Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 3  
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#121  Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
The evidence is Super Bomberman 3 original manual, which I'm currently trying to translate.

Yes, but I mean what evidence have you found within it?

Is the joke supposed to be that Magnet Bomber really is the most dangerous out of them and yet no one seems to realize this as he keeps being put at the bottom of the ladder?
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#122  Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nah. The joke is that he seems like a kid and he always loses first. I'd show you the sprite but I can't seem to find in it the Photobucket...

Anyway, the evidence is a somewhat large text with artworks and descriptions for each of the World Bombers and the battle mode itself.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#123  Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
the evidence is a somewhat large text with artworks and descriptions for each of the World Bombers and the battle mode itself.

But does it call the planet on which their countries are Planet Bomber? Or does it say that this planet is the same in which the other Super Bomberman games take place?
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#124  Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes, that is what I said before. The name is "Planet Bomber", and it is localized on the "Bomber Galaxy". However, its overall geography and country names are Earth's. I don't know if it is the same planet (although it probably is) because I didn't finish the translation yet.

Actually, I don't even know if I'm going to be able to finish it, lol. Be warned that I'm really not sure, ok? ^^'
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#125  Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's confusing... what do you mean you don't know if it's the same planet? The same as in the other game? Or the same from battle mode to wherever in the manual the name Planet Bombet occurs?

Could you post direct quotes?
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#126  Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Not really, no. Sorry, I don't like to post direct quotes from translations I'm not sure are right.

I meant I don't know if it is the same planet from the other games. The manual states that "representing Planet Bomber are the World Bombers, each from a country (...)" or something like that. When I'm in fact sure, I'll post everything here. Until then, we can only theorize. Please, forgive me for that.

It's because my mind works in a strange way: if they are in fact wrong, by theorizing I won't feel guilty, since there'll be only theories. However, by posting something here I'd have backup for my arguments, and if the translation is wrong, let's say I wouldn't feel ok. Again, I'm sorry.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#127  Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:41 am  Reply with quote + 
can't you two just accept that developers changed there minds in-between the games?
it doesn't matter that much
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#128  Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Why try to stop the most active and on topic discussion these forums have seen in a long loonng time. May not be my cup of tea (I never was a huge fan of trying to follow game cannon), but its not like its hurting anything... i'd guess its doing the opposite really.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#129  Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:08 am  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
Not really, no. Sorry, I don't like to post direct quotes from translations I'm not sure are right.

I meant I don't know if it is the same planet from the other games. The manual states that "representing Planet Bomber are the World Bombers, each from a country (...)"

That's good enough a direct quote, thanks (though I'd like to to know what follows immediately the word country).

If you wish to have a more certain translation (or even just a second opinion, which never hurts), you may post the page this is from, indicating (by underlining or whatever) which passage in it is this one. I would then try to get one of my Japanese speaking friends to translate it.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#130  Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:
can't you two just accept that developers changed there minds in-between the games?
it doesn't matter that much

Actually, that is long accepted, since I've already stated that Super Bomberman 5 was retcon on the Planet Bomber matter. We, as fans, are trying to make a canon out of everything, and (at least mine) our objective for now is to know if previous Bomberman games were set on Earth (or, rather, an Earth-like planet) or not.

Aaand... I like the idea, Duke. When I finish it (the specific part, I mean), I'll send it to you, ok? Since you and Zaphe are good friends, I don't think he'll mind, anyway. I didn't have the time to translate what comes after "country" (test week, studied hard as hell to score ten in everything, and to be true I'm not sure if it says that, since I translated word by word rather than the entire phrase), but I'll take a look at it right now. Thankfully, or not, all the kanji have furigana over it! If I feel I won't be able to do it, I might as well send everything to you.

[EDIT]: It was a very nice morning, indeed! I translated (loosely and word-based, not phrase-based, be warned) Pretty Bomber's text in the World Bombers section. It seems she is there to ambush Bomberman, and was sent because of her "charm" (or beauty). She is described as wise and cunning, as well as the "lone woman" (bright flower) of the Heinous Five and as "calculating", planning herself an attack on "our protagonist". It is also said she is "unique", although I don't know if that is related to the Heinous Five or if its said on the way as "unique woman". I also couldn't translate a tiny tidbit that may be a country name, possibly "France", since the dictionary states the last part is "Redon (France)". Redon is a town and commune in Brittany, France. It is a sous-préfecture of the Ille-et-Vilaine département. Even better, it states it as "something forgotten", meaning she could've lost her memory! I'll look at it later on, but this means she could indeed be French, since even the city and a fraction of her past are stated! Cheers for that, hehe!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#131  Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
I like the idea, Duke. When I finish it (the specific part, I mean), I'll send it to you, ok? Since you and Zaphe are good friends, I don't think he'll mind, anyway.

You could just give me the pic with the part you already translated underlined, I would have it (and what follows) translated (I would not gie your translation to my own translator, in order not to influence them, so if there are no discrepancies we can be positive that you guys got it right).
Zaphe actually offered to give me the scan, but now he's going to be away for a week...

Shiro wrote:
I didn't have the time to translate what comes after "country"

Ah ok, I thought you had cut it there because you didn't feel confident in the rest (since you did say you wouldn't post a translation you were not sure about).

Shiro wrote:
Even better, it states it as "something forgotten", meaning she could've lost her memory!

Wow, that certainly has my interest piqued :star: 
Because of the little bit you couldn't translate, I'd add this page to the "scans to send Serkol" list :wink: 
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#132  Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
If you take only the words, the translation is surely right. However, some words have a different meaning that most dictionaries don't take into account when together, so that's why I'm not entirely sure. Plus, I just realized my Japanese sucks, really. Oh, well. Since Zaphe offered you the scans, I might as well send them all via PM right now, lol. But yeah, I liked from the start the idea that Pretty Bomber as a French turned into a cybernetic-villainess! I actually fear the idea that I got something wrong, though... I hope I did not.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#133  Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks! I'll try to have my firend take a look at them asap.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#134  Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay, sorry for the double post, but I've got Pretty Bomber's profile translated:

Quote:
Cunningly skilled which doesn't fit her cute face, she specializes in calculating attacks like the
preparation of ambush attacks etc.
Seducing the opponent with her charm, she's the "hen of the roost" of the World Bombers.

Nothing concerning France or memories.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#135  Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Waitwaitwait... I'm pretty sure "して" means protagonist, so the word has to be included somewhere. It seems I was wrong about the memories, though. Damn! I couldn't translate the other kanas (that is, the tiny tidbit), only "わす", the first part of "わすれもの", which means "lost article, something forgotten". Since the other kana apparently had no meaning, I figured it was just another way of writing them or something. In regards to France not being in it... Yeah, it seems it was another mistranslation of my part. But see, "ルドン" means "Redon" while "ルド" means "rudo" (from "warudo"). I did not take in account "ワールド", which is "world", seeing that, of all possible coincidences due to kana combinations, that would be the one most highly unlikely, right? But yeah, here goes my lead... Oh, well. Ugh, my Japanese sucks.

I'm still trying to find the other page, by the way. It's because I typed everything beforehand and went erasing after I translated, hehe...
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#136  Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
I'm pretty sure "して" means protagonist, so the word has to be included somewhere.

Dunno about that... I could ask specifically if you want.

Shiro wrote:
I'm still trying to find the other page, by the way. It's because I typed everything beforehand and went erasing after I translated, hehe...

Ok, I'll be waiting :happy: 
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#137  Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Posting quick because I gotta go: there has been a problem here, and I'm not going to enter the forum for a while until it is resolved. Thanks.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#138  Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm back, and better than ever! Well, maybe.

It seems that Pretty Bomber's bio says nothing we didn't know before.... oh well, better luck next time I guess. I'd still like to know what the mangas say though.

I don't know what happened over there, Shiro, but I hope it gets sorted out right.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#139  Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Played though a bit of neo-bomberman today, im not sure when this game was out (admittadly its on the title screen but im too lazy to boot up MacMAME) and a few things came to my attention

Firstly, this fella

The red upon purple, in the story-line screens this character is shown in more detail as an electric harnessing bomberman under command from Bagular. mutch from this game screen, it looks like Ghost, with silly new eyes. Think its him resurrected?

Secondly, i got to stage 5 before turning it off to do something else but the story screens were plonking along the story-line that S and K were recurring pretty bomber from Bagular.

presumably she turned good, possibly because she was abandoned after baggy made Ghost and the 4 bomber kings, i duno, ur guys thoughts?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#140  Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah never thought about it, he kinda does look like Ghost. Anyway, it's been forever since I had MAME and played that game. Well, that's a little lie, I did download it for a day to take some screenshots of one of the characters' dashing sprites to study them.... but Serkol remembered that, so I can barely remember anything about the game. Except the sprites were like upgraded SB1-2 and the voices sounded like they were in an echoey room.

Anyway, yeah, we were talking about the ending for this game in which you rescue Pretty Bomber and she throws a bomb and Shiro and Kuro before escaping. I don't have the slightest idea why Bagular would kidnap his own soldier.... plot hole maybe?

As for that villain, I don't remember what his name was but I'm sure I've heard it before.

They had some weird battle mode characters, I remember a Rubber Bomber or something. Good game, though.

EDIT:

http://caesar.logiqx.com/images/flyers/neobombe.png

Seems to be box art, anyway, there's that bad guy great big in the middle, when I first played the game years ago I made more of a connection with Plasma Bomber but I guess the whole floating with arms crossed and those similar eyes was what made me think that. I don't really think he's anybody else, I think he's just an evil Bomber made/recruited by Bagular in this game. As you can see the details on his helmet are all over the place.

There's that weird blue Rubber Bomber in the background there....
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 7 of 8 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1863s
Index - Back to Top