BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
What games are you playing/looking forward to?
[Replies: 188]  [Views: 39643]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 3  
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
The title's pretty self explanatory. I'm just curious to see what some of you guys have been playing and/or been eager to try out lately.

Currently, I'll safely say that Resident Evil 5 is on the top of my list, with Phantasy Star 4 and Castlevania Judgment being the other most notable contenders.

As for games I'm looking forward to, I can't really say there's too much. I do want to get the other Castlevania games I'm missing for my DS along with Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. Other then that, there's nothing really new coming along I want to try out.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
There are much too many games on my list to be a honest person :oops: 

At the moment I just can play old games which already are released, but I can't wait for Tales of Symphonia 2: Knight of Ratatosk / Dawn of the New World for the Wii.

I just sit on Sonic Unleashed at the moment, after that I will start playing Zelda: Wind Waker again and wait until Crash of the Titans is on store again, that will be my next victim. Of course I would play Resident Evil 5 which already is released, but I don't have a X-Box360, it's way too expensive which all next generation consoles are, so I need to wait and play old games instead.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mostly it has been DS Bomberman 2 (European release), PS2 Bomberman games, PS2 karaoke games, and misc other PS2 titles. Sometimes long enough to get a feel for them, sometimes only long enough for screenshots until friends are around to play them more. Bomberman 2 has kept me playing DS more than usual lately, then a bit of Bomberman Hardball, and Bomberman Kart more than any of the others.

That about covers it.
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:02 am  Reply with quote + 
I am totally into anything Disgaea right now. I've been playing my old file of Disgaea for PS2, trying to get my characters and equipment powered up so I can eventually defeat and recruit Prier who is like level 2000. My guys are getting into the 200s and 300s and it's starting to not look like such an impossible goal.

I'm also working on the storymode of Disgaea 2 for the first time. I just got myself a copy a week or so ago and the game is awesome. I love the dialougue in both games I'm always laughing.

I was also working on Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for DS. Haven't played it for a little while but I will be getting back to it soon.

I was also randomly playing the First Alundra game for PS1 which is a sort of action RPG. It's kind of on hold for awhile.

All I have hooked up right now is my PS2 and my computer since we're going to be moving in a few weeks, so that's what I've been playing alot.

Some games I'm looking forward to playing are the new version of Ys books I and II for DS and Prinny: Can I really be the Hero? for PSP. I have bought them both already but haven't gotten around to playing them.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
That is way more than I even attempting to play, sir. WOW. How far are you all moving from your current place?

I still need to grab a PSP eventually, as I have Bomberman Land waiting to be played for it. :annoy: 
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Anything I have time for, honestly (she says, while writing on forums). Although I have played a bit of some of the games mentioned (Fire Emblem and ToS:2) I've been wondering if there are any new Bomberman games coming out. Last Bomberman game I got was Bomberman Land (Wii) which was pretty disappointing.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
CrystalBomber wrote:
Anything I have time for, honestly (she says, while writing on forums). Although I have played a bit of some of the games mentioned (Fire Emblem and ToS:2) I've been wondering if there are any new Bomberman games coming out. Last Bomberman game I got was Bomberman Land (Wii) which was pretty disappointing.

Yeah, I was so excited when that game came to the US. Then I saw how hard it was to get some of those minigames unlocked, and how few overall content was there for multiple players. If the games had some way to turn off tokens as a means to open them easier from trying over and over, maybe I would not fail. I do horribly in games I have to beat things in order to unlock special content. :cry: 

I bought the game only for playing the minigames with friends and every now and again playing the battle mode. The overall failure of my skills in the story mode personally, has stunted my desire for a Wii. I failed miserably in some early minigames using the WiiMote at a friend's house, and wonder if I even want to "learn" how to use it enough to unlock all that nonsense, only to never much play it? :(

I only wanted a Wii for this game, then Blast WiiWare and Blast full disc, and Mario Kart (tho my wife does enjoy Wii Sports) but paying $250+ for those few games I might play is not worth it to me. I do not need VC games, as I have those on the original consoles, or emulators on the console, or for the PC.

I had a lot of hope for Blast, but based on the way a couple people loathe it, I am scared it will also be a waste of my limited game funds. I have instead had far more entertainment with the PS2 import titles, and decided my monies will go toward owning more of those. Maybe the Wii fits the needs of some people, but until it's $100-150 with two controllers, and a game (not just WiiSports), that person is not me.

Some interesting Wii game titles here and there, I will admit that. But there's also so much PS2 shovelware. :/

I envy you RPG gamers. I try to sit down with those games, but my mind wants to do other things in the environments like demolish the castles, bust through cave walls, whatever the scenery of the game happens to be.
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, some of the games got pretty ridiculous quickly, and I just didn't have the desire to spend so much time with it. Honestly I'm not really fond of the Wiimote's motion controls (especially aiming, as if shooting with a gun, the cursor moves all over the place). Maybe I just haven't found the right "sweet spot" to play in, but it's frustrating when you know you're doing something right but the game isn't registering it.

Mario Kart Wii is fun, but the dependency on items has gotten way out of hand.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
The only games I have played in the last year have beeen have been Mario Kart 64 battle mode and Dr. Mario 64. Dr. Mario is a good game. :heart: 

I will probably break out the Saturn Bomberman sometime this year.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#10  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
That is way more than I even attempting to play, sir. WOW. How far are you all moving from your current place?

I still need to grab a PSP eventually, as I have Bomberman Land waiting to be played for it. :annoy: 

My Anime obsession has been in decline lately so I've been playing alot more videogames. Work aside I hardly do anything else, maybe hang out with a friend once in awhile.

We are moving from Rhode Island to Massachusetts. It's only about half an hour- 40 minutes from where we currently live.

The PSP is pretty cool. I mainly bought it for Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics but I now have 4 games for it.

If you really are interested in RPGs but don't like the slow pace of them you might be more into the Ys series Dragon. Ys is an action rpg where you run around and fight enemies real time not like a traditional rpg with turn based battles. You do level up and save up money for items and equipment though. The games usually have great character artwork and they always have awesome Synth rock soundtracks. So you're just running around killing monsters while rocking out. A great game to check the series out would be Ys: The Ark of Napishtim for PS2. Alot of the older ones are on multiple systems but the best versions are the ones for the Turbographics system, Ys books I and II is also available on Wii's virtual console

As for anything Bomberman, I'd probably be most interested in Getting Bomberman Wars for Saturn. That'll probably be the next bomberman related game I end up buying..
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Disgaea has always seemed interesting to me, though I don't know anything about it. The art style seems a little different and attractive to me. I remember someone mentioning something about ridiculous character levels?

Right now I'm playing Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. It seems way better than the other Crystal Chronicles game that came out for the DS (which I hardly played), although it's too early for me to make a verdict on it, especially without trying the multiplayer first.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
CrystalBomber wrote:
Disgaea has always seemed interesting to me, though I don't know anything about it. The art style seems a little different and attractive to me. I remember someone mentioning something about ridiculous character levels?

Yeah character's levels can go into the 1000s.

You can play through the main story and finish it without even going into the 100s but there are alot of bonus maps that have very powerful enemies in them.

Most of my main guys are in the 200s right now and I'm mostly working on item world. Item world is a really cool feature in disgaea. It lets you go inside an item and level it up by clearing floors of randomly generated dungeons. Each floor you get through ups the items stats. The number of floors inside are determined by the item's rarity.

It's a great game. The characters are cool and it has a hilarious story. There's tons of stuff to do in it to keep you busy for awhile. Even if you're not into making your characters uber you can play through the story mode in about 50-60ish hours I'd say. It also has new game+ which lets you carry over all your stats, items, etc. and the game has multiple endings.
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
It lets you go inside an item and level it up by clearing floors of randomly generated dungeons. Each floor you get through ups the items stats. The number of floors inside are determined by the item's rarity.

Sounds like the various mystery dungeon games (Chocobo's Dungeon, Pokemon Dungeon, etc), upgrading the item is an interesting twist though. Is the story a fluid story starting from whatever the first Disgaea game is? What game would you recommend starting with if you wanted to see the series's flavor?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm only about 6-7 chapters into the 2nd game but the story has an entirely new cast of main characters but does feature characters from the old games. I wouldn't say the 2nd game is a continuation on the first game's story. It's a totally new story but characters from the first game do make appearences.

I'd probably play the first game first since some of the games feature's like Item world and Dark Assembly change in each game. In Disgaea 2 I've noticed they've added even more to the features. In Item world for example there are gates inside that lead to secret shops and sort of pit stops every 10 floors where you can heal up and such.

The first game was hard to find for awhile but Atlus released more copies and now its not too tough to find a copy at gamestop or something. It usually goes for about 30 bucks
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
I looked it up on GameStop's site and it doesn't even list it, lol. I'll get a hold of it when I get time, I'll probably get it for DS first just to try it out and see if I like it, don't know how much of a difference there is between the original and the DS version (I think they're both the first game, if I'm not mistaken). Honestly I think I'd prefer playing it on the TV with good graphics much much more though.

I've been playing Echoes of Time still, the dungeons sort of play like a Zelda game, only far shorter and less annoying with the puzzles. However, the controls aren't nearly as smooth. I need to get my wifi fixed so I can play it online and test out the multiplayer.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#16  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Gamestop's website sucks. I can rarely find anything I'm looking for there. I mostly search for obscure titles though so it doesn't surprise me too much. I've seen copies in the stores I go to around here so it's very possible they might have it near you. The website just sucks.

I have the DS version of Disgaea also. The controls are a little on the clunky side and the graphics are not as good. The only notable difference is the new multiplayer mode which is also in the psp version a new view for battle mode you can check and a couple of other minor features. You can turn on a fog of war(im not sure if its just for battle mode or not) and you can also check out what the prinnies are saying behind your back throughout the story which is probably quite amusing.

I'd definately go for the PS2 version if you can. The PSP version would also be really good if you have a PSP that is.

Oh and in case you were wondering I'm 90% sure the multiplayer is local only.
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I still don't have a PSP, maybe someday I'll get one *shrug*. A lot of times I'm unsatisfied with the controls of the DS. A lot of times I feel like the problem is they're trying to get you to play games you'd use a joystick for with a D-pad/the stylus.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:04 am  Reply with quote + 
May get Starcraft 2 whenever its out, student budget tho i might have, i reckon i could scrape it together in the vast amount of time between here and then
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#19  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
CrystalBomber wrote:
Yeah, I still don't have a PSP, maybe someday I'll get one *shrug*. A lot of times I'm unsatisfied with the controls of the DS. A lot of times I feel like the problem is they're trying to get you to play games you'd use a joystick for with a D-pad/the stylus.

The PSP has this circular thing on it thats kind of like a joystick but it doesn't pop out on a stick. You can just shift it in different directions. I looks like it would work well for 3D games but i haven't played any on PSP yet. I usually like to keep my handheld games simple. I don't like anything with too much action cause it exhausts my wrists and it's harder to focus and perform well on a handheld system's screen isntead of a tv like in fighting games for example.

Wow! I forgot they were making a new Starcraft. I used to play the original all the time online when i was in middle school/early high school. lmao! I've lost interest in real time strategy games for the most part over the years. Especially VS mode. I was always terrible at it and usually just participated in team battles 3VS3 or something. I had some fun with that back then though. I spent many a night building tons of photon cannons to defend myself and my friends.

I still like to do the scenario makers in SC and Age of Empires. I love creating rediculous battles like 400 cave men surrounding 30 centurions and seeing who will win or having a huge army charge a wall of ballistas to see if they'll even make it to the wall. lmao, just dumb stuff.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
BOMBTARDED wrote:
The only games I have played in the last year have beeen have been Mario Kart 64 battle mode and Dr. Mario 64. Dr. Mario is a good game. :heart: 

I will probably break out the Saturn Bomberman sometime this year.

Good games there. I am contemplating breaking out Saturn Bomberman for my party this weekend. Might not because I am short some controllers to make it 6+ player, without using fighting joysticks I mean. Probably just hook up the gamecube or something. The PS2 will be busy on the other TV with karaoke. Two tvs of gaming going on.

Regulus777 wrote:
We are moving from Rhode Island to Massachusetts. It's only about half an hour- 40 minutes from where we currently live.

Cool. Most of my father's relatives are in Mass. Never met them yet. Sadly his sister-in-law died, which means I will not learn more about him, or his brother (they both are dead a while now). I have about 4 cousins to meet up there when I get the chance to make the trip, then probably try and take a ferry to Nova Scotia for genealogy research there. I found them all via the Internet. Hooray.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 10 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2736s
Index - Back to Top