[Replies: 18]  [Views: 4170]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
How late do you normally stay up?

For me, I go to bed at 9:30 on school nights. Parents decided that. Still, I'm always exhausted during the week, so I don't complain. After all, I need some time to catch up on sleep, and I certainly do NOT get that on the weekends.

On weekends, I go to bed pretty much whenever I feel like it. Normally, I try to go to bed by 2:00 A.M. unless there is no school the next week. If there is no school anytime soon, I'll often stay up til 4:00 or 6:00, and no telling when I'll get up.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
For me it also depends on a few things. Mainly when I have to work.

I sometimes work a 10am-6pm shift so on those days I'll try to be in bed by 2am.

If I'm off work the next day or working a closing shift (either 2pm-9:30pm or 1:30pm-7pm on sundays) Then I stay up anywhere from 3am-6am. I'm definitely a late night person. The catch is I usually sleep till 1pm when I stay up that late.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've decided that I want to share the story about the latest I've gone without sleep ever.

This is a rather long story, so only read if you are interested.

Anyway, it starts with one week last April (2007). We had Thursday and Friday off of school, and my friend Jake was turning 16. Thursday night he had me over to spend the night. We had a lot of fun doing just about everything we could think of. We logged into our RuneScape accounts that we both hadn't been on in months, and played together some. We listened to Pirates of the Carribbean music, and we played Halo 2. We were having a good time, and at 1:30 we decided to turn off the 360, and decided to go to bed. I probably didn't fall asleep until 2:00 because of excitement. I'm not sure what time in the morning we got up because my good memory fails to remember this detail, but it wasn't late I do know. I'm guessing it might have been 7:00 A.M. Either way, that's not the most significant part of the story.

We played some video games and had fun. I was staying over at his house, and would be there the whole time up until the party. To say the least, everything had been going good. But staying up up til 1:30 and not falling asleep til later the night before a 16th birthday party...wtf was I thinking?.......

Yeah, it ended up a stupid decision. Everybody else arrived around 4:00 P.M. The party began, and we all were having a good time. (Most of the time we were playing Halo 2 because thats all most of my friends were into at the time) But the evening came, I was enjoying myself, and everything was still great. Basically we played way too much Halo the whole night so I may as well skip to about 3:00 A.M. I was getting tired, and was playing bad. I told everyone that I would rather watch them play, and wanted to lay down. One of my friends was joking that I'd be asleep in 10 minutes, but that didn't happen. I actually did manage to stay awake until about 4:30. Then I just was starting to get sick because I had never experienced this much of a lack of sleep. I decided that I was going to go to sleep. Of course I was still awake at 5:20 because sleep at a time like this is something that just doesn't happen. Somehow not too long after 5:30, I finally gave in even with the yelling and excitement all around me, and left the party for about maybe 20 minutes. I was so tired, and it was bad. Of course, I was back up, and I was like "How long was I asleep?" They told me, and I wanted to play again, but I just fealt bad. I ended up falling asleep again, and got an hours worth this time.

Yeah, I fealt awful when I was back up, but more sleep was out of the question, so I forced myself to stay up, and played more video games. By noon Saturday, I was home, and I ate lunch, and then my mom had just gotten me a copy of Wii Play since I had gotten a Wii fairly recently before this. I put the game in my wii, and before getting past the menu screen I was like "what am I doing?" I went into my bed, and was gone. Pretty much instantly. Now looking back on that day, it says I played Wii Play for one minute on the message board, and that was all I did that day on the Wii. Anyway, I was asleep, and did not wake up til 8:00 that night. I woke up, and got on the computer for about an hour or two, and then I went back to bed. I did not wake up til 11:00 the next day.

I was exhausted, but I guess it was all fun, and a good memory.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
usually about half 10 if i have to go to 6th form the next day, and if i do i'm up at 6 to catch the bloomin' bus
Otherwise, it'll depend on if i've been out that night which is usually, so it verges from 12 to about 4

was woken up by an earthquake last night at about 10 to 1. 5.2 on the scale witch isn't much compared to some parts of the world but for Britain, it was the biggest we have had for allegedly 25 years.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
It moves arround, yesterday I crashed at 1am, day before that I crashed at round 8, before that I accidently lost track of time and crashed at 4ish am. It varies much depending on conditions and chance.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:43 am  Reply with quote + 
My sleep pattern has been pretty consistent the past month or 2. When I used to work 3rd shift though I was really screwed up. I slept at very random times because I couldn't get a good pattern going. Sometimes I'd only sleep 3-4 hours a day before having to go to work. Then there were days I went to bed as soon as I got home and slept till it was almost time for work. That sucked cause I slept my whole day away.

I think the longest I've ever gone without sleep is about 2 and a half days straight and this has happened to me probly close to a dozen times. Some were because of working two jobs and some occasions were for pleasure. (gaming parties or anime marathons, etc.)
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#7  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
It all depends on work, im a supervisor now so i dont have a set schedual , one day ill start work at 1pm the next day i can start at 5am it all depends when they need me. I try to go to sleep by like 12am but some days when i start at 5am i just pull an all nighter and wont sleep till i get home the next day.
Hammer Bomber wrote:
was woken up by an earthquake last night at about 10 to 1. 5.2 on the scale witch isn't much compared to some parts of the world but for Britain, it was the biggest we have had for allegedly 25 years.

lol we had one of those here a few months back, about the same i think, but I didnt really think any thing of it its just one of those things you get used to :wink: 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#8  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
7-9am and 3-5pm (Depends on my class schedule); yes, I sleep twice a day for a couple of hours, it's boring here at school. :\
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#9  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman3022 wrote:
It all depends on work, im a supervisor now so i dont have a set schedual , one day ill start work at 1pm the next day i can start at 5am it all depends when they need me. I try to go to sleep by like 12am but some days when i start at 5am i just pull an all nighter and wont sleep till i get home the next day.

Congratulations on your promotion. I've been trying to get up too. I recently put in for a receiving position. My situation would be kind of the opposite though. Right now I work a pretty random schedule but if i became a receiver my schedule would be pretty set.
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#10  Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:34 am  Reply with quote + 
i used to have a set schedule where i worked 6am to 3pm monday-friday, summer time i would work 2pm to 11pm, but i gave all that up. But its cool, now I have power and tell people what to do not to mention a few extra $ in my pocket. Its awesome! :P
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
I sleep from 10:30 to 6:30, when I get up and go to school, class starts 7:20 AM and finishes 12:00
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I kinda just go to bed whenever I want. I usually have to leave for college about 9:00. Sometimes I go to bed at 11, sometimes at 2-3 in the morning. I wake up around 7 and sleep button mash till 8. I like to get at least 6 hours of slee. I'm a man who loves sleeping.
on a related note.
It's gonna be awesome when I die (kinda). I'm not religious, so in my mind, when I die it will be just like going to sleep forever. No problems with that, sleep is awesome!
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Angelus wrote:
It's gonna be awesome when I die

not if its painful it won't be
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah pain, my only weakness...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:
Angelus wrote:
It's gonna be awesome when I die

not if its painful it won't be

Hahahahahahahahaha.... that really got me...

On the subject though, I stay up as late as I have to, not as late as I want to. Never past 1 though, only on rare occassions.

Between lack of sleep and stress, I wouldn't be surprised if I die by the age of 30. :hilarious: 
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Depends on the day.

School day- about 11 at night, wake up by 7:10

Any other day - varies, from 12-2 in the morning, then I sleep until 11-1.

I like to sleep through the morning whenever I'm allowed to. :hilarious: 

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:47 am  Reply with quote + 
School days i sleep around 11pm or midnight. If my parents didn 't restrict that, id be sleeping around 1am-2am, and would be getting better grades because i need more time studying!! ><. stupid AP classes.

weekends/summer = varies.
Boring nights = 11pm-midnight.
Fun nights = who knows :hilarious:  .
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#18  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:26 am  Reply with quote + 
I usually go to bed at 11:00PM or so then wake up around 5:00 AM to check out the Smash Bros update and play video games. Or sometimes I go past 11:00 playing my DS in bed, but usually I'm in bed by 11:00 or so.

On weekends I tend to go to bed around 9:00PM or 10:00PM then get up at like 9:00AM or sit in my bed and play DS if I awake before that.

On holidays I barely sleep and often stay up until 3:00AM-5:00AM on occasions.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think I'm going to be pushing it tonight because I'm in a play Bomberman Online for hours and hours mood. :happy: 

Lets hope I don't fall asleep on the keyboard. :hilarious: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1742s
Index - Back to Top