[Replies: 155]  [Views: 31045]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 3  
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#141  Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:42 am  Reply with quote + 
found his name in Battle Mode, he's referred to simply as Atomic.
He's a completely different color in the artwork & game opening
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#142  Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Yeah never thought about it, he kinda does look like Ghost.

Oh I certainly did: they even have the same ability: turning themselves invulnerable (but also becoming immobilized) for a few seconds. However, I don't think they are the same... probably it's just Bagular (read Hudson) going lazy when developing Atomic Bomber (not to be confused with the game by the same name).

Dark Zaphe wrote:
I don't have the slightest idea why Bagular would kidnap his own soldier.... plot hole maybe?

Shiro has a giant crush on Pretty Bomber. This was a fact since Bomberman GB2 (try pausing the game while playing story mode), and already hinted at by Super Bomberman 2.
Bagular was simply exploiting this. Whether Pretty was secretly going along with that or genuinely kidnapped (having gone rogue) I would not know for sure; but I'm inclined to think the latter.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#143  Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Shiro has a giant crush on Pretty Bomber. This was a fact since Bomberman GB2 (try pausing the game while playing story mode), and already hinted at by Super Bomberman 2.
Bagular was simply exploiting this. Whether Pretty was secretly going along with that or genuinely kidnapped (having gone rogue) I would not know for sure; but I'm inclined to think the latter.

Yeah I guess so. I still don't know, though, why he'd have to capture her... in other words, why she'd betray Bagular. Maybe the whole team betrayed him when he didn't save them from their explodey fate on the Battleship?
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#144  Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's a definite posibility, but like I said, the whole captive thing could be part of a ruse.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#145  Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 am  Reply with quote + 
The part that I don't get the most, I guess, is that although they seem to have scattered after SB3 (what with Pretty Bomber everywhere and Golem Bomber in that forest), they're back together again in Story, and they have Hige Hige robots, which are Bagular's soldiers....
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#146  Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 am  Reply with quote + 
I may be mistaken about this, but I think it was only Jetters that linked the Hige Hige with Bagular. Of course then Story/Tournament could be said to have done this, since the Hige Hige served under Bagular's (former?) minions, but if you negate that...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#147  Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:48 am  Reply with quote + 
What games did they appear in though? I guess in the Saturn one they were Mujoe's minions. I've never played that game, though, so I don't even know if Mujoe is connected to Bagular or not. Meh, these are the games that I am unfamiliar with.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#148  Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, that's my same problem. I can tell you though that Mujoe and the Hige Hige are not linked to him in Generation and Max 2.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#149  Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Did Jetters come before Saturn, or Saturn before Jetters? I guess it doesn't really matter, it would be interesting to know though. The animation in the Saturn intro cutscene looks very similar to the animation of Jetters.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#150  Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Saturn first, and not by small measure of time. Just consider that the Jetters game was release on GC and PS2, meaning years after Saturn and Dreamcast were long dead.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#151  Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
No, I mean the Jetters cartoon. Or.... wait.... did the Jetters game come before the cartoon? Gah, I guess I just really don't know much about the newer games.

Oh, you already know this, but just to get this out here I'm going to be gone for the next week.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#152  Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 am  Reply with quote + 
No, after it, but not by a long time I think.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#153  Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:

I took that same logic of Shiro's deep crush on her when I designed this fake Sega Master System Bomberman title artwork several years ago. If only I knew then what I know now about graphic editing. LOL I used a wallpaper of the crew racing and her holding a racing baton, in case you're wondering where the green object came from.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3034/2860130662_31c11430d4_o.gif Front
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3158/2860130656_8971bcf0c9_o.gif Back

There was this fake game, import Sega Saturn Bomberman: Beer Fight!,and two different versions of Atari 5200 Bomberman faked. One was Atari release and one was Parker Bros. I was really bored back then. ;)
Board Admin

Post#154  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Did you use to own the Bomberman's Basement website? Because I know I saw that and the Beer Fight one on that website and thought "What the hell?!" By the description on the page I thought somebody had done some kind of weird ass hacks or something of the sort.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#155  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Did you use to own the Bomberman's Basement website? Because I know I saw that and the Beer Fight one on that website and thought "What the hell?!" By the description on the page I thought somebody had done some kind of weird ass hacks or something of the sort.

Yes, I am the moron behind the horribly designed website of that name. I still have it on my host's server who owns Twinbee.com but I've never quite tackled the design issue. I never learned to do proper good looking modern code so I was doing tables in tables and it's always been a mess. Plus I was just learning graphic editing when I started so the quality of images is not so great. My virtual address bomberman.twinbee.com broke somehow and I did not think to ask my host to fix it as I purposely hid the site from people because I was ashamed of how it looked despite the work put into analyzing the roms of games to glean info. Info wise I had stuff other sites had not put up yet, and Wikipedia still does not have listed somehow. It has officially been 2,469 days (6.7 years!) since I updated according to my javascript calculator.

I was a collector of many consoles/pc systems for years and when in Virginia at a big collector's house, he gave me a box of random carts for different systems as I got the idea making fake graphics/labels to put on carts for my own amusement would be a good plan. I have not done this yet due to print quality issues but did edit those several you saw and put them on my site for fun. I actually had a former classmate into believing that I had really been sent the Saturn Beer Fight one by a UK fellow and I didn't think it was real. An april fool's day thing on my livejournal this year.

I'm currently trying to convert my reviews there from twinbee to the wikidot format, where I have an info site to keep alive my desire to post data that feels like my own. Only finished Super Bomberman 1 and 2 so far as my mind wanders and I hate f'ing around in the old code to get my content. Plus I have a ton of projects and my urge to work on bomberman sites always wobbles.
Board Admin

Post#156  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Info wise I had stuff other sites had not put up yet, and Wikipedia still does not have listed somehow.

Yeah, I liked that. I hadn't seen that kind of stuff before. I didn't really think about the site design, it didn't have bright distracting colors and crap so I didn't notice it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 8 of 8 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2229s
Index - Back to Top