The Touhou Project
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 1796]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou

Touhou is an extremely difficult danmaku shooter made by one person. The game has many cute characters, and has a deep story for an arcade shooter.

So, let's discuss this sandwich made of bullet and hell. What games have you cleared? And on what difficulty/amount of lives/number of continues?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:46 am  Reply with quote + 
You mean series of shooters... I always liked the one that's a clone of twinkle star sprites. if only that had online support or something i'd be in mutiplayer shooter heaven, but instead i'll just play twinkle star sprites on 2df... yeah... yeah... I do just enjoy saying twinkle star sprites repeatably.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've heard all about the Touhou games. I actually went to a panel for them at anime boston last year (Though I actually first heard of them 3ish years ago). I'd love to play them but there's no way my shitty old computer could handle them. I have a lot of the parody songs by Iosys and silver forest. "Tsuru Pettan" is a total joy to listen to.

Check it out if you don't know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fc4wbDCsG4&feature=related

Twinkle Star Sprites is another game on my "to buy" list! I've known about it for awhile and it looks amazing and is probably fun as hell multiplayer. I'm planning on eventaully getting the Sega Saturn version but its gonna be a mighty blow to my wallet when I decide to pick it up. I've seen it go for $100-$150 or even more on Ebay sometimes.

Some of the funnest and really hard shooters I have are Ikaruga for Gamecube (actually my brother owns the copy I lost mine years ago.) I also have Castle Shikigami 2 for PS2 which is really cool. I haven't beaten either of those. Actually I may have beaten Ikaruga but it was probably with a riduclous number of credits.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Some of the funnest and really hard shooters I have are Ikaruga for Gamecube (actually my brother owns the copy I lost mine years ago.) I also have Castle Shikigami 2 for PS2 which is really cool. I haven't beaten either of those. Actually I may have beaten Ikaruga but it was probably with a riduclous number of credits.

Almost certainly, I credited my way threw Ikaruga on my 1st play through... unlimited credits+shooter makes it crazy. Or I think that game has unlimited credits on the DC version, if not I prolly worked a tad to beat the game.
Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Haha yeah.

To be honest I love Touhou's music more than the game, and the parodies are very creative XD
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hiya! Just wanted to possibly breath some life back into this topic seeing as how I'm starting to actually play Touhou now.

One of my friends burned me copies of some of the games. He gave me Touhou 6 - Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil, Touhou 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom, and I believe it's part 9? Phantasmagoria of Flower View. I haven't actually played the later 2 yet. I was afraid the games weren't going to run well on my comp but i recently wiped my hard drive so it's pretty empty again and I tried playing Scarlet Devil and it works great!

I'm pretty terrible at the game right now but am trying to practice and get better. I was able to complete the Easy mode but I needed 1 or 2 credits to get through the Scarlet Devil Mansion, lol.

I've tried both Marisa and Reimu and prefer playing Reimu so far. (I always prefer spread or seeking type weapons in shooter) My favorite character is Sakuya Izayoi the head maid of Scarlet Devil Mansion. Her battle is very intense, even on easy mode (for me anyway ha ha) and her boss music "Lunar Clock - Luna Dial" has always been my favorite song from Touhou of the ones I ripped off Stepmania. (The rest of the songs are friggin awesome too) Anyway it's a great game. I really like it and I think I'll be playing this and perhaps the other two I've gotten for awhile and see how good I can get.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
I just played Touhou 6 on easy with Marisa (cuz she's a cute witch and more so fits my play style when it comes to these games better). Pretty fun stuff! I actually managed to play it rather decently on this PoC comp I have. lol I only used two credits on this play through (some of the mans I lost were from rather stupid things, I admit).

Upon playing it (on easy anyway), it wasn't as impossible as I thought it may be (although there are still several moments of bullet hell even on easy). I think that, if I just played it more often, I'll probably do better.

But yeah, while I can't speak for the other ones yet (I do have 7 and 8 as well, thanks to Reggy), I am quite enjoying Touhou 6.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1838s
Index - Back to Top