[Replies: 155]  [Views: 31356]
Users browsing this topic: 3 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 3  
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#81  Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think he made that part of his domain... And everything else, it seems. But my theory is that the last part is based on childhood (maybe not his childhood, but childhood in general, since the place has lots of toys and nice music box music). It's my favorite part, too!

Also, the Bomberman Land 2 opening video states the names as "Shiro Bom" and such, but since I don't really consider this series, I'll just stick with the Japanese original "Shirobon". But both are right, anyway, because "bon" would actually be "bom", which comes from "bomber", but Japanese has no "m", at least not alone. Thus, "Shirobon".

I agree with the theory that Bagular may have upgraded the Heinous Five, but... I think Brain Bomber could do that to himself, y'know?
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#82  Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, Brain Bomber seems like the kind of guy who would experiment on himself to get more powerful, especially since he's so weak in SB2.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#83  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:00 am  Reply with quote + 
Exactly! And I don't think Bagular would upgrade him to be so strong. I mean, he shoots lightning, has jelly bombs, mind control... What else? It is more likely he made that to himself. Oh, btw, do any of you remember what each Heinous Bomber says? I read on some Japanese site that theorized Brain Bomber was the leader for that mission alone, because it was his idea or something. Although I find that somewhat unlikely, I think Plasma Bomber is a worthy leader. But I won't let the fandom control me this time, and plus, both Brain and Plasma are really cool.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#84  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:23 am  Reply with quote + 
What are you talking about, they're all cool. :hilarious: 

Perhaps Brain Bomber led that mission because Plasma Bomber let him? Maybe after they were removed from Bagular, they became less like a group of soldiers and more like a.... group. So in other words, they could decide who leads each mission and do whatever they need to do to succeed.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#85  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:42 am  Reply with quote + 
I like that idea. It would work better, too, since if all of them lead missions none would feel a need to rebel or plan to take over everything, which is perhaps a group's most common mistake, y'know? Now I began to wonder what Bomberman Tournament's original manual says. I wish they explained that more clearly in the game.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#86  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
It's "bon", not "bom", perhaps you've gotten some things jumbled up?

Probably. But where does Terrorin's realm come from?

Shiro already said what I was going to (though I had never thought of the childhood idea)
ShiroboN doesn't really make any sense as a transliteration since the word it shortens is bomber, not boNber...

Shiro wrote:
mind control

Woah... stop right there. I don't believe it is at all implied that Brain Bomber has mind controlling powers. He has brainwashed Max, the same being he is revealed to have "cybered up" from mere human. Odds are this is what allowed him to control him which he would do through some kind of chip or code planted in him after his capture.

Shiro wrote:
I read on some Japanese site that theorized Brain Bomber was the leader for that mission alone, because it was his idea or something

Well, he clearly does have an obsession for that ancient weapon (which we don't get to fight at all, not even in its incomplete form :()
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#87  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, but as I said, Japanese has no "m" alone, not even on the worst circunstances. Translators usually put "bonn", but it is really "bon" and if they meant to put an "m" it would be "bomubaa", trust me. Thus, I prefer "Shirobon", since I think "n" looks better anyway.

In any case, I think the childhood idea is valid, because a theme park with lots of toys has nothing to do with Terrorin, y'know?
Either it's that or he is a pedophile, lol! Aand... Yeah, my mistake on the mind control thing. Sorry!

[EDIT]: You know something that has always bugged me? The reason why Honey and Kotetsu attack you in Super Bomberman 5.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#88  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkoll wrote:
ShiroboN doesn't really make any sense as a transliteration since the word it shortens is bomber, not boNber...

It is Shirobon though. Bomber isn't a Japanese word, I think it's Bonbaa or something similar. Grr! I can't continue this here, I'll have to PM you I guess.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Well, he clearly does have an obsession for that ancient weapon (which we don't get to fight at all, not even in its incomplete form :sad:  )

I thought that was wierd at first too, but then I guessed that Shiro would probably have been annihilated by that huge thing, I mean, look at it! Half of it takes up a whole room, so if it was standing on the ground in front of you, you'd see its legs extending up to a waist and that's all. :surprise: 
Unless Shiro went all King Kong on it, circling around with his Bomber Jet. :hilarious: 

Shiro wrote:
You know something that has always bugged me? The reason why Honey and Kotetsu attack you in Super Bomberman 5.

Never really thought about it, I always assumed it was just another cameo appearance for them. Maybe they were duplicates? Or projections of some sort created by Terrorin? We'll never know the true extent of Terrorin's power, as he clearly died at the end of SB5 and will likely not be revived by anybody. Characters like the FBB, you know they'll be back, and Bagular you can usually see escaping somehow. But Terrorin, yeah, he got his head blown off...

By the way, he has Bagular's square shield as well. And why is he green when he fights you Bomber-style? And.... how can he set bombs? Grr, weird other-dimensional - haha, I don't know if I can say that word here. :oops:  I assume you know what it was by the flow of the sentence though.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#89  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
It is Shirobon though. Bomber isn't a Japanese word, I think it's Bonbaa or something similar.

I suppose you could say it is more coherent to either have all English (WhiteBom) or all Japanese (ShiroBon)... but coherency is for pussies! Now we eats children :cool: 

Dark Zaphe wrote:
I thought that was wierd at first too, but then I guessed that Shiro would probably have been annihilated by that huge thing, I mean, look at it! Half of it takes up a whole room, so if it was standing on the ground in front of you, you'd see its legs extending up to a waist and that's all. :surprise: 
Unless Shiro went all King Kong on it, circling around with his Bomber Jet. :hilarious: 

I dare say that could have been really cool... or he could just fight on an elevated platform (like he does anyway) as in GB3 (or the second phase of the final boss in Megaman Zero3).
The thing couldn't even walk, after all.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
I always assumed it was just another cameo appearance for them.

Me too.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Maybe they were duplicates? Or projections of some sort created by Terrorin?

It should be noted that in one of the battle stages players are able to acquire a camouflage shielding bonus that makes them look as either Honey or Kotetsu.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
And.... how can he set bombs?

Before I knew his name, I always called him "Time Bomber". With all related implications.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#90  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mn... Plot-wise, I don't like the idea that they are mere cameos, but it's-a-game-wise, yeah, both of you are right about Honey and Kotetsu. In regards to the battle stage, it was in Super Bomberman 4, and both Honey and Kotetsu worked as Louies in Stage 10 (which was, if my memory isn't failing me, some kind of "party" stage). I'd need to check the name and I really can't to that right now, sorry. I don't think it is the same on SBM5, though, because you couldn't use their items on that special stage, while in their boss forms, they shoot and cut you. It was a pretty hard boss battle, actually. I had more trouble with them than with Terrorin, and speaking of him... The guy can create an entire dimension. Do you think he would not be able to set bombs? I mean, duh! Hehe, kidding. But yeah, his capabilities seems to extend to unknown frontiers. Fortunately for the Bomber Galaxy, he died. Ha!

AAAnd that kind of battle in the Bomber Jet would be smashing, but it would be nothing like Bomberman, so I guess that's why they didn't put it. On the other hand, it could be inside him or something, I dunno.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#91  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
In regards to the battle stage, it was in Super Bomberman 4

Whoops :oops: 

Shiro wrote:
that kind of battle in the Bomber Jet would be smashing, but it would be nothing like Bomberman, so I guess that's why they didn't put it. On the other hand, it could be inside him or something, I dunno.

Another good concept. Basically anything would be better than "It just stands there until you blow it up".
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#92  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah. On something unrelated to that, I wish they'd stop giving Pretty Bomber bizarre mechas or transformations. I mean, on SBM2 it was a freaking sun-face that gave me nightmares when I was a kid. On SBM3, it was a turtle with a red mohawk (in the original artwork), although water does suit her. On BMT, it was that useless, ugly octopus! Why can't she pilot the doll Plasma Bomber has on SBM3 or something?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#93  Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I suppose you could say it is more coherent to either have all English (WhiteBom) or all Japanese (ShiroBon)... but coherency is for pussies! Now we eats children :cool: 

Lol!

Duke Serkol wrote:
dare say that could have been really cool... or he could just fight on an elevated platform (like he does anyway) as in GB3 (or the second phase of the final boss in Megaman Zero3).
The thing couldn't even walk, after all.

That's true, I guess I was thinking iit had two feet instead of, well, one. :hilarious: 

Duke Serkol wrote:
players are able to acquire a camouflage shielding bonus that makes them look as either Honey or Kotetsu.

Forgot about that, though like Shiro said it was in SB4, but it's still relevant since it serves as another example of Honey/Kotetsu cameo.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Before I knew his name, I always called him "Time Bomber". With all related implications.

Heh, before I knew the names of the FBB, I thought they were Magnet Bomber, Fire Bomber, Heart Bomber, Lightning Bomber and... well, I didn't know what Brain Bomber would be since his symbol is like a crown or something, I'm not sure.

Duke Serkol wrote:
AAAnd that kind of battle in the Bomber Jet would be smashing, but it would be nothing like Bomberman, so I guess that's why they didn't put it. On the other hand, it could be inside him or something, I dunno.

Wulgh! :surprise: 
That would be one weird Bomberman battle! What, would you be running around bombing circuits and stuff while miniature versions of him came out of holes? Wait, wouldn't Brain Bomber be piloting it? Then in the final round he'd fly down and you'd defeat him, escape and it'd explode with him inside it. :wink: 

Shiro wrote:
Fortunately for the Bomber Galaxy, he died. Ha!

Um, lol.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#94  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:37 am  Reply with quote + 
But Honey and Kotetsu appear in the storyline. That stage was made so as, although you couldn't play with them normally, you could in fact play with them, you know? They appear both in the intro and in the ending, too, so I think they can be considered Bomberverse characters (specially after Saturn Bomberman FIGHT!).

I was thinking you'd might face him first from the outside, and it would be a hard battle, and then you would have to enter him so as to destroy the robot from inside, y'know?

[EDIT]: Not related, I just confirmed: "Roo-ey" is a severe mistranslation. It is "Ruui" (ルーイ), or, rather, Louie. So, the Louie enemies ride in SBM5 would be "Waruui" and not "Waroo-ey".

About the Heinous Five, I kinda knew some of the names from the start, somewhat from guessing, but since I am brazilian, I said the names in portuguese. I remember saying Pretty Bomber was pretty, thus calling her "Pretty Bomber", and that "the purple one must be smart". Magnet was the most obvious, and Golem was "huge", but I always missed Plasma Bomber, since I didn't even know what plasma was by that time.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#95  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:59 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, they are canon characters in the Bomberman storyline, but they're still Hudson mascots...

I figured Roo-ey was mistranslated because of the dash in it. Thanks for the translation. But, how does that translate to Louie?
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#96  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:06 am  Reply with quote + 
"Ruui" is a Japanese-accent foreign name, not an actual word, as proven by the fact that is is written in katakana, and names are written in kanji (because they need to have a meaning). The name in question is "Louie", much like "Serkol" would turn into something like "Sarukoru" and "Zaphe" would be "Zaafu". Those names are adapted, apart from accent, because there is no kana to, for instance, "phe", so they need to make some adaptations. It is the same reason as to why "Pretty Bomber" is "Puritiibonbaa", "Plasma Bomber" is "Purazumabonbaa" and so on.

I don't know where the guy got "Roo-ey" from. I can understand the dash, since the extension symbol to double vowels in katakana (ー) looks like one, but... There's no "o" or "e" or "y" in it! Plus, by that time I think there were already official sources citing "Louie".
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#97  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Ah, I understand. I thought you said there was no "m" in Japanese though? I'm referring to the Plasma Bomber translation.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#98  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:55 am  Reply with quote + 
No "m" alone, I meant. When you need to romaji a name that has "m" on it, you can either switch to "n" or put a vowel alongside it. Like, for instance, "Bomber": if they meant to put the "m" it would be "Bomubaa", but that is not coherent with the pronounce. Thus, "bonbaa".

[EDIT]: Hey, could any of you tell me about the Crush Bombers? I couldn't (and probably never will) play the GC games, but got curious about them... I also heard something about the Bomberman from this game being someone from Jetters, although that does not interest me. Eagle Bomber kinda (in a very loose way) looks like Jet Bomber, too... I've read about that somewhere, but I think it's just him. I mean, take Beauty Bomber for instance: she is ugly˛, even though those things she has behind her may be based on Lady Bomber's (at least on the opening for Bomberman Party Edition).

Sorry, sorry!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#99  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
I will never understand Japanese. :stun: 

I've never played the GC games, but yeah, I've heard people say how similar the bad guys are to the Bomber Kings and Great Bomber. You can see the boss battles on YouTube if you search for them. They're not the same characters, though, I'm quite sure. They're probably just recycled, like Altair's ship.

And... ugly squared? Lol!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#100  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I didn't think they were similar, apart of course from Eagle. The Bomber Shitennou is so much cooler, anyway.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 5 of 8 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1912s
Index - Back to Top