[Replies: 132]  [Views: 48371]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#81  Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 

Had me fooled. Good job with the hoax, fellas.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#82  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 am  Reply with quote + 
So this is what you've been doing instead of making me sprites, damn you!! D:<
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#83  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Interesting.
Spoiler:
I did consider the theory that it was a hoax, considered it to be likely as we had the demon enemy both on the same animation frame, something I don't recall happening all that frequently in SB3, then I thought that as I already called if sarcasm to begin with, I'd just let it slide as I didn't know either way. It's safer to be caught on the tricked end of a goad hoax then to be caught arguing against fact. Though it's your choice whether or not to believe me. Doesn't matter either way, and in the end it set me up for a good joke and some amusement... so good job captain.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#84  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Actually, we did think the lack of replies probably meant at least some people did figure it out but did not want to make the call... so yeah, we do believe you :happy: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#85  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heheheheh. :P

DarkFire4114 wrote:
So this is what you've been doing instead of making me sprites, damn you!! D:<

Actually, it only took a few days to set this up, over a weekend - one day for the mock-up screenshot, another day or two of ripping sprites and setting up the engine. So nah, I've been busy with other stuff, mostly.

Also yes, I believe you, fireball.

EDIT: OH! I totally forgot to mention the controls for the game:

Arrow keys: Move.
X key: Set a bomb. Also, press and hold while over a bomb to pick it up, and let go to throw it.
Z key: Punch bomb.
Spacebar: Detonate a bomb. (this is kind of wacked-out; you can detonate a newer bomb before an older bomb if you throw the older bomb and it's bouncing... forgot to resolve this)

Punch, Throw, and Kick are enabled, with bombs, fire and speed maxed out, and Bomberman is invincible (though not impervious to bombs bounced off of his head).

1 on the number row activates a player object (unnecessary for this level, as I already activated the only one).
3 on the number row resets the stage.

Right-click on Bomberman to get a list of debug options for him (mainly just moving him around).
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#86  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry for the late post! But I have been busy with other stuff to do lately.

This topic is very interesting, good job at bringing a non- released level to us, Zaphe!
SB3 was clearly the continue of the previous Super Bomberman story AND a sequel of Bomberman 94, because most levels are based on that game. So I always wondered if Hudson was planning to put that Cranky Castle level again, instead of the desert- themed stage. I think my question was already answered! :D and I agree with Duke Serkol, that was the purpose of creating that stage.
Now my question is....
Why they canceled the release of it if it could have fit better in the game, and with the Brain Bomber character? As the Ponchos are just too lame for him... xD
But speaking seriously, it should have been an important reason, I doubt that Hudson canceled the stage just to come with something more original as the rest of the levels (also Bagura Ship) retains the same concept idea.

[EDIT]: More on topic, has anyone noticed an unused melody on SB5, which sounds similar to that one played on music box stage?
I thought it was another endless track, but actually it lasts about 9:40. :surprise: 
Before the song ends, you notice how the music box starts to stop, then you listen to the typical Bomberman melody and the track ends.
I was impressed, maybe it's not something new for you, it was just a fun fact :D
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#87  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Uhhh... You should probably start from my "discovery" post and then read the rest of the topic. Like, the whole thing. (hehehe)
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#88  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
You mean, quoting yourself?

Because I already read the whole topic. It's just irresistible, after all you guys had very interesting debates back there ^^
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#89  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Huh? No, I mean... make sure you read every important detail in the topic. Specifically this page and the previous one. Because I'm getting the feeling that you missed something extremely important.
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#90  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
...like what? :/ If there's something wrong on my post, just tell me. I tend to misunderstood things.

Oh... ok. I will read it again, but not today, in case that I forgot something.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#91  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay, to put it bluntly... If you actually believe that that is a real level from Super Bomberman 3, then you must have missed the last two posts on page 4 and the upper half of page 5. :P It was a hoax that I made because people took me too seriously when I was joking around. You can download the fake level that I programmed and play it for yourself.
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#92  Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Never said that I believed that the joke level was real :P
You said that it was never fully programmed, so there's no animation for the enemies and door. Everything was your work.
I was just wondering why Hudson canceled the level.
Sorry, It's my fault for my lack of English D:
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#93  Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomudokkan wrote:
Never said that I believed that the joke level was real :P
You said that it was never fully programmed, so there's no animation for the enemies and door. Everything was your work.
I was just wondering why Hudson canceled the level.
Sorry, It's my fault for my lack of English D:

If you're referring to the "Hell" level Zaphe brought up, it wasn't a level that Hudson ever planned on making, let alone cancel. The whole thing was a hoax that Zaphe made up; a joke that at least I fell for.

Otherwise, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#94  Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Holy. Shit.

So a while back, it was discussed that Bomberman Tournament was based off of one of Hudson Soft's earlier titles, Neutopia.

But what I didn't realize was just how much Neutopia stuff Hudson put into the Bomberman series. Almost every single freaking enemy in Super Bomberman 3, to be exact.

Here, I took the liberty of screenshotting the names and sprites of all of the enemies and bosses from Neutopia II (There's a password that allows you to view them all).

See any familiar faces/names? I'll list them all out to you; at least, the ones that appear in Super Bomberman 3:

Grein
Trent
Plant Man
Rockun
Lizard Man
Hawk Man
Gueru
Dragonfly
Stone Chameleon
Sea Balloon
Kuragedaru
Fish Man
Sea Anemone (The Bomberman enemy looks like its namesake, but behaves more like the Neutopia enemy Rope)
Snow Man
Pygmin
Korobokkuru
Ice Tower
Pharaoh
Spider
Sandi
Buster (Buster Slime in SB3; Buster in Bman Tournament)
Biron (Biiron in SB3)
Crawler
Matango
Roboido (Actually a boss in Neutopia II)

So the only enemies that were (apparently) original to the Bomberman series are Core Mecha Walker, Bobo, Gashin, Goga, Hurricane, Pengo, Todora, Gurun, Dash, Machinda, Bon, and Megadon.

That means that over 2/3 of the enemies in Super Bomberman 3 were from Neutopia. This includes enemies such as Trent, which went on to appear as an enemy and boss in numerous future Bomberman games, and other recurring enemies like Grein, Rockun, Crawler, and so on.

Wow.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:26 pm
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#95  Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hudson is being not so original!

But then again, I probably shouldn't be too surprised considering that they seem to lack the ability to properly develop character personalities. Most Bomberman characters are quite underdeveloped. Molok, Zoniha, and Regulus are probably the most developed Bomberman characters ever, and even then, they still are nothing too impressive.

Edit:
Well then again, there's also some of the characters from the Bomberman Land series. But it still isn't too impressive. And the Bomberman Land series are kinda different so its pretty debatable on whether or not those characters really count.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#96  Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
More evidence in support of Serkol's theory that the engine for Bomberman Tournament was originally intended to be a Neutopia game:

Left: The Rainbow Drop from Neutopia
Right: Charabom Sibaloon's "Rainbow Bridge" ability in Bomberman Tournament

They function and look the same (even down to the white sides of the bridge).

And yes, I am playing through Neutopia now, in order to gather information from it. And also because it's actually pretty good.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#97  Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Actually I've never heard of that game either, and it does look quite good. Quite LOZ derivative, but, still good.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#98  Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice to see this being properly investigated :cool: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#99  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:41 am  Reply with quote + 
I forgot to mention this a long time ago, but check out this article I wrote for Earth Bomber. Specifically, look at the Trivia section. Then take a look at his Wars artwork.

Holy shit, right?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#100  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:54 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
I forgot to mention this a long time ago, but check out this article I wrote for Earth Bomber. Specifically, look at the Trivia section. Then take a look at his Wars artwork.

Holy shit, right?

Lol, Louie Bomber.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 5 of 7 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2974s
Index - Back to Top