Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 3  
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#101  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Heh, before I knew the names of the FBB, I thought they were Magnet Bomber, Fire Bomber, Heart Bomber, Lightning Bomber and... well, I didn't know what Brain Bomber would be

Loser Bomber?
Teh Fail Bomber?

I still think of Golem Bomber as Fire Bomber, btw (it's imprinted in my brain).

Dark Zaphe wrote:
That would be one weird Bomberman battle! What, would you be running around bombing circuits and stuff while miniature versions of him came out of holes? Wait, wouldn't Brain Bomber be piloting it? Then in the final round he'd fly down and you'd defeat him, escape and it'd explode with him inside it. :wink: 

That's all very Spaceball like. I can't imagine how the player would get in since that thing had no mouth... but what I dread is what way one would exit it.
At any rate, I figure I'd mention I did sorta get my wish with Bomberman DS since the last boss resembles that giant robot (and it too appears incomplete)

Shiro wrote:
I think they can be considered Bomberverse characters

Sure... but that particular appearence of them may be a simple cameo, without further significance.

Shiro wrote:
Hey, could any of you tell me about the Crush Bombers?

What would you like to know?

Shiro wrote:
I also heard something about the Bomberman from this game being someone from Jetters

That is false. I don't think the anime was even made when this game came out.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
yeah, I've heard people say how similar the bad guys are to the Bomber Kings and Great Bomber. You can see the boss battles on YouTube if you search for them. They're not the same characters, though, I'm quite sure.

And how can you be so sure? Isn't it possible that they were revived without their memories and upgraded?
Megaton Bomber has a hammer, Beauty Bomber fights with lasers mounted on her back, Eagle Bomber jets through the air with wings and Assault Bomber has more ammunitions than God (or Bazooka Bomber...).
The fifth Bomber Elite, just as in SBMan4, stands out from the rest by having the name routine inverted (first Bomber than adjective). He teleports around a lot and can create illusionary clones of himself (why does everybody think Elite is a she, btw??)
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#102  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Because his voice is quite feminine, although I see it as a younger, and not girlish, voice. Actually... It sounds like Mithos' (from ToS) voice.

I still think they're all ugly. But anyway, design-wise, it may be a homage or perhaps, once again, a lack of ideas by Hudson. Plus, the Crush Bombers seem to have human faces (not in the literal way), something none of the original Shitennou had... Well, except for Great Bomber and his frog-face, but I don't think that counts, lol! And... I wanna know their backstories, mainly.

[EDIT]: I just noticed... On SBM3's battle mode, Kenya is said to be where Brazil actually is. Although it is on a similar area of Africa, that kinda hurt me. Mexican Bomber (who also has a belt with "USA" written on it on the official artwork) should also be Jamaican Bomber, judging by his overall style, but I guess that isn't entirely wrong. The original artwork for Bomber the Kid (and Punk Bomber) also depicts "UK" on his belt.

Silly developers that didn't study! Shame on you! Shame, I say!

Oh, and... The sentai-line of the Heinous Five is "FUSION!" (sounding more like a "foison", but whatever). I managed to get the track.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#103  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I still think of Golem Bomber as Fire Bomber, btw (it's imprinted in my brain).

Heh, kind of like Five Bad Bombers is stuck with me.

Duke Serkol wrote:
I can't imagine how the player would get in since that thing had no mouth... but what I dread is what way one would exit it.

In through the unfinished foot, out through the.... robot colon. >_>

It's possible that the Crush Bombers are the Shitennou, but I hope not since those Crush Bombers are kinda weird.

Shiro wrote:
Well, except for Great Bomber and his frog-face

What is up with you and that frog-face? :hilarious: 
He doesn't have a frog face at all!

Shiro wrote:
I just noticed... On SBM3's battle mode, Kenya is said to be where Brazil actually is. Although it is on a similar area of Africa, that kinda hurt me. Mexican Bomber (who also has a belt with "USA" written on it on the official artwork) should also be Jamaican Bomber, judging by his overall style, but I guess that isn't entirely wrong. The original artwork for Bomber the Kid (and Punk Bomber) also depicts "UK" on his belt.

I never noticed that about the belts before. O_o
Or Brazil, the only thing that really caught my attention in the world map was Shiro being from Japan and Pretty Bomber being from France.
And yeah, Mexican Bomber looks pretty Jamaican. I wondered about Punk Bomber for a long time until it finally hit me - punk rock! Duh! Creepy blue face though....

What's up with Pretty Bomber looking more Bomberman-ish in the Battle Mode, anyway? She is completely different from the Story Mode equivilant, that was always kinda weird to me too.... in fact, the Five Bad Bombers are drawn in such a way so that it would seem awkward to animate them walking. It's hard to explain, but... yeah. Maybe that's why they changed her sprites.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#104  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes, her overall spriting style is different because it had to match Battle Mode's, but it is the same character, and the manual confirms that. However, I have not been able to translate the full text, since it is very big and has many talk-expressions. My research so far tells me that, although called "Planet Bomber", the planet Bomberman comes from is indeed Earth. Of course, that was later retconned. I will do my best to keep on translating, though. Aaaand, I always thought of her as French, since she has brown hair, brown eyes and a handkerchief, which composes a somewhat stereotypical French over here, although I'm not sure about it in other countries.

About Great Bomber.. He has two big, yellow eyes that are nothing like human ones! It's weird, he's froggy, haha! He does not look like a frog on his art, but the pixel art of his face in Battle Mode really looks like one to me. In any case, I hope the Crush Bombers are not the Shitennou. Really! But I think they are not, because I saw somewhere that the Hige Hige Bandits allied themselves with Bomberman's rivals, the Crush Bombers. The Four Bomber Devas and the Great Bomber were created by Bagular, and (forgive me if I am wrong, I do not know much of the HHB) if Bagular is their leader... Well, why he would need to be allied with his own creations when they have Bagular chips that forbides them from rebelling? I'd need the full manuals (both from SBM4, which is more important, and from BMG) to know the whole story, though, because if the Crush Bombers are his creations, he could simply have based their weapon design on the Shitennou.

Also, somewhere in this thread Duke mentioned that the SBM3 manual called the planets depicted in SMB3 "stars". Well, that is the correct translation, and they may be "stars with life on it", lol. Pretty Bomber's stage, for instance, is called "Bukubuku Sutaa" (ブクブクスター), although I have no idea what "Bukubuku" could mean in this case. It is "loose-fitting" or "baggy (clothing)", but... On the European translation (which is usually fidel to the original, for Bomberman at least) it is called "Deep Sea", but if it was that, it would be called "Enkai", "Shinkai" or "Enyou". I can only suppose that it is a pun of some kind, maybe on the sound made by the sea. Dunno.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#105  Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
About Great Bomber.. He has two big, yellow eyes that are nothing like human ones! It's weird, he's froggy, haha! He does not look like a frog on his art, but the pixel art of his face in Battle Mode really looks like one to me.

He's got the same eyes that Magnet Bomber and the Four Bomber Kings have. '>_>

I don't know anything about the Crush Bombers than what I know from the boss battles I've watched.

Shiro wrote:
Pretty Bomber's stage, for instance, is called "Bukubuku Sutaa" (ブクブクスター), although I have no idea what "Bukubuku" could mean in this case. It is "loose-fitting" or "baggy (clothing)", but... On the European translation (which is usually fidel to the original, for Bomberman at least) it is called "Deep Sea", but if it was that, it would be called "Enkai", "Shinkai" or "Enyou". I can only suppose that it is a pun of some kind, maybe on the sound made by the sea. Dunno.

Maybe baggy means wavy or something similar in this case?

EDIT: Awesome new signature, eh? You know it is! It is wondrous! Muahahahahaaa!
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#106  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 am  Reply with quote + 
No wai, Magnet Bomber's are way smaller. His is on the top, and they're different than all Shitennou.

But anyway, that's just me messing with him, lol! I don't really think he looks like a frog, but I DO think on this specific pixel art he is kinda weird, y'know? Specially when zoomed by the emulator: he can get real creepy.

And, hm... I dunno. All dictionaries state that it is only for clothing, but it can be the Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound that the turtle makes, much like "woof" is "wan" over there (and the dog bomber in SBM5 is called "Bonbaawan" rather than "Bomber Woof", this last one sounding somewhat stupid imo). Aaaand... Indeed it is, although Magnet Bomber seems like he is going to jump over Plasma Bomber to play wrestle or something, lol! Or maybe to kill'im, who knows?

[EDIT]: Bomberman Tournament soundtrack, here.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#107  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:05 am  Reply with quote + 
..........His eyes aren't on top, they're regular! He has the same eyes as the rest of them. :hilarious:  His head is tilted down in an evil manner in that picture.

Shiro wrote:
but it can be the Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound that the turtle makes

Then that's the only thing that makes sense.... wait, what sound does a turtle make?! :stun: 

Shiro wrote:
Aaaand... Indeed it is, although Magnet Bomber seems like he is going to jump over Plasma Bomber to play wrestle or something, lol! Or maybe to kill'im, who knows?

Well you did say that Magnet Bomber seems kind of childish. :hilarious: 

Shiro wrote:
Bomberman Tournament soundtrack, here.

That's interesting, where did you find that?
The website's frickin annoying, though. :hilarious: 
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#108  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:04 am  Reply with quote + 
Absolutely annoying. I found it on Galbadia Hotel's forum, alongside The Second Attack! soundtrack which I was looking for a while. GH has also a Bomberman Remix Album, too (although it sucks completely in all means and ways possible to a remix). And now you got me. I have no idea to what sound a turtle makes, lol.

It's imprinted on my brain that he is childish, lol! Used it in some fanfics, too... Although he probably isn't, he looks like it to me, hehe.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#109  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:39 am  Reply with quote + 
I found this on this forum:

Kuttlas wrote:
Soundtracks to most of the Bomberman games ever made, ripped by Dubble from Gamingforce:

http://nintendud.net/dubble/1s-sbsbf.rar Saturn Bombermans
http://nintendud.net/dubble/1r-bpbbds.rar Panic Bomber, B-Daman
http://nintendud.net/dubble/1q-bpsx.rar PSX Games
http://nintendud.net/dubble/1h-bgb.rar GB Games
http://nintendud.net/dubble/1g-bc.rar Most of the main series
http://nintendud.net/dubble/1i-bgba.rar GBA Series

They are kinda huge though, but still.

I noticed something the other day - apparantly, in Bomberman World, Bagular appeared from "another point in the space-time continuum", but this is according to Wikipedia so this is unverified. You know, in Super Bomberman 4 he just kind of fell into the time warp, which took Shiro back to the present again. Maybe he got warped through time or something? But then, why is he still a brain in Bomberman Hero? Maybe falling into that time warp distorted something and created a duplicate of him? Probably not, that's too complicated for a Bomberman story.

And why is Terrorin green when you fight him on the ground?! Nobody acknowledged this question before! :hilarious: 
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#110  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
WOW, NICE! Downloading them all right now!

And... I never even noticed that (about Terrorin), lol! I'll check later.

About Bagular... I think your theory is possible. I mean, there has been lots of complicated things before. But I think it's more likely he (once again) restored his body and then it got destroyed (once again), etc. Perhaps Bagular has a thousand bodies to his disposition after he had to be ressurected in Hero? Lol!

Last edited by herrDoktorat on Thu May 29, 2008 1:11 pm
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#111  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, but in Hero it seems like such a difficult feat to rebuild his body! And then he ends up looking like Darth Vader, lol.

Maybe he was still mostly organic before, but when he got blown to smithereens it was more difficult to build a completely robotic body? Dunno.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#112  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
It seems he is the Final Boss for Saturn Bomberman FIGHT!, too.

Thousand-Bodies Bagular no Hakase! Or perhaps Darth Bagular? Bagular Skywalker!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#113  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
Silly developers that didn't study! Shame on you! Shame, I say!

Tell me about it, for the longest time after playing Terranigma I was persuaded that Bloody Mary was the queen of Spain (yes, Spain) that had sent Columbus in his journey across the ocean... (although I think they deliberately took that liberty to make the plot smoother. Still pisses me off though)

Dark Zaphe wrote:
What's up with Pretty Bomber looking more Bomberman-ish in the Battle Mode, anyway? She is completely different from the Story Mode equivilant, that was always kinda weird to me too.... in fact, the Five Bad Bombers are drawn in such a way so that it would seem awkward to animate them walking. It's hard to explain, but... yeah. Maybe that's why they changed her sprites.

In actuality I'm pretty sure Hudson was just lazy and chose to edit the Girl Bomber sprite from 94. But I agree, they look stiff.

Shiro wrote:
My research so far tells me that, although called "Planet Bomber", the planet Bomberman comes from is indeed Earth.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Shiro wrote:
if the Crush Bombers are his creations, he could simply have based their weapon design on the Shitennou.

That's an interesting idea.

Shiro wrote:
Duke mentioned that the SBM3 manual called the planets depicted in SMB3 "stars".

Pretty sure I was talking about Bomberman Hero actually... but for all I know, BMan Hero may simply be rehiterating it.

Shiro wrote:
Specially when zoomed by the emulator: he can get real creepy.

But can he eat children?

Shiro wrote:
Indeed it is, although Magnet Bomber seems like he is going to jump over Plasma Bomber to play wrestle or something, lol! Or maybe to kill'im, who knows?

Seconded on both awesomeness and Magnet-Plasma humping.
I assume from Plasma's color that this is a SBMan3 artwork.

Shiro wrote:
Bomberman Tournament soundtrack, here.

Neato! :veryhappy: 

Dark Zaphe wrote:
apparantly, in Bomberman World, Bagular appeared from "another point in the space-time continuum", but this is according to Wikipedia so this is unverified. You know, in Super Bomberman 4 he just kind of fell into the time warp, which took Shiro back to the present again.

If only we knew what was said in the voice acting heard in the intro for the Japanese version...

Dark Zaphe wrote:
And why is Terrorin green when you fight him on the ground?! Nobody acknowledged this question

That's 'cuz we dunno.

Shiro wrote:
It seems he is the Final Boss for Saturn Bomberman FIGHT!, too.

Oh boy...
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#114  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't really know what an oxymoron is, but... It is Earth, with both name and galaxy changed (that is, to Planet Bomber and Bomber Galaxy), it seems. But in terms of countries and geography, it is mostly the same. I think, haven't really finished translating that. Those bombers are surely egocentrical, uh? We should rename Milky Way to Human Way and Earth to Human Planet. But anyway, if you can get me a video that has the speech in Japanese on Bomberman World intro, I can translate it. I'm much better at listening than reading, too. Also, on the SBM3 world map, England is over Sweden and France is over Middle East, although I'm pretty sure that is due to lack of space. Or not...
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#115  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Shiro wrote:
It is Earth, with both name and galaxy changed (that is, to Planet Bomber and Bomber Galaxy), it seems. But in terms of countries and geography, it is mostly the same.

What evidence brought you to this conclusion?

Shiro wrote:
if you can get me a video that has the speech in Japanese on Bomberman World intro, I can translate it. I'm much better at listening than reading, too.

I can try :happy: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#116  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Tell me about it, for the longest time after playing Terranigma I was persuaded that Bloody Mary was the queen of Spain (yes, Spain) that had sent Columbus in his journey across the ocean... (although I think they deliberately took that liberty to make the plot smoother. Still pisses me off though)

LOL! Never played that game.

Duke Serkol wrote:
In actuality I'm pretty sure Hudson was just lazy and chose to edit the Girl Bomber sprite from 94. But I agree, they look stiff.

Possibly.

Shiro wrote:
My research so far tells me that, although called "Planet Bomber", the planet Bomberman comes from is indeed Earth.

"Isn't that an oxymoron?"

Duke Serkol wrote:
Shiro wrote:
if the Crush Bombers are his creations, he could simply have based their weapon design on the Shitennou.

That's an interesting idea.

Seconded.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Shiro wrote:
Specially when zoomed by the emulator: he can get real creepy.

But can he eat children?

No one can eat children as best as I can! :hilarious: 

Duke Serkol wrote:
Seconded on both awesomeness and Magnet-Plasma humping.
I assume from Plasma's color that this is a SBMan3 artwork.

M....maybe he's just going to glomp him! :stun:  Wulgh!
Yeah, they're from the SB3 manual.

EDIT: Now that I think about it.... my signature kind of looks like a promotional picture for some kind of TV show, maybe a sitcom, you know, with the main character in the front with his arms crossed and all the "friends" or whatever behind him? :hilarious: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#117  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Now that I think about it.... my signature kind of looks like a promotional picture for some kind of TV show, maybe a sitcom, you know, with the main character in the front with his arms crossed and all the "friends" or whatever behind him?

Everybody Loves Plasma

I guess Brain is the scheming friend that comes close to being the series' villain.
...or is that White Bomber?
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#118  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
The evidence is Super Bomberman 3 original manual, which I'm currently trying to translate. Since most I know was learnt without help from teachers and such, it makes everything way hard, y'know? Right now, I'm doing Pretty Bomber's text in the World Bombers' section... It has lots of kana and kanji alongside, and since I have to type everything beforehand, which is annoying because I do not know half of the symbols written there, it is a difficult job.

And... Hahaha. I'm still positive that Magnet Bomber is about to wrestle with him, though!

Magnet Bomber: This time I get you, Plasma!
Plasma Bomber: I might advise you that I eat children. Don't act like one or I might eat you.
Magnet Bomber: SCAAAARY! Uncle Goleeeem...!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#119  Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
LOL, you guys are too much. :hilarious: 

Yeah, Brain Bomber seems like the guy who comes up with all the stupid plans and stuff that gets everyone into trouble, Shiro would probably be the side character that all the main characters hate (beings that they're enemies).

And there would be the occasional running gag reference to Plasma Bomber eating children.... Funny how a gag developed from one little sprite so easily.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#120  Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:54 am  Reply with quote + 
Golem Bomber: So, tell me what happened, kiddo...

Golem lifts Magnet to his lap.

Magnet Bomber: H... He said he would eat me! With those big, scary eyes...
Golem Bomber: Plasma! How many times do I have to tell you: you can't eat Magnet!
Plasma Bomber: Why not? I'm the leader, he's a kid. Period.
Golem Bomber: It was your idea to hire him in the first place.
Plasma Bomber: Yeah, so I could have a midnight snack, y'know?
Brain Bomber: You're just saying that because he's utterly useless and it's all your fault.
Magnet Bomber: Hey! I'm not useless! I almost defeated Bomberman, ok?
Everyone: Yeah, right.

Meanwhile, Pretty Bomber is reading a book. She looks at the screen.

Pretty Bomber: Men. I'll never understand them.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 6 of 8 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2507s
Index - Back to Top