BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Winter Holidays 2008
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 2309]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:21 pm  Reply with quote + 

Stupid weird-ass light sources. Stupid water. Stupid background textures. Stupid background in general. Stupid miscellaneous objects that I had to trace over and still couldn't render correctly. (But Bomberman looks pretty spiffy in his outfit! Too bad you can't really see the embroidery detail I did on the barong at this size.) But happy winter holidays regardless, y'all.

Done from scratch in Photoshop CS2.

Background story behind this picture: I got volunteered by my parents to participate as a reader in our parish's Simbang Gabi celebration this year, and during one practice, when I was bored, I doodled Bomberman-in-a-barong on some white space on the paper that had my reading on it. (Along with Mary!Lilith and Joseph!Rukifellth...)

Wikipedia links about possibly unfamiliar terms:

Simbang Gabi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simbang_Gabi
Barong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barong_Tagalog
Parol (the star decoration that Bomberman's holding): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parol

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's a well detailed drawing, certainly an interesting style. The outfit doesn't look befitting for bomberman though, and bomberman's eyes are supposed to be flat against his face I'm pretty sure- no shadow to them or any different level of depth then the face is. Other then that it's nice, how long did it take you to make it?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't know, if his eyes are closed, the lids/lashes would still stick out.... unless you're talking about robot Bomberman with his face as a monitor, and Hudson has retconned so many times that it's gotten to the point where you just pick and choose what you want to believe because the series doesn't stay consistent.

I really like this, sorry I didn't say anything before. It gives this sort of three-dimensional, almost clay-like effect. Hard to pinpoint exactly what I mean, but I do think that if the creator finds things wrong with their work and the viewers don't (or have minute observations), then any improvement just pushes it past 100%. But then again, I can find something good in almost anything, so don't take my word. Although, to me, art is created in its own perfection, and if the creator had anything he or she wanted done or done differently, that would be the creator's perfection of the creation.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:52 am  Reply with quote + 
@ Razon: The designs for Bomberman Blast, at least appear to have raised eyes. But mostly I decided to go with the 3-D look for the face because I felt it fit better with the piece, which took...crap, I can't remember how long it took at this point. Maybe 6 hours or so?

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:53 am  Reply with quote + 
Wow, I love the detail you put into this one. I could never dream of putting that kind of detail into... well, anything. I think that the lighting on the water in the foreground is prehaps the most impressive part. Well done.

Nice artwork as always. Also, Bomberman's jacket is pretty spiffy looking.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1342s
Index - Back to Top