Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hero Bomber's bio says:

"Hero Bomber (Hero)
Protagonist in training. Young form of the King."

So by quick assumption, it would seem that Fighter Bomber becomes Hero Bomber becomes King Bomber.

Hey... wait a minute... That's Ragey's website! I wasn't aware that the Bomberman Wars manual was uploaded there!

Man, the Dark Force Bombers look so much cooler in their medieval forms... Oh hey, Bagura is named Dark Bomber. And his forehead emblem looks a lot like that of Chaos Bomber from Bomberman Quest. And to whoever it was who asked if the Dark Force Bombers were really named as such (it's been a while), yes they are. Including the name of the group, they're all accurate.
View user profile Send Private Message
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#22  Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 am  Reply with quote + 
(I can detect a mention of my name from fourteen million thousand miles awaaaaay!)
I've been meaning to organise a larger comprehensive Bomberman section for my site so I can throw miscellaneous things like that on without necessarily needing a whole section on the game (I'd love to cover Wars, but, ugh, I don't know if I'm willing to kill half an hour or more on each stage again). You've probably already found the directory, but here's the rest of the scans along with some preliminary work stuff.

On the subject of World, though, does anyone have the American manual handy? I'm always interested by manual text, but the UK manual is pretty crazy, with lots of weird names and oddities ("Ouch Star - Fiery Star"? "Bomber Akindo"?), so I'm curious how it translates a few things. It waffles a lot of nonsense about the multi-player characters, such as "Bishop Bomber: A cleric who normally roams the edge of the screen and is expert at abduction," that are either poorly translated prose or really bored writers.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ragey wrote:
(I can detect a mention of my name from fourteen million thousand miles awaaaaay!)

Rofl :hilarious: 

Anyway yeah, I found the directory with all the scans there, but thanks. Do the stages really take that long? O_o

As for Bomberman World, I do have the American manual, but I'm suspicious as to what is translated correctly. I've verified that all the villains' names are correct now (except Bagular, they call him "Burglar" >_<), and I'm sure all the Battle Mode characters are named right (Merchant, Witch, Fairy, Hero, Ninja, Bishop, Monk... no "Akindo" O_o).And Bishop Bomberman's bio says:

Bishop Bomberman: He is always wandering on the screen. Unpredictable character.

However, since you mentioned the worlds being named "Stars" again... I'm uncertain as to whether or not the worlds are named correctly here. It just calls them generic things - Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Dark Worlds (Maybe English translators just have something against the original namings of the planets? It happened with SB3...) The big bosses, I think are probably correct, or at least partially, because Earth Bomber's boss is named "Torento", which seems to be the exact romanization of what I translated as "Trent" (the generic name for absolutely -every- tree-monster in the Bomberman series).

In any case, we will never be certain until we get our hands on the Japanese manual. If you want anything else from it, I can do that though. But now I'm curious... Did the European version get its own different voice actors, or are they the same?
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Seriously, I spend three months as a teacher with no time for internet and the Bomberman fandom suddenly goes active?
Congratulations on all the hard work! You, too, Ragey, I loved the scans. :3
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Do the stages really take that long? O_o
Ish. It varies; a match against weak forces can be over relatively quickly, though "relatively quickly" generally means no less than five minutes. Once you start reaching the border stages you can expect to be spending around half an hour. You can imagine how much fun it is to spend that much time on a level and then die, thus wasting all your time. Of course, playing it on a slow-ass PAL Saturn certainly didn't help matters. :/
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I've verified that all the villains' names are correct now (except Bagular, they call him "Burglar" >_<)
The UK manual calls him Buggler. Argh! Though the US version was published by Atlus, who also covered Fantasy Race, so at least they got it consistent. The European version of World was actually published by Sony themselves, of all people.
Dark Zaphe wrote:
(Merchant, Witch, Fairy, Hero, Ninja, Bishop, Monk... no "Akindo" O_o)
"Akindo" is the UK manual's name for the Merchant, despite the fact everyone else is translated correctly. He's the first character listed and it's blatant as day, the "Bomber" part of his title being a prefix rather than a suffix and all. It irks me!
Dark Zaphe wrote:
However, since you mentioned the worlds being named "Stars" again... I'm uncertain as to whether or not the worlds are named correctly here. It just calls them generic things - Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Dark Worlds (Maybe English translators just have something against the original namings of the planets? It happened with SB3...)
I really wish I knew what the hell they were thinking with the manual names, because, seriously, they actually do provide two names for it, and neither are accurate to what's presented in the game.
Dark Zaphe wrote:
If you want anything else from it, I can do that though.
I admit it'd be neat to have the descriptions of stuff transcribed, just for the sake of completism (I'm really finicky about sources of information these days!). I've transcribed the good bits of the UK manual, I just need my FTP access to start working again so I can upload it.
Dark Zaphe wrote:
But now I'm curious... Did the European version get its own different voice actors, or are they the same?
I thought they had only changed the voice of Bomberman and the announcer, but apparently every character's got a new voice, and some new lines! I believe the European version was a fresh translation from the original Japanese, rather than just using the American one (different publishers, of course). The American version has its own unique passwords, but the European game uses the same passwords as the Japanese version. And it has a langauge select. Could be worth checking if the sounds are different. Very doubtful, though.

Here's a few samples (I would've gotten more but I was really hoping to find the sound data and rip it all from there, but no dice, I hate recording sounds from gameplay :{ )
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8WS7598D
Bomberman's voice is... well, yeah. Squealing "mistake!" while bursting was an in-joke among my friends for a while. I much, much prefer Earth Bomber's UK voice ("feeeeeeeeeel the power, Bombaman!"), though neither of Cyclone's voices are any good, I feel. The US voice is very bland, while the UK voice is always painfully British (and how does one catch a cyclone?).
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#26  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Interesting developments I see.

It's also worth noting that IN the actual game (US version), the planets are referred to as "Forest Planet", "Wind Planet", "Fire Planet", and "Water Planet" rather than "world" or "star".
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#27  Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Ragey wrote:
The UK manual calls him Buggler. Argh! Though the US version was published by Atlus, who also covered Fantasy Race, so at least they got it consistent. The European version of World was actually published by Sony themselves, of all people.

...Did I call him "Bagular"? >_< I meant "Bagura", That's how it's spelled in Japanese so I usually just keep it the same. I don't see how you can really "translate" that name... The only reason I can see of them calling him "Buggler" is because in Japanese "Bagu" is a computer bug and I guess the translators thought that was intended, which I doubt...

Ragey wrote:
Here's a few samples (I would've gotten more but I was really hoping to find the sound data and rip it all from there, but no dice, I hate recording sounds from gameplay :{ )
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8WS7598D

Oh... oh no.... NOOOO! (blows up)

Good grief, the European version makes Bomberman sound like a friggin mouse... US Earth Bomber sounds like he should be in a DBZ cartoon, while UK Earth Bomber sounds like he should be wearing a top hat, monocle and pulling the edge of his evil moustache... I'm not too fond of either Cyclone Bomber... I'd like to hear Fire Bomber and see if the European version makes him sound like a retard as well, and if Aqua Bomber sounds like he needs his inhaler. >_<

I want to hear the Japanese voices...
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Did I mention that the introduction for the Japanese version has voice acting that is missing in the English one? (You know, while they are being summoned and transformed by Bagular... who in my SBMAN3 manual was called Bugler, I think).
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#29  Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh really? Interesting... I thought it was just supposed to be silent. Might be neat to check into, if I or someone else can translate the spoken Japanese.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Oh really? Interesting... I thought it was just supposed to be silent. Might be neat to check into, if I or someone else can translate the spoken Japanese.

If someone will record the audio and upload it then I'll give it a go, though often those kind of 16bit voices are difficult to make out the sound for though.
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#31  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Did I mention that the introduction for the Japanese version has voice acting that is missing in the English one?
Haha, I think that was one of the first things I wanted to mention about the Japanese version, I must've forgotten. Here's a video! The dialogue starts around 1:25, ish. If that isn't clear enough I can rip the sound from the source video if need be.
Duke Serkol wrote:
... who in my SBMAN3 manual was called Bugler, I think).
You have a Super Bomberman 3 manual in English?? DO WANT D:
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#32  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Why would you want the manual in English? :P
I guess it would be interesting to see anyway.

The video of the intro, they sound like they have the same voice actors as they do in Bomberman Wars. Which are much better than either English version in my opinion. Anyway, awesome.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#33  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
We are bombers. (warera wa bonba)
Revive o guards, dark force bombers. (yomigaeru waga shubihei, daaku foosu bonba yo)
Earth bomber! (earth bonba!)
Cyclone bomber! (saikuron bonba!)
Fire bomber! (faia bonba!)
Aqua bomber! (akua bonba!)
We gathered together, make the dark force bombers. (warera, yon nin surote daaku foosu bonba)
Go forth, dark force bombers. (yuku no ja, daaku foosu bonba yo)

Words in red mean possibly incorrect spelling.
Words in blue mean possibly incorrect word.

Last edited by Razon on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:43 am
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#34  Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shouldn't it be "Da-ku Fo-su Bonba-"? (Dark Force Bomber)

And for Damsuwortsu I hear the same thing. Sky Bomber should be "Saikuron" (サイクロン - Cyclone) Bomber, but between the music and all it does make it sound like "Taikyou". Also though I heard "Bagura" once or twice in the first line but as for that, heck if I know. Thanks for the translation though.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#35  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:41 am  Reply with quote + 
I re-listened to it and made the necessary fixes, easy to mis-hear something when it's not clear- especially when it's ones non native tongue. The sky bomber one didn't seem out of place because there was an earth bomber, and there was a fire and water bomber opposite example.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#36  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:

I can answer that! To compare, to see, to have. ;^;
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#37  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well in any case you did a lot better than I could have, thanks for the translation.

Shiro wrote:
I can answer that! To compare, to see, to have. ;^;

I guess the idea of just having it for the purpose of collection makes sense.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#38  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ragey wrote:
Duke Serkol wrote:
... who in my SBMAN3 manual was called Bugler, I think).
You have a Super Bomberman 3 manual in English?? DO WANT D:

I has a SBMan3 manual that is in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and... Norwegian I think. It reeks of awesome.

Dark Zaphe wrote:

Everyone wants my precious.

I guess I'll have to scan it for you guys :wink: 

Razon wrote:
Revive, our lord o damesworth bomber. (yomigaeru waga shoge, dansuworutsu bonba yo)

Who's saying this? Sound like the four are reviving Bagular, but I thought it was the otehr way around.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#39  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I has a SBMan3 manual that is in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and... Norwegian I think. It reeks of awesome.

Holy shhhhh....jibblers. How big is it? :surprise: 

And about dansuworutsu Bomber, I still think it's Dakufotsubonba. Makes sense that Bagura would be telling them to revive.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#40  Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Duke Serkol wrote:

Holy shhhhh....jibblers. How big is it? :surprise: 

76 pages.
No I'm not scanning all of those.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
And about dansuworutsu Bomber, I still think it's Dakufotsubonba. Makes sense that Bagura would be telling them to revive.

But then the part where it says "our lord" would have to be wrong, right?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2250s
Index - Back to Top