[Replies: 20]  [Views: 4814]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, and enjoyable holiday season.

Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:12 am  Reply with quote + 
. . . I got a Devil cake. >.>

Excuse me but I must me alone. . .

. . . Yeah.
View user profile Send Private Message
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:31 am  Reply with quote + 
I got Sonic Unleashed. Fun game, but the wearhog part is already pissing me off at times, still cool though. Especially the opening intro with Sonic kicking ass, man that was something else! :happy: 

My brother got this game called Tales of Vesperia, which is pretty awsome so far. I never really played a Tales game before, so i think this will be a good introduction for me in the series.

Anyways, merry Christmas to all... and to all a good morning!
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Gold The Tales series is amazing! If you have a gamecube or Wii you should also try the symphonia games.

My bro got me the ADV Films rerelease of Macross and I've been enjoying that. Plowed through 21 episodes in 1 sitting. 15 episodes left now. I'm waiting for another good day to finish it. I love Macross/Robotech, it's like my favorite Anime.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Gold The Tales series is amazing! If you have a gamecube or Wii you should also try the symphonia games.

Yea, you can pretty much punch me in the face right now, i deserve it for not playing a tales game in the past. As for Symphonia, i've seen reviews of it, it looks good, i like rpgs, i got a game cube... so why haven't i gotten it your wandering??

Ummm... because, I'm an idiot maybe??

*mumbles* And i call myself an RPG fan... bah!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Amongst other things I got a pair of boots and work gloves. I haven't had boots in forever. I guess now it gives me an excuse to wander off in the snow.... if it snows here again this year.

Also got an external hard drive so if my computer crashes.... again. And my brother got me a plush Black Knight from Monty Python. The limbs rip off! :hilarious: 

So yeah, hope you all had a good Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus. And Happy New Year when it comes! Here's to 2008 though, my favorite year so far.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heh, it didn't snow worth crap here in Memphis this year... meh, I'm used to not having much snow anyway.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey Happy New Year everybody. They all say out with the old, in with the new, but I say hold on to the old and allow it to help you with the new. Anyway, cheers. :peace: 
Razon
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's more like out with the old and in with the new, and you just have the experiences left over from the old that you use to further advance yourself- still getting rid of the old.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's right. Although I still don't like the wording of "out with" or "getting rid of" the old.... at least, not all of it. But you can't get too wrapped up in the past, because if you do that you sort of embed yourself in between existances and become a shell of a person.... But now I'm just getting off topic.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well I say that the past fades away, and what exists is the present and the future. While there still may be some things like monuments that have been around for awhile, people and things die. Old things get replaced with new, it's always a progression forward.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
But forward into what? Time is a human concept. We exist on a single point, not a line. And sure, we are "progressing", if you will, but people are so focused on the future that they fail to utilize the now for what it can be made of and their pointless lives fade off into the past. If you ask me, society is regressing, not progressing. Not that it was ever really good in the first place. People in general hadn't had real ideals in years gone by, I'm sure. Only an image to put themselves in to apparantly define themselves. But even now, ideals as an icon are being thrown out the window entirely. Progression would be actually giving thought to what is important, not ignoring it so that you truly do die out and fade away into the abyss....
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Gold Bomberman wrote:
Heh, it didn't snow worth crap here in Memphis this year... meh, I'm used to not having much snow anyway.

Yeah, there was little snow on the ground when we were in Mountain City and Knoxville, mid December. It was snowing a tiny bit in Boone when we drove through and there was some on the ground at my father-in-law's in MC, but nothing to sneeze at.
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sounds like you all had a fair holiday. I did not get anything from my wife for the holidays as I would not let her spend money on anything. I got her the new book from J.K. Rowling. My brother gave us his old Media Center Edition desktop that we are using for a media system in the dining room, though. That was all the holiday cheer we needed. lol Her mother, aunt, and grandmother gave us monies that we wisely put on bills. A very sensible holiday I'd say.

NYE was insane though. We attended an amazing party in Charlotte to which we returned from after six in the morning. Some people were still there the next afternoon. I enjoyed my 15 days off work with a lot of sleeping, and no progress on any projects whatsoever. :down:  I spent the PC time editing VHS tape rips to make DVDs for my wife's family and my family of old home movies. Hooray for technology.
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Haven't had any games for christmas for years :veryhappy:  , i guess i've grown up. :P

I got mostly cash, witch i have been forbidden from spending on a night out when i get back to uni. :sad:  guess i'll have to get something useful
but nehoo, hope everyone had a better new year than me, the girlfriend drunk far too much rum so the party ended reasonably soon after the clock hit 12 when she was 'ill'.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
I had a decent holiday. Although, if there was one thing I noticed about it, it was that it did not feel like the holiday season. At all. Nothing to be cheery about going around, I suppose.

Anyway, I got some nice stuff for Xmas. Got like three new games. My bro got me Virtual On Marz for the PS2 which is kinda fun, I'm disapointted by a noticeable lack of arcade mode, and the number of "new" Virtualoids is kinda lame (not even kidding on this, there are at least 4 versions of one particular Virtualoid. Four.), and my mom got me Kirby Super Star Ultra for the DS and LittleBigPlanet for the PS3. Both of which have been pretty enjoyful. My girlfriend also got me Glover, which I just can't seem to get into. I like the concept, I just... can't get into it, for lack of better explanation. Also got new clothes, new movies, and nice giftcard money. Can't complain.

My bro and I also had the awesomest lame New Year's Eve. We spent the whole day playing our imported copies of the new Phantasy Star Zero for the DS. Was pretty fun once we got past the language obstacle. :hilarious:  And of course had some Sparkling Apple Cider as we usually do.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heyyy, Glover! That's a good game. Never played another one quite like it.

And yeah, it didn't feel like Christmastime to me, but probably for a totally different reason. Interesting that you had sparkling apple cider, I just had that this year, usually I drink sparkling grape. Don't need to drink to kick off the new year. Not that there's anything wrong with a small glass of wine or something.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, I drank far too much New Year's Eve down in Charlotte. WAY too much. lol The photos I took of friends and strangers were pretty amusing though. Do not drink much, but the past two events down there have been rough on my liver. :laugh: 
Bomberdude

Post#19  Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Apple cider, man. THAT was my New Year. :hilarious: 
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well it's way late, but I've vanished for a while. :/

My holidays were pretty nice. I got Guitar Hero: World Tour for christmas and it's become one of my favorite games. I got to see all my relatives, and it was nice seeing some of them... Others didn't want to leave me alone about my changes in apperance.

Basically I've been kind of busy since then, but enjoying life... I've hardly even been on my skateboard which shows my lack of time for much of anything these days.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1937s
Index - Back to Top