BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
What games are you playing/looking forward to?
[Replies: 188]  [Views: 39672]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 3  
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#101  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 am  Reply with quote + 
Still playing Peace Walker. Even though I finished the main game, there's still all of these side missions to do so I'm working on that. This game was really designed around replay value.

Not looking forward to much of anything right now, seeing as I have no money. I'm kind of interested in Phantasy Star Portable 2, Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations, and I still need to get the third Ace Attorney game.

Also need to work on the three RPGs (Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 4, and Xenosaga Episode 1) I started but haven't gotten around to finish.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#102  Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Still playing Peace Walker. Even though I finished the main game, there's still all of these side missions to do so I'm working on that. This game was really designed around replay value.

Then congragulations. Because with the MGS games I've seen there was some kind of mini-game you could do that was referencing to another game series. And I couldn't believe it when I saw what Peace Walker's mini-game was....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fJXHXs5TvY&playnext_from=TL&videos=F6VR_DvWnQ0
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#103  Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

Then congragulations. Because with the MGS games I've seen there was some kind of mini-game you could do that was referencing to another game series. And I couldn't believe it when I saw what Peace Walker's mini-game was....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fJXHXs5TvY&playnext_from=TL&videos=F6VR_DvWnQ0

Yeah, them Monster Hunter missions were kind of out of place. Especially considering that MH isn't even from the same company. Makes me wonder what Capcom got in exchange...

Even back when I first saw them I didn't think it fit into the game's context at all. I mean, fighting dragons and dinosaurs and stuff in the 1970s? And that those things never existed in the previous games? Unlocking the missions was ridiculous too, I never would've got them if I didn't look it up online.

Not that I disliked it, mind you. It just really didn't really go along with the rest of the game and franchise at all.

But anyway, now I'm just wasting my time unlocking the last weapons/items I'm missing in the game, as I've beaten all of the extra missions. Still a fun game though.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#104  Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Yeah, them Monster Hunter missions were kind of out of place. Especially considering that MH isn't even from the same company. Makes me wonder what Capcom got in exchange...

This maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42vbjXVqcKE
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#105  Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Since Peace Walker, I've been in a bit of a Metal Gear mode. I recently finished Metal Gear Solid 3 yet again a few days ago. I also started working on the original Metal Gear Solid, and may even play the other games I have if my Metal Gear swing continues. I also finished the original Resident Evil with Chris for the second time via PSP (those games seem to be excellent for a PSP, since I recall playing (and finishing) the other two original PlayStation games on my PSP).

I've also been playing a few other titles mostly out of fun. These include, as of late, Resident Evil 4 (just messing around, highly doubt this'll turn into a marathon kind of thing), Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Phantasy Star Zero, WarioWare Inc., Peace Walker (still lol), Civil War Generals II with my bro, and original Smash Bros. also with my bro. I may have forgotten some, but whateves.

Although I have no money yet, I'm looking forward to Dead Rising 2 when that comes around, maybe get the inferior remake (or so I hear) of Dead Rising for Wii so I can actually play the original game in some way (one game is not enough to justify getting a new console (except if it's Metal Gear related, of course)). I dunno, something about killing zombies with everyday items like benches, TVs, or even CDs just sounds so exciting!

Recent stuff I'm into:

Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#106  Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

I'm about 3 hours in so far, it's been a great game :3
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#107  Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 am  Reply with quote + 
If you're going into metal gear mode, totally should try out the non solids, in the least Metal Gear 2 for the MSX, should try the first one too. Go back to the slightly softer more pixaly roots ;P.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#108  Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:38 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
If you're going into metal gear mode, totally should try out the non solids, in the least Metal Gear 2 for the MSX, should try the first one too. Go back to the slightly softer more pixaly roots ;P.

I have actually played the original titles, thanks to Subsistence. Metal Gear 2 is an excellent game, among my top five favorite Metal Gear games, and the first is kind of the same thing as the NES one, although not as much BS.

I actually tried Snake's Revenge too. XD Game was too hard (the first boss in particular).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#109  Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti and I are currently rocking some old school Star Craft and Brood War on Battle.net.

Anyone on here still have those games that might want to play? I'm not gonna claim I'm good but we're definitely improving considerably as we play more.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#110  Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Since Peace Walker, I've been in a bit of a Metal Gear mode. I recently finished Metal Gear Solid 3 yet again a few days ago. I also started working on the original Metal Gear Solid, and may even play the other games I have if my Metal Gear swing continues. I also finished the original Resident Evil with Chris for the second time via PSP (those games seem to be excellent for a PSP, since I recall playing (and finishing) the other two original PlayStation games on my PSP).

I've also been playing a few other titles mostly out of fun. These include, as of late, Resident Evil 4 (just messing around, highly doubt this'll turn into a marathon kind of thing), Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Phantasy Star Zero, WarioWare Inc., Peace Walker (still lol), Civil War Generals II with my bro, and original Smash Bros. also with my bro. I may have forgotten some, but whateves.

Although I have no money yet, I'm looking forward to Dead Rising 2 when that comes around, maybe get the inferior remake (or so I hear) of Dead Rising for Wii so I can actually play the original game in some way (one game is not enough to justify getting a new console (except if it's Metal Gear related, of course)). I dunno, something about killing zombies with everyday items like benches, TVs, or even CDs just sounds so exciting!

*coughgraphic*****cough*
Yes you heard right. I'm tired of people saying it's always better on the 360/PS3 because the ONLY difference is the graphics. And besides the graphics the developers decide to use for Wii ports is NOT what the Wii is really capable of.
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAs2Br_yzRg
Developed by the same people who made Blue Dragon and published by Nintendo themselves in case you're wondering.
Overall as long as the gameplay is good one can ignore the graphics used in the Wii Ports despite those graphics not even being close to the consoles REAL power. EVERYBODY thinks it's graphics over gameplay and they think that as such games with good graphics are the best ever despite Ocarina of Time STILL being marked as greatest game of all time on Game Rankings, with Super Mario Galaxy 2 right behind it.

By the way, Tri is watching you. Why don't you be a man and go buy Monster Hunter Tri. Seriously! I need to know who I'll be able to hunt with when I get Tri myself! Better yet, why don't you just get ANY MH game for the PSP since you have one? You don't even know what you're missing! Unite's the best selling PSP Game for a reason after all! Basically the games are designed around replay value and intense and difficult combat that truely gives a sense of accomplishment when you manage to hunt a boss monster. You may struggle with the game at first but it's PERFECTLY NORMAL given the nature of the games. Tri and Unite are the most accessable MH games other than the Japan exclusive Frontier (Frontier was ported to Xbox 360 as well but does not feature improved graphics for the system, does not have the Unite Exclusive monsters Nargacuga, Ucanlos, and the added subspecies, but most importantly COMPLETELY lacks EVERY ONE of Tri's monsters. That doesn't mean Frontier has exclusive monsters as well though (Some of which might not stay exclusive given how Hypnoc and Volganos were added into Unite as Hypnocatrice and Lavasioth [Their varients/subspecies are still Frontier exclusive though]).
Tri Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l3f3csAZn8
MHFU Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKX2_1kBekE
And don't say anything like "but Tri has static shadows" because EVERY MH game has static shadow detail. NONE of them have any realistic shadow details save for buildings and cliff sides. Not sure why none of them have any realistic shadows for the monsters but I think it has something to do with higher detail for everything else?

Last edited by Mighty on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:39 pm
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#111  Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've been playing Monster Rancher DS, to be honest, the whole series is firmly lodged up its own arse, its not so great

i remember the cartoon where... was the kid called Ganky? absurd name, nehoo, he couldn't attack a bunch of clones or something of Muchie because he thought they were too cute. For a program to dictate to the audience what was cute or not just isn't on, especially as the pink clunge wasn't in any way at all
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#112  Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Blue Dragon wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

*coughgraphic*****cough*
Yes you heard right. I'm tired of people saying it's always better on the 360/PS3 because the ONLY difference is the graphics. And besides the graphics the developers decide to use for Wii ports is NOT what the Wii is really capable of.

lol @ graphicswhore

Where in my post did I say anything about graphics? Hate to burst your bubble, but I honestly could care less about graphics when it comes to games. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I'm one of the few gamers who considers graphics to be one of the least important aspects of a video game.

There are quite a few reasons why the Wii version of Dead Rising is considered inferior to the 360 version (other then graphics). Some such reasons include:

* Significantly reduced number of zombies on screen. Wii's only a 100 while the 360 can have up to 800 on screen.
* Photography, one of the most notable aspects of the original, is missing entirely on the Wii version.
* The mall itself is smaller compared to the original.
* The player character, Frank West, can no longer jump. I'm assuming this has to do with using the RE4 engine instead of the original game's.
* No more multiple endings.
* Fewer survivors and bosses.

More info can be found here, if you're interested. To be fair, most of it's faults is because the Wii is a weaker console compared to 360. Again, this is all based on what I've read/heard.

As for MH, I'm honestly just not very interested. Based on what I've seen, it doesn't look like my cup of tea. And even if I was interested, I have no money for anything right now anyway.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#113  Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:36 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Blue Dragon wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

*coughgraphic*****cough*

lol @ graphicswhore

Where in my post did I say anything about graphics? Hate to burst your bubble, but I honestly could care less about graphics when it comes to games. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I'm one of the few gamers who considers graphics to be one of the least important aspects of a video game.

There are quite a few reasons why the Wii version of Dead Rising is considered inferior to the 360 version (other then graphics). Some such reasons include:

* Significantly reduced number of zombies on screen. Wii's only a 100 while the 360 can have up to 800 on screen.
* Photography, one of the most notable aspects of the original, is missing entirely on the Wii version.
* The mall itself is smaller compared to the original.
* The player character, Frank West, can no longer jump. I'm assuming this has to do with using the RE4 engine instead of the original game's.
* No more multiple endings.
* Fewer survivors and bosses.

More info can be found here, if you're interested. To be fair, most of it's faults is because the Wii is a weaker console compared to 360. Again, this is all based on what I've read/heard.

As for MH, I'm honestly just not very interested. Based on what I've seen, it doesn't look like my cup of tea. And even if I was interested, I have no money for anything right now anyway.

You do realise that most of that stuff you mentioned is not an issue with The Last Story and Xenoblade right? Even Tri has loads of bosses and it wasn't technical reasons that got mostly everyother past boss cut out of the game, as it was most likely budget reasons. Same reason why bows and gunlances got cut out most likely (Regular lances and bowguns still seem to exist though).
Say did you even look at The Last Story's trailer?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#114  Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 am  Reply with quote + 
And you do realize that we're not talking about Xenoblade or The Last Story or Monster Hunter. We're talking about Dead Rising, a game that was originally on the Xbox 360 (and took full advantage of that) that then received a remake on the Wii.

It's a fact that the Wii isn't as powerful as it's competition, technologically speaking. Porting a game like Dead Rising, originally a 360 exclusive, onto the Wii means they had to cut out stuff, I understand that. However, because the port took a lot of cuts, it's considered to be inferior for the most part by those who have played the original Dead Rising for the same reasons I've already mentioned and more. Kind of makes me wonder why they ported the game to the Wii in the first place, but then I remember why.

Also, I did watch that trailer, and it's another title I'm not very interested in. Games like that aren't really the kind of thing I like to play. Closest thing I've played that's like that is Kingdom Hearts, but I mostly play those because one, the gameplay's pretty simple and fun, and two, it's amusing to see Disney and Square characters interacting in the same world. It's like some kind of twisted fan fiction crossover come to life.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#115  Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Suddenly a lot of cool looking games popping up.

Some interests are...

Valkyria Chronicles 2
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Starcraft 2

Can't think of any others right now, though I thought there were more. They're mostly all sequels but still....

Anyone interested in any of these? If I think of the others I'll edit my post.

Oh oops I totally put this in the wrong thread. I moved it myself from NES Collection. lol
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#116  Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Afer playing Dragon Quest 3, I'm now interested in playing Dq9 for the DS.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#117  Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:26 am  Reply with quote + 
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

I just got it, but I've been playing Ys: The Oath in Felgania for PSP which came out pretty recently. It's an enhanced remake of the third original Ys game, Wanderers From Ys, but it plays in the same style of Ys: Arc of Naptishim.

Anyways, it's an overhead action RPG with badass music. The combat's fun and the music makes fighting and exploring almost a thrill in itself. If you like, you can even switch between three different soundtracks for the game (Standard, the original remixed soundtrack made for Oath in Felgania, PC88, the soundtrack from the very original game, and X38Z, similiar to PC88 but it's still noticeably different). The music in this game is really one of the best parts of the game, it's just all so good!

You can tell a lot of effort was put into localizing the game, as all of the voices in this game are done extremely well (Dogi being voiced by Ragna the Bloodedge is awesomesauce, btw) and the script and translation is also excellent. I just bought it yesterday and I already put in over 9 hours (up til 3 in the morning playing it lol). So yeah, I really like it.

Other games I've been playing lately are Phantasy Star Portable 2 (also excellent), Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, and StarCraft. There are a couple of other things, but I've been playing these the most lately.

As of right now, the only real game I'm currently looking forward to is StarCraft 2 (but I need a better computer to actually play it). There are a couple of other games I want to get, but StarCraft 2 is at the top of my list right now. Game looks frigging awesome.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Rapidkirby3k
Bomberbie

Post#118  Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Being a gamer who also likes Little Big Planet on PS3, I'm looking forward into getting its sequel. I already pre-ordered the collector's edition and the guide from Amazon.com. :veryhappy: 

When LBP2's two-month delay occurred in November, I wasn't shocked about it since I would've been short on money after purchasing a few products online/offline. Hope to create a few levels in LBP2 soon! =D
Bombertrainee

Post#119  Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm playing Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth; Megaman Zero Collection and Final Fantasy: The Four Heros of Light.

I guess I will not finish the FF now, so I'll just finish it in July
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#120  Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, a neat PS2 RPG, as of late. Also been playing StarCraft II (finished the campaign recently, actually), Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, and a few other things thrown in between.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 6 of 10 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2751s
Index - Back to Top