New Bomberman title heading for the Wii
[Replies: 21]  [Views: 5124]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:00 am  Reply with quote + 
And no, I don't mean another mini-game collection like all the Land games we've been seeing. No, this one seems to be more of a traditional top-down styled game, and will be made available through the Wii's upcoming WiiWare service. The article can be found here:

http://kotaku.com/367253/new-bomberman-game-headed-for-wii

Maybe this game will have Wi-Fi? Wi-Fi people will actually play??
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:31 am  Reply with quote + 
I still haven't played the latest Bomberman Land games, mostly because I'm poor and can't get them yet. (Also, saving up to import Bomberman Story DS from the UK...)

There's supposed to be another Bomberman Wii game in the works that's not the WiiWare one, but there's, like, no info on it except for the fact that the game is planned for production.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wow, if it gets better than de XB Live one, it will kick butts and I will play it a lot.
But for being better it must have an online mode.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Aha! I don't have a Wii, and won't be getting one anytime soon, but it's good to see Bomberman back to normal, or what appears to be.

It looks like it's eight players.... and in the top right screen you can see different characters.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
This has been confirmed for Japan since the end of last year, but there wasn't a lot of talk about it until recently I guess.

Probably due to the fact that Hudson hadn't given us even one screenshot.

Anyway, I would like it if we knew if the game was coming to the states or not. Apparently the Wii Shop has some thing on it where you can't trick your system by changing the language, so if it doesn't come here, then I can't just do that to get it. So it had better come here.
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#6  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:50 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm going to assume it's a Wii Ware game judging from the screenshots I've seen. Online play? Awesome. Purely awesome. Sure, we've had online in other Bomberman games, but it's cool nonetheless! =)
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I studied the image, and now I'm willing to bet that it will have wifi.

To see the first one, you may have to magnify the image, but for the other one "wifi" can be clearly read.
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#8  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
According to this one site, I found out this isn't the Wii Ware one. Arg. Or maybe that's good? 2 Bomberman games! =P With any luck, we'll be able to get at least one of them, right? Well hopefully. >.>
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well what "site" is it? Everything they have to say about Bomberman has been way off.
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#10  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
That would be this: http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/2008/03/bomberman_wii_first_screens

It was originally a sort of speculation thing but then they updated it with info that it wasn't a Wii Ware game. Oh and DKD, that was a different site that said the '94 thing.
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Rox, there bosses in it!
And Miis!
And the Guardian Armor?
Maybe a co-op story mode!
Look at the scan! You will find this elements!
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
*attempts to read the Japanese* The most I can make out is that for story mode, you have to clear a total of five areas and 39 stages.

Doesn't look like an action/adventure platformer, though, which disappoints me. Oh, well, I'm a Bomberh0r, so of course I'll be following this.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh yeah, me too.

Every time a Bomberman game has online play and it's anywhere within my reach, I'm on it for hours and hours and always wanting to play. Maybe when this comes out we can have BombermanBoard tournaments (assuming that places aside from Japan gets it)

EDIT:

Here's the latest info on the game!

http://thewiire.com/news/1217/1/New_Bomberman_Revealed_for_Japan
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:05 am  Reply with quote + 
We'll see how the online play is.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have high hopes for it, but yeah, we will see.

The only thing I have to complain about so far is the Miis in the game. I have always hated Mii's and nobody will ever be able to force me to actually like them.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:52 am  Reply with quote + 
*uses the forces* You'll like them and yer gonna like it!
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Never!

Miis are bad!
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've never had anything against the Miis... Though, I DO think placing them on the "necks" of Bombermen in this game is a bit weird. O_o
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:08 am  Reply with quote + 
I just never did like miis because from my point of view, they are a little bit stupid. Of all characters, and ways to make a virtual you, miis don't do a good job for the most part.

Plus, the fact that they appear in several of the games (aside from ones they have a reason to like wii sports) ruins things. This upcoming Bomberman game is an example. Putting Mii heads on a Bomberman looks rather....unusual and stupid. Miis ruined to a certain extent some of the possible quality to this game, and they have done the same in others. Miis don't need to appear in as many things as they do. Yet, they appear in almost every single game, and that kind of ruins most of the fun on the wii. Even in Galaxy, you can have a mii head set as your planet (save file).

I really don't like the miis in general because I think they look rather stupid, and they just ruin the overall quality of otherwise great games.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:05 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
I just never did like miis because from my point of view, they are a little bit stupid. Of all characters, and ways to make a virtual you, miis don't do a good job for the most part.

Plus, the fact that they appear in several of the games (aside from ones they have a reason to like wii sports) ruins things. This upcoming Bomberman game is an example. Putting Mii heads on a Bomberman looks rather....unusual and stupid. Miis ruined to a certain extent some of the possible quality to this game, and they have done the same in others. Miis don't need to appear in as many things as they do. Yet, they appear in almost every single game, and that kind of ruins most of the fun on the wii. Even in Galaxy, you can have a mii head set as your planet (save file).

I really don't like the miis in general because I think they look rather stupid, and they just ruin the overall quality of otherwise great games.

If you let the choice of a mii as an avatar (you'll find out you can in brawl) or a save file marker ruin your fun you've got some issues. From what I've noticed miis are uncommon in games if anything, as I have trouble thinking of many games that used them at all in the gameplay... not that that bothers me.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1606s
Index - Back to Top