't believe I didn't think of that.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Zerostarry wrote:
I would marry Bomberman 64: The Second Attack

No lie.

For me it would possibly be either Bomberman Hero (for that one princess who's name I can't remember), Bomberman 64: The Second Attack (Those pics of Lilith made by Sora convinced me), or most likely Bomberman Jetters (Shout is just too cute for some reason...... X.X).
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2073s
Index - Back to Top