Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Turok
[Replies: 8]  [Views: 1818]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm sure someone here heard of the great game from 2008 right? I'm planning on getting the game for Christmas. Only one problem, I have to wait quite a while.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Haven't heard of it... I have the old Turok 2 for N64, used to have Turok Rage Wars but don't know where it is, and I had Turok Evolution for PS2 though. They're pretty good.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've played the first game, Seeds of Evil, and Evolution. All three are good, but Evolution has all the good stuff. I'm also thinking about trying to get Rage Wars. By the way, whats that one like?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's been forever since I've played it, but it's just all focused on the multiplayer experience. You can play as some of the characters and enemies that you couldn't play as in previous games. I remember it having one of those modes where a player turns into a chicken or monkey or something. There's a single player mode where you just pick a character and compete against other set characters through battles, I think there are "bosses" too. It's been years since I've even seen the cartridge I owned, all I've got is the box now. Try looking it up on YouTube, there seems to be a lot of footage there.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, wow I haven't heard Turok in awhile. I played the first one for N64 and a PS2 one as well. I mainly just played them with my friends once in a great while, never owned any. They were kind of amusing though I couldn't play them more then a half hour- hour each time.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
lol, wow I haven't heard Turok in awhile. I played the first one for N64 and a PS2 one as well. I mainly just played them with my friends once in a great while, never owned any. They were kind of amusing though I couldn't play them more then a half hour- hour each time.

I used to play Turok Evolution with my friends (until the disc wouldn't work.). I always chose to paly as a Raptor so I could zoom past everything they fire at me. All they could even hit me with was the War Club.
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
That reminds me, I picked up the PC version of the first two Turok games but still haven't got around to playing them. I'm mostly familiar with Turok by the comic series, but I admit from the changes in setting I've heard the new game has, it really doesn't interest me. Changing the title character into a soldier rather than a native american just bugged me; where's the originality? Haven't we like fifty million generic soldier video game protagonists already? Not that I paid much attention to the story of the other games, but it just irked me, y'know. It could very well be a potentially good game, but without any means (or interest) of playing it I'll just remain cranky and old-fashioned. Razza frazza.

Turok 2 was awesome, though, especially in multi-player - my friends and I killed so many weekends with it. I don't think Evolution got the same buzz from us, though. My brother wasn't enamoured with the single-player mode, feeling it was just a rip-off of Halo. I'd need more experience with it to judge.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
After looking it up it seems to be a reboot of the series.

Speaking of the comics, I actually do own a copy of the first Turok Dinosaur Hunter comic. (this one). Found it in a flea market years ago. Nothing else though.

I don't remember if I ever finished Turok Evolution, it was a lot different than Turok 2 though. Though Turok 2 was the first one I ever played, and that tends to affect your views a bit.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
After looking it up it seems to be a reboot of the series.

Speaking of the comics, I actually do own a copy of the first Turok Dinosaur Hunter comic. (this one). Found it in a flea market years ago. Nothing else though.

I don't remember if I ever finished Turok Evolution, it was a lot different than Turok 2 though. Though Turok 2 was the first one I ever played, and that tends to affect your views a bit.

Turok Evolution was the first I played. To think I was only 11 when I played it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1525s
Index - Back to Top