[Replies: 2]  [Views: 989]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Razon
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Full Conference: HD Quality, SD Quality

I hadn't thought much of the OnLive after watching a quick few minute video about it, but after I watched the full conference which I linked to just above- I think that it has a lot of potential. It's an interesting concept and I think that it could do very well, that is if they can handle any lag issues properly. I signed up for the beta and would like to try it, but I like my games to respond instantly and wouldn't want there to even be any milliseconds of lag before the game responds. I wouldn't mind any connection latency to be able to play a game online with someone else that isn't normally online, that's a very nice feature about OnLive- I'd probably use it just for online play for games. The fact that it can run from anywhere basically with either the piece, or a quick download on practically any pc is also very nice.

So what does everyone else think of this? Will you use it? Do you think that it will succeed, or perhaps fail miserably? Before you give an opinion about it, you should really watch the full OnLive conference video that I gave a link to.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:08 am  Reply with quote + 
So the service has been up for a few months now, and it has been improving as it's gone along. And just the other day they removed any monthly fee requirement from the service altogether, so it's open for everyone to try out game demos and use the services for free now. The only time you pay is when you rent or buy each game obviously, but even for that they've done half off deals and buy one get another game free type deals quite a few times already. They're planning for even less latency and better video quality soon as well, then it just needs more games and to make it to more countries. http://blog.onlive.com/2010/10/04/onlive-just-play-for-free/

If it's available in your country already and you haven't already tried it, then you should go hop on over to the main website and give it a run.

My OnLive name is ------- if you want to friend, though I'm rarely around on the service.

Last edited by Razon on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:18 pm
Rapidkirby3k
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
I heard about OnLive from its televised commercial not too long ago, but since I'm more of a Steam user, I don't know if I should go for it. =/
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1989s
Index - Back to Top