[Replies: 468]  [Views: 113746]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 4  
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#161  Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
And the Super Bomberman 3 guide. This one was easy to scan right until the last few pages, though it didn't come out too bad. There's an awesome plasticine Pretty Bomber on the 37th image.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#162  Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Good grief, how much awesome can fit into just one person?!

Unfortunately, Denshi Jisho is down, which kind of put my examination of all this on hold. I was working with the Super Bomberman 3 and 4 mangas from the game manuals, blanking out text and all, but there are a couple of panels I'm still having trouble with due to some of the text being overlayed in front of artwork instead of in speech bubbles or boxes. I'll try to get some mangas translated and stuff soon!

Also yeah, nice Pretty Bomber model on that page. Standing on a soft block. Makes me want to try carving Bomberman figures again.

Thanks again for taking the time to scan all of this! Hopefully someday we will have this stuff translated (scanlated?) and put forth into the public. :peace: 
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#163  Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's not finished, but I thought I'd share what little I've done of the Bomberman Land guide. The book just fits in my scanner bed, so it's nowhere near as clean or as comprehensive as I'd like it to be - I'll go back to it after I've finished it so I can the artwork scanned in better.
In a vaguely related tangent, I've been interested in trying to pick up a few games and/or books from Amazon.co.jp (there's good stuff going for very cheap - that Bomberman Quest guidebook will be mine!!), and there's a fair few online services made for buying stuff from Japanese stores and sending it overseas to you. The problem is that they're all very vague about the costs, and it looks like you don't find out the total sum unti afterl you order, which is something I'm always a bit iffy about. Don't suppose anyone has had any experience with this sort of thing?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#164  Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Awesome, I'm downloading it as we speak.

As for the Bomberman Quest guidebook - first of all, man, I didn't know there were guidebooks for all these Bomberman games. But we could sure use some color artwork of the Commanders, since all I've seen were small images on the Hudson page.

As for vague prices... I don't know. Anytime I've bought something from overseas, the price is clear. I've only bought from Amazon.com a couple of times, though, and it wasn't overseas stuff.

I haven't really done anything with translating in a long time. I'm kind of busy with other things at the moment. I'm not sure what will happen here but I guess I will find time. Don't count on me, though! I'm not as dependable a person as people might think. I won't stop translating, but I won't necessarily work as often as I did when I started this topic.
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#165  Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Here's the rest of the book (as of this writing it's still uploading). Apparently the game itself has some 4-koma in an unlockable gallery, so I'm sure you'll be interested in getting your hands on those. =P
On the subject of translations, does the Schumuvault (the Hige Hige Bandits' fortress) from the Jetters anime show up in any of the video games? I'm just curious if there's ever been an 'official' (ie. not a fansub) translation of it, as the fansub uses "Schumulvault", Wikipedia uses "Schnurrbart", and a direct transliteration is "Shunurubaruto". I would personally go for Schumulvault, but you know me, I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to translating names.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#166  Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have no idea about the "Shunurubaruto". It doesn't ever appear in any Bomberman games that I am familiar with, including Saturn Bomberman (I mention that because it has two villains who end up in Jetters). Bagura's ship is a "Battleship" in the third game, he resides in "Hyperspace" (I think, can't remember) in the fourth, and of course has the Garaden empire on his side in Hero. Then there's the whole "Dark Force" thing in Wars and World. I guess consistency isn't a big deal to Bagura?

I can sort of see the "vault" thing as making sense, in that this base is where Bagura stores all of the stuff that he steals. What on earth "shunuru" could mean is a mystery to me, and evidently to those who did the fansub.

For reference, I dug up the Katakana spelling in case anyone in the future would like to try their hand at figuring it out:

シュヌルバルト

That Bomberman Land game... that was never released outside of Japan, was it? That will make for some interesting information.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#167  Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, that's Bomberman Land 1 for the PS1. They also made Bomberman Land 2 for the GCN and PS2, and then Bomberman Land 3 for just the PS2. None of them were released outside Japan.

After looking through the pages of the guide, I noticed that a lot of the mini-games from the later Bomberman Land titles actually first appeared as early as the first game. Geez, Hudson sure is lazy. 9_9
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#168  Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
It doesn't ever appear in any Bomberman games that I am familiar with, including Saturn Bomberman[...]
Well, crap, there goes the primary reason I started my Saturn Bomberman coverage!
The Bomberman Jetters soundtrack arrived today, and... well, yeah, it's a soundtrack. If you're interested I scanned the liner notes, but I wouldn't consider this top-priority stuff. I've translated the song titles though there's a couple that are a bit iffy - "A Little Memory of a Small Time" and "I'm At The Edge Of A Cliff" are the best I can make of them, and every other site ever just transliterates them ("Boku Wa Gappuchi" or whatever).
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#169  Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Holy crap, you're just a wealth of resources! You're really quick at collecting this stuff! :stun: 

It looks like you've got the song names right; I just went through them anyway since I don't feel like doing whatever it is that I'm supposed to be doing. I'm unsure as to how you got "and the crew" out of the title for number 26. It looks to me like "Shout's Off-Time", but maybe I'm missing something?
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#170  Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:58 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm almost sure that one letter of that title meant "gang" or something like that, like "Shout and the gang", but yeah, I think that one could do with a second attempt. (Don't forget that Google Translate, although it generally gets the best results, seem to skip over a few letters/words if it can't translate them properly, at least from my experience)
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#171  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, I've fallen behind as usual, but I don't have much to say other than thank you and congrats on bringing so much stuff to the community! :veryhappy: 

That SBMan2 guide in particular... the little intro manga seems better than that in the manual. It's almost a wetdream for fans of the Shiro-Pretty pairing *lol*
I mean, she gets wooed and frees him right in front of the others (and Shiro seems kinda sorry about stabbing her in the back immediately thereafter), how awesome is that?
The only bad thing is how they capture him. One bomb to the head? That's it? Meh...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#172  Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay, I've been trying to translate this Super Bomberman 2 game guide story manga tonight, and of course I'm having difficulty because I suck at translating Japanese dialouge. But there is some weird stuff going on... Plasma Bomber and Pretty Bomber seem to call Bomberman "older brother", and then Pretty Bomber seems to call Plasma Bomber "older brother", but then almost immediately we see Pretty Bomber flirting with Bomberman and releasing him from his cage, and then after Magnet Bomber "dies" Pretty Bomber seems to refer to him as "older brother". "Older brother", or 兄さん, keeps showing up in the text alot, and I'm almost positive that everyone is everyone else's older brother, yes even Pretty Bomber. [/sarcasm]

Also there's mention of brainwashing and "mind control", Bomber cyborgs and prototypes and whatnot. I've only gotten to the third page, then I skimmed through the rest of the pages a little.

You guys might find these interesting, though - descriptive dialouge boxes from the second page, third panel:

ゴ-レムボンバ-
怪力無双の大男

Golem Bomber - Giant of unrivaled physical strength

ブレインボンバ-
リモコン爆弾を
開発した
天才科学者
Brain Bomber - The genius scientist who developed the remote control bomb

プリテイ-ボンバ-
5人衆の紅一点
ハ-ト型爆弾
をつかう
Pretty Bomber - The lone woman of the Fiendish Bomber 5, she uses heart type bombs

プラズマボンバ-
5人衆のリ-ダ-
ボム投げの名手
Plasma Bomber - The leader of the Fiendish Bomber 5, master of bomb throwing

マグネツトボンバ-
マグネツト
ボムをつかう
Magnet Bomber - Uses magnet bombs

Poor Magnet Bomber doesn't get much of a description... Brain Bomber's description is interesting, though, as it clearly labels him as a scientist and also the inventor of remote bombs, apparantly.

I'll come back tomorrow or later and have a full transcription of the manga. Not necessarily a full translation, but a transcription.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#173  Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh, she's saying "Oni-chan". That's Japanese cutsey speak. Girls always call boys that when they want to be flirtatious. :P
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#174  Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Neat stuff! I've been meaning to go through the Super Bomberman 4 guide and transcribe the good parts, but I've been a little busy with other things lately.
Game guides for Fantasy Race, Max and Story/Tournament arrived today. The Fantasy Race guide is the only one with 4-koma, sadly, and the Max guide is the only book so far that reads from right-to-left, with the front cover on the "back", which is vaguely interesting. The Tournament guide has names and artwork for every enemy in the game, and even has some decent artwork of Brain Bomber (the other Dastardly Bombers only have art of their mutated forms), so I'll probably scan through it first.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#175  Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
Oh, she's saying "Oni-chan". That's Japanese cutsey speak. Girls always call boys that when they want to be flirtatious. :P

Are you sure about that? She only says "あ兄さん" once, and 兄 is used in several other words as well. Plus, Magnet Bomber seems to say something like "lewd big brother" when referring to Bomberman talking to Pretty Bomber. Also, Magnet Bomber calls Bomberman "big brother" and Bomberman refers to himself as Magnet's older brother, and then in the final panel Pretty Bomber seems to refer to Magnet Bomber as big brother as well.

I'm guessing that the idea of Bomberman being referred to as a "brother" refers to the fact that, as Brain Bomber states, he's the "prototype, so to speak... of the Bomber Cyborg" or something to that effect. I'm also guessing that, as with everything else in Bomberman canon, this has been retconned or forgotten or whatever, otherwise the evident Bomberman + Pretty Bomber relationship in later games would be... really, really bizarre.

In any case, here's the full text, save for two characters that I couldn't make out. The first spoiler includes my notes and a few attempted translations, while the other is just the straight Japanese text.

Spoiler:
Page 6

[Panel 1]
SFX: ZZZZZUM!

地球にしのびよる
あやしげな宇宙船......
ボンバ-マンの身にったい何が
おころうとしていのか......!?
A mysterious spaceship approaches the Earth......
(don't know the second sentence)

[Panel 2]

地球到着マデ
アト1時間......
(roughly says "Arriving at Earth in 1 hour......")

PLASMA: ふっふっふ,
これが地球か......

[Panel 3]
SFX: SHINE!

PLASMA: われらが5人衆の兄,
ボンバ-マンの
住む地球か!

Page 7

[Panel 1]
SFX: SHOCK!

BOMBERMAN: な,なに~~~っ!!
おまえがオイラの
兄弟だって~~~!?

[Panel 2]
(Sign: ボンバ-マン)

(Door: おことわ[?]
おしろソ[?])

うそだ! そんな話,
はじめて間くぞ~~~!

[Panel 3]
(Shelf: 危_
ニトログリ
I think it says "Danger
Nitroglycerin", with the last half of "Nitroglycerin" being off-screen)

(Bag: おみやげ)

PRETTY: ホントウよ, 兄さん
あなたも私たちも
異星人につくられた
サイボ-グなの

BRAIN: あなたは
ボンバ-サイボ-グの
いわば試作品...
You are a prototype, so to speak... of the Bomber Cyborg

それゆえに記憶回路に
故障をおこし,そのことを
忘れておられる

PLASMA: 兄さん!!
われわれとともに
創造主のもとに
帰ろう!!
Older brother!! Together we will return to our creator!!

(Captions)
ゴ-レムボンバ-
怪力無双の大男
Golem Bomber - Giant of unrivaled physical strength

ブレインボンバ-
リモコン爆弾を
開発した
天才科学者
Brain Bomber - The genius scientist who developed the remote control bomb

プリテイ-ボンバ-
5人衆の紅一点
ハ-ト型爆弾
をつかう
Pretty Bomber - The lone woman of the Fiendish Bomber 5, she uses heart type bombs

プラズマボンバ-
5人衆のリ-ダ-
ボム投げの名手
Plasma Bomber - The leader of the Fiendish Bomber 5, master of bomb throwing

マグネツトボンバ-
マグネツト
ボムをつかう
Magnet Bomber - Uses magnet bombs

[Panel 4]
SFX:へた
Collapsing

.....そ, そんな......

[Panel 5]
イヤだ, オイラは
この地球が
大好きなんだ~!

Background text (ugh sloppy I know)
ムンクの
ロ_び!!
(don't know what that _ character is)

Background text black (couldn't figure out one character)
めよまれちゃ_
けど

Page 3

[Panel 1]
SFX: QWAK!!

PLASMA: 問答無用
ゴメン!!

のひょ~!

[Panel 2]
SFX: ZZZZZ

[Panel 3]
BOMBERMAN: むむむ......こ, ここは?

PRETTY: 兄さんどうなるの
かしら?

[Panel 4]
PLASMA: ウム, われらのボスの所へ
つれていき, 洗脳マインドコントロ-ル......
(something about brainwashing and "mind control")

あとは必要な地球の情報を
彼の記憶から引き出すことに
なるだろうな
(something about pulling out information from Bomberman's memory?)

[Panel 5]
PRETTY: 地球攻略のために
必要な情報ね!
(along the lines of asking Bomberman for the necessary information for taking over the Earth or something)

BOMBERMAN: な, なに!!
地球攻略!?
Wha, what!!
Earth conquest!?

Page 9

[Panel 1]
BOMBERMAN (thinking): なんてこった!
Jesus Christ!
やつらのねらいは
そこにあったのか!
(expresses surprise, like "that's what those guys are aiming for?")

なんとかしなくては!

[Panel 2]
BOMBERMAN: お~い♥
かわいい妹よ
Heyyy♥
Cute little sister

PRETTY: まあ兄さん
気がついたのね
(she says something about "big brother" and him regaining his consciousness... on a side note, this sibling talk is already starting to creep me out)

[Panel 3]

BOMBERMAN: だんだん思い出してきたよ
オイラにものすだ~美人の
妹がいたっていとを

PRETTY: そお♥
よかった

[Panel 4]

BOMBERMAN: なんかこうキョ-レツな
ショックがあると
もっと思い出すと思んだ

そうだ!!
オハヨ-のチュ-を
してくれない?

SFX: くねくね

PRETTY: え~~~!!
いや~ん

MAGNET: スケベな
アニキ...

[Panel 5]

SFX: でへへつ

BOMBERMAN: ホラ, 眼りの森の美女も
チュ-で目ざめるじゃない
キミのような美人のキスなら
オイラの記憶もきっと
目ざめると思うがなア

PRETTY: しょうがないわれえ

[Panel 6]

PRETTY: それじや!
オデコなら
チュ-したげる

SFX: CLICK!

BOMBERMAN: にかつ

[Panel 7]

BOMBERMAN: ワハハハ!!
脱出成功!!
Wahahaha!!
Successful escape!!

SFX: JUMP!

PRETTY: あ~~~ん! バカ兄貴!!
乙女心をふみにじったわね

Page 10

[Panel 1]
CAPTION: このボンバ-マンが
いるかぎり
地球攻略など
許しはしないぞ!!

SFX: BOMB
BOMB
BOMB!

[Panel 2]

BOMBERMAN: たとえ, おなじボンバ-マン
兄弟といえどもだ!!

どうだ, まいったか弟よ! (note: small text above か弟よ says マグネツトボンバ-)
反省して地球攻略など
あきらめるんだ!

[Panel 3]

MAGNET: く... くそっ
だが, われわれには
あんたにはない
切りフダがある...

SFX: ヨロ!

Page 11

[Panel 1]

MAGNET: 専用の大型
殺人マシンだ!!
It's my personal jumbo murder machine!!

行けっ!!
アイアンジ-グ!!
Go!!
Iron Gigue!!

SFX: DOOOOOOM

BOMBERMAN: うひゃ~~~っ!!
そんな!!
ひきょうもの~~~っ!

[Panel 2]

BOMBERMAN: やめろ!!
兄貴にむかって
何をする!!

SFX: BOKO!

MAGNET: やかましい!!
いまさら兄貴風を
ふかすのはよせっ!

SFX: BLAM!

[Panel 3]

BOMBERMAN: よ~し, おまえがその気なら
おまえが天井裏に
エッチな本かくしること
母さんにばらすからな!!

MAGNET: エッ!
...思わず ギクッ

Page 12

[Panel 1]

BOMBERMAN: ......と, そのス キをついて
ドカ-ン!!

SFX: BOOOOMB

MAGNET: うわ~~~っ!!
兄貴のインチキ!!

Uwaaaah!!
Cheating older brother!!

[Panel 2]

BOMBERMAN: かわいそうだが
やむをえん
これも地球を守る
ため......

TEXT: なんまんだぶ...

FIENDISHBOMBERS: ううっ......
おのれ~~~

Urrghhh......
Youuuu

[Panel 3]

CAPTION: もはや兄でも
弟でも妹でも
ない!!

PRETTY: 兄さんを
倒すわ!!
(something like "You killed big brother!!"
...Although, Babelfish's translation is pretty hilarious
"Older brother falling down Good Heavens!!")

CAPTION: ボンバ-マン!!
われわれがきさまの
息の根とめてくれるわ!!

Spoiler:
Page 6

[Panel 1]
SFX: ZZZZZUM!

地球にしのびよる
あやしげな宇宙船......
ボンバ-マンの身にったい何が
おころうとしていのか......!?

[Panel 2]

地球到着マデ
アト1時間......

PLASMA: ふっふっふ,
これが地球か......

[Panel 3]
SFX: SHINE!

PLASMA: われらが5人衆の兄,
ボンバ-マンの
住む地球か!

Page 7

[Panel 1]
SFX: SHOCK!

BOMBERMAN: な,なに~~~っ!!
おまえがオイラの
兄弟だって~~~!?

[Panel 2]
(Sign: ボンバ-マン)

(Door: おことわ[?]
おしろソ[?])

うそだ! そんな話,
はじめて間くぞ~~~!

[Panel 3]
(Shelf: 危_
ニトログリ)

(Bag: おみやげ)

PRETTY: ホントウよ, 兄さん
あなたも私たちも
異星人につくられた
サイボ-グなの

BRAIN: あなたは
ボンバ-サイボ-グの
いわば試作品...

それゆえに記憶回路に
故障をおこし,そのことを
忘れておられる

PLASMA: 兄さん!!
われわれとともに
創造主のもとに
帰ろう!!

(Captions)
ゴ-レムボンバ-
怪力無双の大男

ブレインボンバ-
リモコン爆弾を
開発した
天才科学者

プリテイ-ボンバ-
5人衆の紅一点
ハ-ト型爆弾
をつかう

プラズマボンバ-
5人衆のリ-ダ-
ボム投げの名手

マグネツトボンバ-
マグネツト
ボムをつかう

[Panel 4]
SFX:へた

.....そ, そんな......

[Panel 5]
イヤだ, オイラは
この地球が
大好きなんだ~!

Background text (ugh sloppy I know)
ムンクの
ロ_び!!
(don't know what that _ character is)

Background text black (couldn't figure out one character)
めよまれちゃ_
けど

Page 3

[Panel 1]
SFX: QWAK!!

PLASMA: 問答無用
ゴメン!!

のひょ~!

[Panel 2]
SFX: ZZZZZ

[Panel 3]
BOMBERMAN: むむむ......こ, ここは?

PRETTY: 兄さんどうなるの
かしら?

[Panel 4]
PLASMA: ウム, われらのボスの所へ
つれていき, 洗脳マインドコントロ-ル......

あとは必要な地球の情報を
彼の記憶から引き出すことに
なるだろうな

[Panel 5]
PRETTY: 地球攻略のために
必要な情報ね!

BOMBERMAN: な, なに!!
地球攻略!?

Page 9

[Panel 1]
BOMBERMAN (thinking): なんてこった!
Jesus Christ!
やつらのねらいは
そこにあったのか!

なんとかしなくては!

[Panel 2]
BOMBERMAN: お~い♥
かわいい妹よ

PRETTY: まあ兄さん
気がついたのね

[Panel 3]

BOMBERMAN: だんだん思い出してきたよ
オイラにものすだ~美人の
妹がいたっていとを

PRETTY: そお♥
よかった

[Panel 4]

BOMBERMAN: なんかこうキョ-レツな
ショックがあると
もっと思い出すと思んだ

そうだ!!
オハヨ-のチュ-を
してくれない?

SFX: くねくね

PRETTY: え~~~!!
いや~ん

MAGNET: スケベな
アニキ...

[Panel 5]

SFX: でへへつ

BOMBERMAN: ホラ, 眼りの森の美女も
チュ-で目ざめるじゃない
キミのような美人のキスなら
オイラの記憶もきっと
目ざめると思うがなア

PRETTY: しょうがないわれえ

[Panel 6]

PRETTY: それじや!
オデコなら
チュ-したげる

SFX: CLICK!

BOMBERMAN: にかつ

[Panel 7]

BOMBERMAN: ワハハハ!!
脱出成功!!

SFX: JUMP!

PRETTY: あ~~~ん! バカ兄貴!!
乙女心をふみにじったわね

Page 10

[Panel 1]
CAPTION: このボンバ-マンが
いるかぎり
地球攻略など
許しはしないぞ!!

SFX: BOMB
BOMB
BOMB!

[Panel 2]

BOMBERMAN: たとえ, おなじボンバ-マン
兄弟といえどもだ!!

どうだ, まいったか弟よ! (note: small text above か弟よ says マグネツトボンバ-)
反省して地球攻略など
あきらめるんだ!

[Panel 3]

MAGNET: く... くそっ
だが, われわれには
あんたにはない
切りフダがある...

SFX: ヨロ!

Page 11

[Panel 1]

MAGNET: 専用の大型
殺人マシンだ!!

行けっ!!
アイアンジ-グ!!

SFX: DOOOOOOM

BOMBERMAN: うひゃ~~~っ!!
そんな!!
ひきょうもの~~~っ!

[Panel 2]

BOMBERMAN: やめろ!!
兄貴にむかって
何をする!!

SFX: BOKO!

MAGNET: やかましい!!
いまさら兄貴風を
ふかすのはよせっ!

SFX: BLAM!

[Panel 3]

BOMBERMAN: よ~し, おまえがその気なら
おまえが天井裏に
エッチな本かくしること
母さんにばらすからな!!

MAGNET: エッ!
...思わず ギクッ

Page 12

[Panel 1]

BOMBERMAN: ......と, そのス キをついて
ドカ-ン!!

SFX: BOOOOMB

MAGNET: うわ~~~っ!!
兄貴のインチキ!!

[Panel 2]

BOMBERMAN: かわいそうだが
やむをえん
これも地球を守る
ため......

TEXT: なんまんだぶ...

FIENDISHBOMBERS: ううっ......
おのれ~~~

[Panel 3]

CAPTION: もはや兄でも
弟でも妹でも
ない!!

倒すわ!!

CAPTION: ボンバ-マン!!
われわれがきさまの
息の根とめてくれるわ!!

On a side note, I find it interesting that the Japanese Wikipedia entry for Super Bomberman 2 actually misspelled the name of Magnet Bomber's "personal jumbo murder machine". It's note "アイアンジーク (Aian Ji-ku)", it's "アイアンジ-グ (Aian Gi-gu)". Which seems to translate as "Iron Gigue".

Ragey wrote:
The Tournament guide has names and artwork for every enemy in the game, and even has some decent artwork of Brain Bomber (the other Dastardly Bombers only have art of their mutated forms), so I'll probably scan through it first.

This would be awesome. :cool: 
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#176  Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
If that's the case, then my guess is that Bomberpeople consider each other "siblings" in spirit. Pretty interesting stuff.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#177  Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
It can be something that someone younger normally a kid can call someone older, likewise for the female version- it doesn't have to mean that they're related in anyway.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#178  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, that would make sense... well, I guess I will try to translate this whole thing, but it will take longer than usual since I'm going to want to get the hang of translating dialouge, so it'll be more accurate.

Also, awesome avatar, Razon.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#179  Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah Zaphe, remember that episode in Jetters when Shirobon insisted to be that elephant charabom's older brother?
It's still extremely disturbing that Japanese flirt by calling each other little sister and big brother, but eh, that's Japan for you.

On a side note...

Quote:
倒すわ!!
(something like "You killed big brother!!"
...Although, Babelfish's translation is pretty hilarious
"Older brother falling down Good Heavens!!")

Pretty:
OH MY GOD! He killed Magnet!

Plasma:
You bastard!

Golem:
Hey! I'm not fat!
Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#180  Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
It doesn't have to specifically mean brother and sister either, it can just be referring to someone older normally used by kids.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Also, awesome avatar, Razon.
Thanks.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 9 of 24 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2821s
Index - Back to Top