Post#61  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm pretty sure it's sarcasm...
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#62  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's sarcasm...

Again; haven't played, wouldn't know, not taking chances.

Plus I did say "maybe".

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#63  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wait, are you guys serious? You didn't know about it? Well OK...

Major spoiler alert I guess:

Spoiler:
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#64  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh weally? Shows what I know.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#65  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
How do I get to this place that I'm going to call hell?

I'm guessing it is like TSA, in that this is what happens when you lose against Bagular/Mihaele. You go to hell.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#66  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
It seems to be an unfinished world that the dev team scrapped, not sure why exactly. I don't think you can get there playing the game normally. Lots of stuff isn't complete in it, like the door doesn't animate when you open it, it just disappears, and there's no boss. It' just a bunch of individual stages chained together with no exit, like on Bagura's Battleship, you just keep exiting doors. When you exit the last door the game just freezes up.

It seem like you have to beat the final boss within an impossible time limit, when I heard about this the guy got there by accident using PAR codes to adjust the time limits and stuff. I'm guessing this was the dev team's way of dummying it out without going in and deleting code.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#67  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
So what you're saying is, you have solid evidence to prove that cheaters do in fact go to hell.

Thanks for the info, certainly. Pretty cool.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#68  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hahahah, yeah I guess so.

Here's a video of one of the levels. It's kind of crappy quality, sorry! I had good codecs set up on CamStudio on my last computer, can't remember what I used before.

--Link removed; uploading a better quality video--

EDIT:

Better quality video: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F9EY33PJ

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:59 pm
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#69  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Use lagarith and then compress it. It never fails in recording for me at a good speed. Depending on what you use to convert or compress it you may need to use the YUV color profile/setting, it's how I do it.

I don't use cam studio though, currently I'm using the most recent version of zdsoft, which seems to do well.

Also, get that stuff on youtube, it's little documented from what I've seen, so people may be interested.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#70  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:16 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
It seems to be an unfinished world that the dev team scrapped, not sure why exactly. I don't think you can get there playing the game normally. Lots of stuff isn't complete in it, like the door doesn't animate when you open it, it just disappears, and there's no boss. It' just a bunch of individual stages chained together with no exit, like on Bagura's Battleship, you just keep exiting doors. When you exit the last door the game just freezes up.

It seem like you have to beat the final boss within an impossible time limit, when I heard about this the guy got there by accident using PAR codes to adjust the time limits and stuff. I'm guessing this was the dev team's way of dummying it out without going in and deleting code.

So it's not so much a secret stage, but an area that should've been impossible to reach without the use of cheat codes/devices.

It's pretty interesting, although given how it appears to represent classic representation of Hell, even having one of those magic symbols on the door, I can see why they "cut" it.

fireball wrote:
So what you're saying is, you have solid evidence to prove that cheaters do in fact go to hell.

I lol'ed pretty hard when I read this.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#71  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Use lagarith and then compress it. It never fails in recording for me at a good speed. Depending on what you use to convert or compress it you may need to use the YUV color profile/setting, it's how I do it.

Thanks! I re-recorded it and it looks better now.
Ugh, forgot to change the color setting though. Oh well.
Also, it keeps recording the volume really low so I have to amplify it, but I think that's because I have my speakers on a minimal volume level. The earbuds I have plugged in are really sensitive, so even at low levels they play really loudly.

Soniti 254 wrote:
So it's not so much a secret stage, but an area that should've been impossible to reach without the use of cheat codes/devices.

Yeah.

Soniti 254 wrote:
It's pretty interesting, although given how it appears to represent classic representation of Hell, even having one of those magic symbols on the door, I can see why they "cut" it.

Yeah it's pretty out there for a Bomberman game. The big question I have is how it would have tied into the rest of the game's story... The five villains came from the previous game, so they couldn't have had a sixth one, right? And as I said, it doesn't seem to have any of those big exit bubbles with a computer chip inside it, like the rest of the five worlds - the stages are all linked together by doors, just like the final world, the Battleship. Maybe it was originally intended to be a secret stage?

EDIT: Huh. The first enemy I blasted in the new video releases a score sprite of "000".
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#72  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Maybe the idea behind the sixth world is that after Bomberman defeats Bagular, Bagular drags him down to hell and then they fight to the death. And in the end, Bomberman defeats Bagular and he then has his spirit destroyed, and would never be seen again.

...but then they probably thought that they would want a sequal so they cut that world out.

EDIT:

I just realized how wrong Bomberman looks in that screenshot you posted, plasm. He's surrounded by a bunch of skulls and demon figures in hell... and... and he's dancing!
legato
Bomberman

Post#73  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Amazing find! I'd like to try these levels myself if possible. Bomberman has braved Hell itself so who knows what else could happen! =O
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#74  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Ugh, forgot to change the color setting though. Oh well.

If there is no issue, then there's no reason to change the setting from default and therefore you probably shouldn't. Vegas just refuses to handle it in the RGB color space. Even if you did mess that up, and couldn't open it with your editor of choice, just download a video converter, and re-encode it into the YUV profile. As you're going from lossless to lossless you should lose basically nothing for it.

Mostly it's just a hassle in the off case that something doesn't like it, so I recommended it to save you a step possibly.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#75  Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
You guys have been having some interesting discussions in my absence. lol. Nice bit here. Older bomberman games aren't my main focus with bomberman but it is always neat to see these kinds of things that never made it all the way.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#76  Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:54 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
That is a Core Mechanism being destroyed by a bomb blast. Notice anything about the resulting explosion? Yeah, it's a skull.

Oh, so SBMan3 has a hidden world. Wow! :veryhappy: 
Metroid games (the first one especially) have lots of them.

...that looks surprisingly Bomberman-ish.

But,
plasm wrote:
Major spoiler alert I guess

I don't really think you can major spoil something that can't normally be accessed in the game without AR codes, especially if it's just an incomplete leftover.

plasm wrote:

Mh, I wonder if we could verify that via PAR codes (like by stopping the timer in the final boss fight and/or reduce the boss' starting HP to 1)

plasm wrote:
Yeah it's pretty out there for a Bomberman game.

Is it really? Lots of cutesy Japanese characters take a quick fun trip through makai.
Freaking Bubby and Bobby from Bubble Bobble did it in Parasol Stars...
Spoiler:
The pentacles would most definitely have been censored in an international release, but for Japanese fare? Nothing special.

plasm wrote:
The big question I have is how it would have tied into the rest of the game's story... The five villains came from the previous game, so they couldn't have had a sixth one, right?

My guess is this stage was going to be a derivative of the horror themed stage from Bomberman 94, like pretty much every other stage is a derivative of those from that game.

But from a storyline point of view, amusing as it is to note that said five villains had just recently been brought back to life, I think the answer might just lie in another Bomberman game...

plasm wrote:
And as I said, it doesn't seem to have any of those big exit bubbles with a computer chip inside it, like the rest of the five worlds - the stages are all linked together by doors, just like the final world, the Battleship. Maybe it was originally intended to be a secret stage?

So we've got a stage that is structured in the same way as the final level and that was apparently to be accessed by defeating the regular final boss, who just happens to be Bagular, while meeting some specific conditions... and it has a makai theme to it.

Hi guys.

plasm wrote:
Huh. The first enemy I blasted in the new video releases a score sprite of "000".

Well that's just too bad. It clearly should have been 666.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#77  Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
About the Bomberman '94 horror world and Devil Bomber... those are actually very good theories! The only thing is, GB3 hadn't been released yet, right? Unless they had been thinking about Devil Bomber as a character before GB3...

Actually, on that note, I have a Bomberman TG-16 rom of sorts that contains the miniboss and boss tracks from either SB3 or 4 (can't remember which, they shared one of the same tracks), so maybe it's possible that they experimented with stuff in advance...
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#78  Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
And that's exactly what I was suggesting. I actually considered writing something to the effect of "Am I early?" or "Sorry, I'm late." (depending on how you look at it) instead of "Hi guys", but thought it could end up being to subtle a joke.

This actually happens very often in videogames for leftovers of a previous game to be included in the next. For one, I'm persuaded that the Goron you get to control in Phantom Hourglass was originally meant to be a third sage in TWW (besides Medli and Makar)

And yes, I love those... can't call them remixes since they predate the release of SBMan 3/4... but yeah, different and still really good instrumentation.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#79  Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay, sorry it's been a while but... here's how you get to the "secret" world:

Spoiler:
GOTCHA! Hahahahah...

There is no secret world in Super Bomberman 3. It was just a throwaway joke, but when people started taking it seriously, I figured "why not?"

So here's the joke level that I made and recorded:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DLLQZW34

It's derived from the Bomberman engine that I worked on in Game Maker, so it only runs on Windows. Also, it's highly unpolished - mainly the enemy AI isn't that great because I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it, thrown/punched/kicked bombs don't interact all that beautifully with the enemies, and I didn't rip all of the necessary sprites for Bomberman. I figured that, while recording, I'd do things just right so that the flaws wouldn't be exposed so easily.

Thanks to Duke Serkol for getting in on the joke toward the end here. :peace: 

Sorry for any disappointment! I just couldn't resist an opportunity like this.

(By the way, in case you didn't notice, the hooded enemies' sprites are based on the Pygmy sprites, and the demon enemies' sprites are loosely based on Fish Men. I made all of the tiles for the stage.)
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#80  Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Also,
Spoiler:
releasing the "microgame" to placate the masses?
Totally my idea guys. Have fun! :wink: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 4 of 7 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1798s
Index - Back to Top