A game I'm getting for Christmas...
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 976]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yea, I've decided to get the newest sonic game after a long time of despair and hopelessness from the blue blur. Its called Sonic Unleashed, and i've played the demo of it, which was pretty fun by the way. Unlike the past titles, the game play is very smooth, and the graphics are really good. Speaking of its graphics... while most well known games these days are done by the Unreal Engine, like Gears of War and the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII... Sonic Unleashed is done by the Hedgehog Engine. Its made by the same people who made the graphics for the Dragon Ball Z games, and the upcoming Street Fighter IV.

All in all, this game may not be 100% perfect for sonic fans because of some weird choices they made for the other portion of the game, where your not a regular hedgehog at all (I'm looking at you, Wear Hog!) But i'll say this, its definitely a step toward the right direction in the franchise.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Interesting, after playing that failure Sonic Heroes, I haven't touched a single 3D Sonic game since, though I have played Sonic Rush and absolutely loved it. It nice to hear that they've actually made a decent game for once.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I may try it out. I dunno. I have had doubts about Sonic ever since Sonic Zeroes, and those doubts have only gotten stronger since then. I don't trust Sonic one bit and haven't bothered picking up anymore. Shadow the Hedgehog is a insult to everything Sonic stood for. Secret Rings looked like a cleverly designed trap and haven't bothered even trying it. I tried that PS3/360 Sonic for maybe half an hour and I hated it. Then I hear that Unleashed actullay perfected the speed parts, but about 75% of the game consists of the dumb werehog parts (which I've also heard are basically a watered down version of Devil May Cry-like gameplay. I don't want that in a Sonic game. I want my Sonic games to actullay play like Sonic games). Of course, that's just what I've heard and I haven't seen the game in action.

So what I'm basically saying is that Sega has to prove to me that they can make decent Sonic games again before I even try another one and try to get one of their old Sonic fans back. Although, I still haven't tried that Sonic RPG. I've been meaning to at least try it, but otherwise things have been keeping me occupied.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1547s
Index - Back to Top