Consoles are dying
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 1169]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
http://kotaku.com/5338496/sony-files...hter-detection

Sony patent some sort of laughter and facial detection device. Note also the disturbing image of a naked man operating a self ass-kicking machine on the Sony Bravia TV contained within the diagram.

Just what the hell is this thing meant to be used for? Granted it's better than Nintendo's new sextoy, but seriously, just what?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
I honestly didn't think... what.... so you mean, it detects if you're laughing and smiling? Or if you're sad? How, why is this necessary? Is it going to secretly observe you while you're watching movies on your PS3 and report back to headquarters on whether or not you enjoyed them? Because who laughs throughout a game, unless it's multiplayer or you're watching someone fail at it.

In all actuality, I believe that that self-ass-kicking machine would be tons more useful to develop. You know, for all the big names in the console world who are wasting time with these gimmicks.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, oh boy, I have no idea what this could be used for except maybe your reactions in a japanese dating sim maybe?

lol wait!?!? Japanese dating sims for PS3?!? and bring them to the US!?!?
nah.... it'll never happen, Regulus..... calm down. calm down.

By the way I do not support this idea either.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
I honestly didn't think... what.... so you mean, it detects if you're laughing and smiling? Or if you're sad? How, why is this necessary? Is it going to secretly observe you while you're watching movies on your PS3 and report back to headquarters on whether or not you enjoyed them? Because who laughs throughout a game, unless it's multiplayer or you're watching someone fail at it.

You don't play any good RPGs do you? I can't even recall how much I laughed during Tales of Symphonia the dialougue story and characters were all so good. Disgaea is a hoot of a game too. As you mention laughing in multiplayer is always common as well.

but no we don't need the device for any of that. Just wanted to point out that games can make ya laugh. I love em, but I guess you and I probably play different kinds of games.

Oh YES! btw appropriate topic name.

Our Breed of gamer is no longer recognized in today's world even though we used to be the main fanbase. Gaming is not what it once was. Things have changed so much. All the great videogame companies have either had to adapt to the new user market to appeal to them (Nintendo with there new gimmicky shit, Sega making all crap yet people still buy it, etc.) or go out of business instead (Working Designs making niche games not enough people wanted, etc), cause of all the newfags calling themselves gamers now destroying our market. I feel the same way about the Anime industry. In a few more years there may not be anything left out there I'll even enjoy. I buy videogames less and less often these days. Last new game I bought was Blazblue.

I'm quite upset about the whole ordeal.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
lol, oh boy, I have no idea what this could be used for except maybe your reactions in a japanese dating sim maybe?

lol wait!?!? Japanese dating sims for PS3?!? and bring them to the US!?!?
nah.... it'll never happen, Regulus..... calm down. calm down.

By the way I do not support this idea either.

I lol'ed. Nothing more can be said.

Reggy wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:

You don't play any good RPGs do you? I can't even recall how much I laughed during Tales of Symphonia the dialougue story and characters were all so good. Disgaea is a hoot of a game too. As you mention laughing in multiplayer is always common as well.

but no we don't need the device for any of that. Just wanted to point out that games can make ya laugh. I love em, but I guess you and I probably play different kinds of games.

Those are good examples, but I also tend to laugh or at least smile or chuckle in some of my games (either because something incredibly awesome/badass happened or a character got owned badly, and of course the dialogue or voice overs (good or bad, makes no difference)).

I agree completely that the idea of there being a device that does that is completely unnecessary though.

Reggy wrote:
Oh YES! btw appropriate topic name.

Our Breed of gamer is no longer recognized in today's world even though we used to be the main fanbase. Gaming is not what it once was. Things have changed so much. All the great videogame companies have either had to adapt to the new user market to appeal to them (Nintendo with there new gimmicky shit, Sega making all crap yet people still buy it, etc.) or go out of business instead (Working Designs making niche games not enough people wanted, etc), cause of all the newfags calling themselves gamers now destroying our market. I feel the same way about the Anime industry. In a few more years there may not be anything left out there I'll even enjoy. I buy videogames less and less often these days. Last new game I bought was Blazblue.

I'm quite upset about the whole ordeal.

I find it amusing that we were just talking about this kind of thing this morning. I agree word for word with what you said. The last new game I bought (besides MvC2 via PSN Store, but that's debatable anyway) I think was... RE5 back when it first came out? Although, to be fair, there have been a few games I'd like to get and have expressed interest in, but I can't for varying reasons. But still, kind of lame.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1876s
Index - Back to Top