BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman sprite sheets
[Replies: 32]  [Views: 19443]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods -> Bomberman Emulation
Users watching this topic: 2  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
(Original title: Neo Bomberman sprite sheets, modified 4/25/12)

I've never seen any sprite sheets from Neo Bomberman. I think I know why now. There's an assload of frames! Nevertheless, I've made a sprite sheet for Bomberman himself.

I started this a few months ago and lost interest, partially because of the numerous animations, but partially because I couldn't decide if I should just rip the sprites from the tiles or rip them from the gameplay. I decided on the latter, because in actuality all the character sprites are composed of head sprites and body sprites, much like in A Link to the Past. I figured that there is only a certain amount of combinations these appear in anyway, and I can't think of any situation someone may be in that would require them to use two layers, even if they were programming an actual game (size restrictions are easily bypassed in most computer game programming). Besides, my intent is to study the sprites, and Neo Bomberman has beautiful graphics.

The two "A" symbols mean that the animation links there. From the upper reference, Bomberman is catching a thrown bomb; once the animation finishes, it goes to the lower "A" reference, which is him throwing the bomb. If you're wondering about the background colors, I always use that shade of yellow because it's a light color and it is odd, so it doesn't conflict with the colors of the sprites.

I might do more sprites from this game, but it won't be until later, probably. It takes a lot of time to rip a character, that's for sure.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's pretty cool seeing the subtle changes between sprites. It took far more work than I myself would probably ever invest, though I have thought about it before a couple times in my furious screenshot sessions of past. Props, Zaphe. :)
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks. :happy:  I only had the walking frames done on the day that I picked this back up; getting everything else took up most of my morning and part of my afternoon. So if I do more of these sprites, probably expect smaller things sooner, like enemies and items! :hilarious: 

Neo Bomberman has always impressed me with its graphics, I don't know, there's just something about it that Hudson definitely got right.

EDIT: I figured I'd missed some frames... the animation for jumping onto a ridable creature is included now, to the right of the stunned animations.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
This was pretty easy:

These guys basically just use the Bomberman body sprites (in Neo Bomberman, character sprites are divided into heads and bodies) with a different "Bad Bomber" head. The Bad Bomber head has no animations. So really it was just a matter of pasting the head sprite over the walking sprites that I'd already ripped earlier, and then collecting all of the palettes.

EDIT: Holy crap, one day off from the last date that I posted in this topic... 2 years ago? I can't believe it has been THAT long... :stun: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wait... there were Bad Bombers in Neo? Wow, I forgot all about that.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, you face seven of them at once in the stage preceding the battle with Atomic Bomber. They're taken out easily, though, and sometimes they even take each other out, it's usually a very short stage.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 pm  Reply with quote + 

Why? I don't know, because I felt like it?

So I guess this is going to be just a general sprites rips thread from now on.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 am  Reply with quote + 
I'd rather not triple-post, but this is a hefty update:

All enemy characters, including the destruction animation, from ZONE 5 in Super Bomberman 5. In other words, all of the enemies that are specific to Super Bomberman 5. Includes official names and translations.

This is almost completely irrelevant to the projects that I'm committed to... but it's the only thing that's keeping my sanity intact right now.

EDIT: I forgot that I had ripped these guys' sprites a while back.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:12 pm
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:04 am  Reply with quote + 
Why would you rather not triple post in your own topic in a dead forum, no one will care, actually I'd prefer it if you had things to add.

Seriously, double/triple post rules are only really in place to prevent people from spam bumping or posting several times within the same brief period. I'm not worried about either here really.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's just a matter of etiquette from larger forums that is still locked into my mind. Besides, there was over half a year between my first and third posts in the series, and nobody had replied. So I guess that maybe I figured, I'm just wasting space on the forum? Which is also just another holdover from large forum etiquette.

In any case, here are Terrorin's sprites, which I've also had ripped for a while, but I had to verify them some more with screenshots. There seem to be a lot of unused frames/pieces.

In case anybody is wondering, I'm keeping the sprites in boxes so that there is no discrepancy as to how they are to be positioned in relation to each other during each animation. Were they to be used in a game, the background color would be set to alpha.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not quite sure what comments on sprite rips could be made anyway, they kindof are what they are.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Stuff and nonsense, there are tons of comments that can be made about sprite sheets. "Nice choice of background color", "I like the font", and "very orderly spacing!!!!!" are all acceptable responses. You can also feel free to discuss the current weather or start up a debate on religion, both of which are customary topics of conversation in a traditional spritesheet-posting topic.

That aside, here are more sheets.

On a side note, those four Tunnel (jungle) tiles at the bottom of the Super Future tileset do not work in the way that you would expect them to. You'd think that they would extend to the outer walls from the inside. This is not the case; they extend toward the middle of the stage from the outside edges of the screen. See the screenshots for stages 7-2 and 7-4 of the Hidden Bomb Battle Game map for clarity.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
The sprites are nice. Good job.

Yeah, there really just isn't much to say about ripped sprites, really.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 am  Reply with quote + 
I like what you did with the corners.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
I ripped these a few days ago, and was holding off until I could rip the sprites from the other SNES games, but I'll just go ahead and upload these. This sheet contains all of the enemy characters from Super Bomberman, including Mogura's original Japanese sprites.

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
I like how you label things with words, that's mighty snazzy.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Why thank you, good sirs.

It was a little rainy this morning, just enough to get the ground wet. Clouds settled in overhead throughout most of the day, but it was still pretty warm.

(I was just joking about the religious flamewars thing though, please do not take me up on that offe.r)

So here are Mujoe's sprites from "Bomberman Jetters: Legendary Bomberman". I ripped them a few weeks ago while working on translating the game.

And here are some Saturn Bomberman sprites that I've had ripped for a few months now.

I also have most of Bomberman's sprites ripped; what's really holding me back are the bomb lifting sprites, since I'm ripping them from gameplay.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:13 pm
BBZ
Bombertrainee

Post#18  Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Woah, Nice sprite ripping. you are even translating that game. Wow that will be awesome to play in english. I Still need to beat that Jetters game.

Eh I had a really good come-back at first but then I forgot about it when I was writing in this Signature box of mine and this is how you waste someones time, By making them read your Signature.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was reminded of these sprites that I had ripped couple of years ago. So I dug them up and uploaded them. These are the sprites for the Fiendish Bomber 5 as they appear in Bomberman B-Daman.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:13 pm
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:18 am  Reply with quote + 
That's interesting. I never thought they'd show up in Bomberman B-Daman (SNES/Famicom). Either they were unused, or I didn't bother getting far in the game when I tried it on emulator...

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods -> Bomberman Emulation All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1893s
Index - Back to Top