[Replies: 11]  [Views: 2565]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Howdy,

I said I would scan the manual for you good people to look at, and here it is. It is a pretty short manual once you thin it out by ignoring the Spanish and French duplications included. The story is pretty weak, but some are the artwork is interesting. I had not looked through it as much as I thought when making that first reply mentioning scanning it. It worked out though as I'm using the black bomberman's outline for something I'm working on anyways.

Sorry to disappoint. It still looks amusing on my shelf. The game card is tinier than a DS game, but only barely. I included the cover of the manual, littered with the motley crew of enemies you are to face. Loueys are in the game according to the manual but seem to have gotten the shaft as far as being included in the artwork goes. :sad: 

http://caughtinthecan.wikidot.com/local--files/nokia-ngage/ngagebombermanmanual.pdf

Last edited by DragonBomber on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:58 pm
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wow, nice! Looks good, actually. Of course, I'd play any Bomberman game in the classic style. (Act Zero excluded.... ahahaha! It's like the Fed-Ex game, I say Act Zero and you all lose! :P)

Weak story, like you said, but.... Black Bomberman? Kurobon?! He must have freaking sold his soul to turn into that! :hilarious: 
And lol at Trent.... that guy has died so many times in so many different forms....
Strange that the Egg item is actually in an item box.... Also, interesting concept, that your Louie's abilities are gained by collecting a Louie item....
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thank you! It's awesome to have all the artwork!
...now if only there would be an emulator for this :sad: 

Dark Zaphe wrote:
I say Act Zero and you all lose!

And you don't?

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Black Bomberman? Kurobon?! He must have freaking sold his soul to turn into that! :hilarious: 

LOL!!
I hadn't quite thought of it that way... more like "either Kuro is now controlled by (D)Evil Bomber from BMan GB3 and Hero or it's him/a look alike of him".

Dark Zaphe wrote:
And lol at Trent.... that guy has died so many times in so many different forms....

Being a creature from folklore, he even gets his ass handed to him in Castlevania.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
You are welcome, Duke Serkol. I have the scans of Bomberman Fight and Bomberman Wars to turn into PDF as well. They are much more entertaining visually than this short manual with no real content. :P
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
I saw this game at a game store before and I had a feeling it would be one of my favorites if I could ever play it. Though I don't think I ever will :sad: 
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
I saw this game at a game store before and I had a feeling it would be one of my favorites if I could ever play it. Though I don't think I ever will :sad: 

I imagine you are glad you never paid for an N-Gage to find out, eh? :laugh:  Though, from what I hear there is a lot of emulators you can get running on it, so it would not have been a complete waste of money.
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:50 am  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
I have the scans of Bomberman Fight and Bomberman Wars to turn into PDF as well. They are much more entertaining visually than this short manual with no real content.

That would definitely make my day! :happy: 
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
That would definitely make my day! :happy: 

I will just be glad to see people get use of the scans. I like to collect the scans on the net of manuals I do and do not have, until that awesome day when it's sitting on my shelf. :veryhappy: 

I will try to work on them this week and post a thread when they are live links.
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Wow, nice! Looks good, actually. Of course, I'd play any Bomberman game in the classic style. (Act Zero excluded.... ahahaha! It's like the Fed-Ex game, I say Act Zero and you all lose! :P)

Weak story, like you said, but.... Black Bomberman? Kurobon?! He must have freaking sold his soul to turn into that! :hilarious: 
Strange that the Egg item is actually in an item box.... Also, interesting concept, that your Louie's abilities are gained by collecting a Louie item....

It is strange as you say, Dark Zaphe. Nearly all of the egg icons I can recall off hand were free items taking up space rather than panel icons waiting for you to collect, bomb, or avoid. This is the case with the SFC/SNES, PCE/TG16, Saturn, and Genesis titles anyways off the top of my head. I remember because I made screenshots of them all and the egg was always the thing that I had that would mess us the symmetrical table cell size.

The only possible exception might be the mechanical eggs from SFC Super Bomberman 4, and that could be the way it was edited. I looked that up on my old site...not from memory though I knew it appeared in either 3 or 4. It has the same background color. So, either I edited it to match to cover up something in the background that was not needed, or it had the same backdrop color as some of the icons (a neon green). An edit is possible, but not a straight capture off the first board, the Grass and Block stage, because the nearly neon green grass has these diagonal lines in it of another color. Creature eggs generally take up real space having shadows and depth, while the panels just sort of float there two dimensionally. The mechanical eggs icon is the same size as the others as well, which the regular egg never is.

I did notice that Super Bomberman 4 is also a game where grabbing the Honey icon turns you into her. I almost would like to say I have seen a Louey icon in another game I played, or in one of my strategy guides, but I could be imagining things. :laugh:  Having an actual egg with animated wiggle at times in some games is always fun, because it reenforced the fact that the Louey or Tyra is a living creature and not some prop armored droid carrying you. Although there is always one Louey available that does nothing but take a hit and might as well be a droid.
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I say Act Zero and you all lose!

And you don't?

Not so easily. :P

Duke Serkol wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:

Being a creature from folklore, he even gets his ass handed to him in Castlevania.

I thought they were usually called Tree Ents or something of the like.... anyway, I just remember him being a boss in Quest, World, and even Pocket....

DragonBomber wrote:
The only possible exception might be the mechanical eggs from SFC Super Bomberman 4, and that could be the way it was edited.

Nope, they float free like the regular eggs.... you can only carry mechanical eggs when you're riding a robot and you can only carry animal eggs when you're riding an animal.

And yeah, there was a weird stage in Super Bomberman 4 where you could pick up Honey and Kotetsu items and turn into them, they act like a Louie in that you can't use your powers with them and when you get hit you revert back to your regular character.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, basically Ents is the name Tolkien gave them (which actually is saxon for giant, not giant tree) but when adopted in popular culture they get various names, Treant being the one used in Castlevania (and probably mispelled in Bomberman).
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Somehow I am not getting updates on new posts in threads I was active in. I cannot believe I missed the Ent talk. Big time LOTR fan. :veryhappy: 

I have no yet finished putting those PDFs together. One of my friends had a PC die, so they could not play LOTROnline. Board has oozing capacitors so they had to buy something else. In addition, my brother came down two weekends in a row, the second time bringing me his HP desktop with Windows MCE. I fought with that for a couple days before I gave in and got the restore discs from HP. It had a SATA harddrive I had to wipe from some bad viruses brother had on there. My wife (mostly) and I use it for watching DVDs now that it's freshly wiped, streaming Netflix, and video files in the dining room. I was going to replace my dining room PC with it, but she had a valid point with me having the bedroom PC and 32" monitor. LOL

So, I plan to try to work on the PDFs soon. Will be out of town this weekend though.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1744s
Index - Back to Top