Bomberman on Cellphone
[Replies: 8]  [Views: 2145]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
I thought I'd make a topic about the cell phone games based on Bomberman because... gee, there sure is a lot of them.

I have the original Bomberman, Super Bomberman and Bomberman Supreme, as well as Bomberman Puzzle. But that's only the tip of the iceberg. Here's a list in no particular order. I can provide screenshots for each of them if you'd like:

Bomberman
Bomberman Special
Bomberman Puzzle
Magari-Ku-Neru (the heck?)
Panic Bomber
Super Bomberman
Bomebrman Kart
Panic Bomber Original
Super Bomberman G
Bomberman Soccer
Bomberman Baseball
Bomberman Kart 3D
Bomberman Planet
Bomberman Deluxe
Bomberman Kart SP
Bomberman Land Battles
Bomberman Pinball
3D Bomberman

I've just finished playing through the thirty levels of the first Bomberman and something strange happened: the menu still had the word "Continue". Like any sane player I immediately tried it, but the option disappeared and the title screen's background changed from blue to black. I figured it could be a new mode (like the super mode in Bubble Bobble) but when I started playing I noticed no differences. Odd.
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
A friend of mine had a Bomberman game on his cellphone.
It looked like the first NES one, but with new graphics.
When he completed the game, he good a nice Wallpaper!
Are all these Bomberman games... officially released by Hudson?
View user profile Send Private Message
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I believe they all are released by Hudson. I don't have a phone, but all the ones I looked at are.
View user profile Send Private Message
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
On my old phone, I believe I had one that was just called "Super Bomberman." It was a little difficult (mainly 'cause I hate using the keypad to play it), but it was still a fun game. Maybe it was just my crappy phone, but the multiplayer was REALLY slow. Nonetheless, it was worth the 5$(?).

Too bad I couldn't transfer it over to my new phone... The screen's a LOT bigger. :wink: 
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Wouldn't it just display on part of the screen? Or is it bigger but with the same resolution?
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, it just depends on the kind of phone you use, I think. I remember seeing a video Hudson released on their website a while back, showing how they test their mobile games on like, 150+ different phones, making sure it was a good enough resolution on each of them to play. The game was their phone version of "Bonk," I believe.

But I think the game would still fit the whole screen, and if it's a good phone you have, I'm assuming the resolution will be bumped up with it.
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Just finished Super Bomberman today. No bosses or ending, just as in Bomberman.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's how mine was, too. When you finished Stage 30 (I think that's how many stages were in it), it would just loop back, and say, "Stage 1. Start!"

... I felt kinda jipped. xD
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
@ Axis

It's gypped, and I should know being party Czech Gypsy. ;) Jipped and gyped are both in popular use but really it doesn't match the supposed racial stereotypes the term is trying to evoke. The people you are entertaining with your slurs will at least have no way to attack your grammar. :) Don't feel bad, I educated a teenager here in the South about how some people might take offense to that phrase just the same as he would take offense to the slur most would have thought up looking at him, when I worked at a gas station 3rd shift. There were no rules, only my own amusement and making sure cash was good and the store was clean.

@ NinjaBomber

I have played a handful of those mobile games via emulation and random phones. My wife's old cigarette-burned phone has one still on there but charging the phone for a single game using crappy keypad input is not fun. I can map a joypad to the keyboard buttons for the emulator so it's not as bad somehow.

There are actually even more of those games if you do a deep search on some of the Japanese mobile phone game sites. There's a whole spectrum of quality. There's a genre of mobile games that are horrible quality, nearly monochrome, able to be played on a variety of mobile devices with some sort of subscription deal. One of them had Bomberman playing hackey sack of all things. Weird colors used for sprites at times. There also was one that was nothing but him hitting baseballs. Someone else reading likely recalls the genre/class of phone games I'm speaking of, though my notes are at home/stored away on some external harddrive somewhere.

It totally makes me wish I lived in Japan as there's nothing even half as cool here.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2010s
Index - Back to Top