BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Batman with Prep Time, starting to become an annoying meme.
[Replies: 10]  [Views: 3558]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am a humongous Marvel fan, and as such I lurk in comic book forums a lot. The verses side of the place I check out a thread with "Captain America vs Batman (with Prep time)". Considering any vs thread with batman in the title had every mention of "prep time", I figured the vote would be one sided (taking in the factor of popularity).

My issue is the arguments of "Prep Time" seem to be used to make Batman this invincible sentinel of awesome. After so many DC issues featuring batman has him doing the most impossible things (beating 4 white martians!?), a lot of people somehow see him beating god. :oops:  I am not making this up. The problem with these vs threads is that batman is the only person given Prep Time while the opponent is just....well there. The argument is that if he is up against a more (obviously) powerful foe, say blackheart, then it's already a one sided fight given the insane power he has, and it's obvious he doesn't really need "Prep time" to beat Batman. The problem is that this argument is used for every opponent fans put him against. "batman (with Prep time) vs Superman" which you don't even NEED "prep time" because green rocks do fine (unless it's prime) or how about Punisher vs Batman (w/ Prep Time).

I guess what i'm trying to say, is batman is always given this advantage before the battle (while giving the opposition zip) and people bring him up as the winner everytime. Or if he doesn't have this opportunity he will "just find a way to win".

I need to get away from comics sounds like...
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Why would you give batman prep time vs the punisher? The punisher is very simular to batman in story and powers (none). He just doesn't have the trillions to spend on awesome toys.

Verses threads are retarded anyway, just like the vs crossovers are retarded. Maybe more so as there is absolutely nothing to gain from them, where crossovers have theoretical monetary gain.
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#3  Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:01 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Why would you give batman prep time vs the punisher? The punisher is very simular to batman in story and powers (none). He just doesn't have the trillions to spend on awesome toys.

Thats true, though I know a few people would bring up "Martial Arts" as a means to defend bats, considering the quote "127 styles known". Though if anything Frank can just snipe Bruce while he's at a meeting or something.

Quote:
Verses threads are retarded anyway, just like the vs crossovers are retarded. Maybe more so as there is absolutely nothing to gain from them, where crossovers have theoretical monetary gain.

Yeah thats true. The Marvel vs Capcom series proves this ten fold. Thing is a lot of people have these dream matches where their favorites go at it. All in all, thats all they really do. Unless you count those fan voted issues, there's no real winner determined amongst the heroes. Just fans wanking to this. If anything, they're shown to simply be evenly matched and nothing more.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
neofcon wrote:
fireball87 wrote:

Yeah thats true. The Marvel vs Capcom series proves this ten fold.

Wait, Maybe I'm not interpreting your post correctly but... Are you saying that Marvel VS Capcom is a bad game? If so I whole heartedely disagree. It is one of the funnest fighting games I've ever played. The characters are fairly well balanced with maybe a few bad apples who are over-powered but it's mostly balanced so players can enjoy playing it. If a particular character was immensely better then the others because that's what "makes sense" according to theories of who would actually win these fights it would just not make the game fun to play cause people that like weaker characters would never be able to win any matches.

I really enjoyed both games. They both had their ups and downs. The first game had that really cool 2 on 2, 4 player tag battle mode. The 2nd one just had that immense amount of characters. It's pretty cool when you can use Buletta, Trone Bonne, and Cable to massacre a horde of other characters from seemingly random capcom games and marvel stories. (Yes that's my main team i sometimes switch out 1 or 2 of them for a couple other characters i like.)
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#5  Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
neofcon wrote:
fireball87 wrote:

Yeah thats true. The Marvel vs Capcom series proves this ten fold.

Wait, Maybe I'm not interpreting your post correctly but...

Stop...yes you are :oops: 

I'm not saying it's a bad game (well....at least not the first one....that second game can die in a fire). Just agreeing how pointless most crossovers are.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Allright then. Your opinion is what it is, I'm not here to convert you over to it or anything. I just needed to make my voice heard in the game's defense.
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#7  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I meant to say you were interpreting it incorrectly. Little mix up on my part.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, allrighty. Well either way I said what I wanted to say.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:32 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
The punisher is very simular to batman in story and powers (none).
and Batman is a *beep* who doesn't use guns and Frank has killed thousands of people.

The most powerful comic book character is The Flash, he can run fast enough to slow down time and if he runs through you he can seperate your body into its composite atoms or some shit.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bonk wrote:
fireball87 wrote:
The punisher is very simular to batman in story and powers (none).
and Batman is a *beep* who doesn't use guns and Frank has killed thousands of people.

The most powerful comic book character is The Flash, he can run fast enough to slow down time and if he runs through you he can seperate your body into its composite atoms or some shit.

But can he run through... oh lets say, the Martian Man Hunter?? Yea, didn't think so. But really, if some one's going to say who is the most powerful comic book character, then it would have to be the "Liiving Tribunal", the Specter, or the "One above all".

As for Batman vs. The Punisher, well... if you think that he's a "*beep*" for not killing or using guns for that matter, than I could easily argue that the Punisher is one, BECAUSE he uses guns and kills thousands of people.

Lets just face it, Punisher is not a bad ass, and he's definitely not a super hero by any means. Batman fights for his ideals harder than any other super hero,(not killing anyone for instance) but as for the Punisher... well, he gave his ideals up along time ago.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Gold Bomberman wrote:
Bonk wrote:
As for Batman vs. The Punisher, well... if you think that he's a "*beep*" for not killing or using guns for that matter, than I could easily argue that the Punisher is one, BECAUSE he uses guns and kills thousands of people.

Lets just face it, Punisher is not a bad ass, and he's definitely not a super hero by any means. Batman fights for his ideals harder than any other super hero,(not killing anyone for instance) but as for the Punisher... well, he gave his ideals up along time ago.

Um, that is what I was going to say, in a sense.... nice to see other people with a similar mindset in that area.

Anyway, I'm not big on superheroes and comics and all, though it can be enjoyable and I find it interesting. But on this point, it should be made clear that killing people or causing destruction or any related or non-related violent mischief does not automatically make someone or something immediately "awesome." There should be no need for me to expand on this.

Though the Punisher is clearly mad, after all that has happened to him he's bound to be crazy.[/quote]
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2030s
Index - Back to Top