Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Should I get a PSP 2000 or PSP 3000?
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 1231]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
On one hand, the PSP 3000's screen apparently doesn't have light reflect of it, but the scan lines are noticable while playing. On the other hand, the PSP 2000 doesn't have the scan line issue, but is more expensive. I'm actually going with PSP 3000 so far, because it's cheaper and that scan line issue really isn't an issue according to the videos I saw of it. I didn't even notice it at first!
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have an original PSP (the 1000 model, or the Fat one) and I actually find it to be rather comfortable after some use. My only real problem with it is that I can't seem to press in two directions at once on the directional pad (which really isn't much of a issue) and my analog stick thing used to go a little wacky at times, but that's probably because I used to leave it in my one of pants pockets for a while and it hasn't done that anymore since I don't do that anymore. Sure, 1000 is a little bulkier and heavier, but it really isn't that much of a difference from my experience. It's not like you're carrying a hardcover dictionary compared to a softcover novel, or if you prefer a brick and block of clay.

My bro has a 2000, or Slim model. I don't use his since we got ours at around the same time (and if you're curious, it was for Final Fantasy Tactics and eventually Disgaea) which is okay too from my experience.

Really, as long as you're avoiding Go!, they're all really the same in terms of function, use, and even appearance; and only really differ in certain design aspects. Go!'s a completely different case though and is an all DLC based console (which, in my honest opinion, is probably the stupidest thing Sony's ever did and they probably will be shooting themselves in the foot because of that. But that's just my opinion).

Mighty wrote:
On the other hand, the PSP 2000 doesn't have the scan line issue, but is more expensive.

...wait, what? The Slim (2000) is cheaper then 3000, according to GameStop...? Well, it's a refurbished 2000, so that may be why. But still, the 2000 is cheaper then 3000, and 1000 is the cheapest of all (refurbished 1000 (Fat) is $99.99, refurbished 2000 (Slim) is $119.99, and the 3000 is $129.99). All refurbished means is that they may have worked on it to make sure it works properly and such, but should work perfectly fine (think of it as "used" consoles).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
I have an original PSP (the 1000 model, or the Fat one) and I actually find it to be rather comfortable after some use. My only real problem with it is that I can't seem to press in two directions at once on the directional pad (which really isn't much of a issue) and my analog stick thing used to go a little wacky at times, but that's probably because I used to leave it in my one of pants pockets for a while and it hasn't done that anymore since I don't do that anymore. Sure, 1000 is a little bulkier and heavier, but it really isn't that much of a difference from my experience. It's not like you're carrying a hardcover dictionary compared to a softcover novel, or if you prefer a brick and block of clay.

My bro has a 2000, or Slim model. I don't use his since we got ours at around the same time (and if you're curious, it was for Final Fantasy Tactics and eventually Disgaea) which is okay too from my experience.

Really, as long as you're avoiding Go!, they're all really the same in terms of function, use, and even appearance; and only really differ in certain design aspects. Go!'s a completely different case though and is an all DLC based console (which, in my honest opinion, is probably the stupidest thing Sony's ever did and they probably will be shooting themselves in the foot because of that. But that's just my opinion).

Mighty wrote:
On the other hand, the PSP 2000 doesn't have the scan line issue, but is more expensive.

...wait, what? The Slim (2000) is cheaper then 3000, according to GameStop...? Well, it's a refurbished 2000, so that may be why. But still, the 2000 is cheaper then 3000, and 1000 is the cheapest of all (refurbished 1000 (Fat) is $99.99, refurbished 2000 (Slim) is $119.99, and the 3000 is $129.99). All refurbished means is that they may have worked on it to make sure it works properly and such, but should work perfectly fine (think of it as "used" consoles).

At Amazon.com, the 2000 model was $200, and the 3000 model was around $160. That sounds cheaper to me.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

At Amazon.com, the 2000 model was $200, and the 3000 model was around $160. That sounds cheaper to me.

...wha...?

So, they may be selling the technically inferior model of the product for more then the technically superior model? There is really nothing I can say about that...

Anyway... All I'm pointing out is, if you want to go cheaper, getting a used PSP from GameStop is an option (and the 2000 is cheaper then the 3000 on there). I bought my PSP used from them and I've had it for a couple of years, and I've never run into any real problems with it. Sure, you don't get the official box or a manual, but using it is pretty straightforward and not really complicated or anything to pick up on.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
But one thing I want to ask is the scanline problem. How bad is it? I see alot of videos of PSP 3000 gameplay and I can't even notice the scanlines everyone's complaining about at all. In fact, the person in this video review (and the people who commented on it) don't even mention that issue at all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PLq-bgYXA
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1486s
Index - Back to Top