[Replies: 132]  [Views: 48648]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#41  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think that the media drives society. As in, the more commercials appeal to males sexually, the more sexual males will become.

I agree with you in part on people, Razon. Not sure what your reasoning is, though, so mine might be different.

But I do think that the human body -can- look good. I have friends who "rate" women as they pass by, like on a scale from 1-10. Mostly as a joke. But I don't really understand that. I think that the body can generally look alright as long as it isn't in poor health - i.e. morbidly skinny or obese - and when it hasn't been extremely altered, as in plastic surgery or when people get so beefy that you wonder how they can even scratch their heads with those arms.

Then again, I'm making that judgement based on how people look when they are, as you said, fully clothed. I haven't seen a whole lot of naked people in my life that weren't in a textbook, in an old painting or on some stupid popup ad.

Boy, this conversation just keeps twisting and turning.

EDIT:

Soniti 254 wrote:
I still think most people would rather look at a girl then look at a guy though. Guys aren't usually very attractive to look at from most perspectives.

You've also got to remember that you're a guy. And presumably a straight one.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#42  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
But I do think that the human body -can- look good. I have friends who "rate" women as they pass by, like on a scale from 1-10. Mostly as a joke. But I don't really understand that. I think that the body can generally look alright as long as it isn't in poor health - i.e. morbidly skinny or obese - and when it hasn't been extremely altered, as in plastic surgery or when people get so beefy that you wonder how they can even scratch their heads with those arms.

I can agree with that. I'm pretty okay with bodies as long as they aren't ridiculously skinny (as in, a skeleton with skin pretty much) or ridiculously fat or ridiculously beefy. I don't have any comment for plastic surgery though, seeing as I've never personally met anyone who went through with that.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
I still think most people would rather look at a girl then look at a guy though. Guys aren't usually very attractive to look at from most perspectives.

You've also got to remember that you're a guy. And presumably a straight one.

Ha ha, maybe so.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#43  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think girls are considered most ascetically pleasing gender (as in non sexually attractive, the most sexually attractive gender would be the one that you're sexually attracted to) by most people today. This is of course purely cultural, seeing as the males were considered more ascetically pleasing in the time of the greek and roman empires...
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#44  Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:04 am  Reply with quote + 
I wasn't just talking about topless I was also talking about bottomless as well

PS Another weird thing I noted...In Bomberman Hardball Kuro, Ao and Midori seems to be wearing their underwear in public (Their bottoms are white) during the golf sessions (Shiro also has white bottoms but it makes him look like he's wearing his pants the proper way)

Edit: Shiro is always attracting all the hot girls (Lilith, Shout, Pretty) It sucks, why can't those girls find a better guy? oh wait.. all main characters are a living girl magnet and all the girls do is fall in love with him as one of their main purpose. I hate that
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#45  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Just noticed something...

Guys... What's wrong with this picture?

Vent
Bomberdude

Post#46  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:30 am  Reply with quote + 
Not only did they misspell "Kenya", it's also apparently located in South America. :surprise: 
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#47  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
Not only did they misspell "Kenya", it's also apparently located in South America. :surprise: 

*Breaks down into laughter*
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#48  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh Japan, you're so silly~!

Good find, Zaphe.

HienFan wrote:
Edit: Shiro is always attracting all the hot girls (Lilith, Shout, Pretty) It sucks, why can't those girls find a better guy? oh wait.. all main characters are a living girl magnet and all the girls do is fall in love with him as one of their main purpose. I hate that

Except for in the case of Lilith, Bomberman only had an obvious crush on her and Lilith went back with Rukifellth in the good ending.

Plus I don't think Shout was interested in Shiro at all. If anything, it was more like sibling love. But even that's doubtful.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#49  Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, strong characterization and believable romance are truly cornerstones of a good Bomberman game. :down: 
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#50  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Hah good cause I love RukiXLilith

So that just leave us the incredible shallow Round Pink who's better off getting driven down by a Mach 43 (That's the name of one of the Karts in Bomberman Kart DX, or at least that's what I saw on the back of the kart). Heck Aqua and Kuro are 1000000 times better than her
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#51  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
You really aren't too bright are you? :shifty: 
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#52  Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Side effect of being in the bottom class of an all girls school
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#53  Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
You really aren't too bright are you? :shifty: 

Says the person who just missed that his sarcasm led to more sarcasm... :shifty: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#54  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:28 am  Reply with quote + 
ONE YEAR NECRO awwww yeah bitchez
(Well, one year, three weeks and four days)

OK but seriously. I was studying the animations in Super Bomberman 3 again when I noticed this little gem:

That is a Core Mechanism being destroyed by a bomb blast. Notice anything about the resulting explosion? Yeah, it's a skull.

Here's the full animation (some details may be messed up; I just ripped them from gameplay so I had to remove the "800" points that appears over the sprites... Not that anyone cares but me).

The fire is skull-shaped for two flames whoops I mean frames.

Somehow, I don't recall having ever noticed this before, and it's kind of odd seeing it now. Every time I detonated one of those things, in the dozen or two times I've played through this game, a little firey skull face briefly popped up on screen like a subliminally backmasked Satanic message in a hardcore rock song. For years I have been seeing hundreds of these little skulls appear without actually noticing them. Surely they have affected my psyche on some fundamental level.

Joking aside, has anyone else ever noticed this?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#55  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
has anyone else ever noticed this?

Noticed your psyche being damaged on some fundamental level? Yeah, who hasn't.

Actually though, stuff like that is so standard fare for video games, I don't find it odd. Can't say I noticed it, but it doesn't seem odd to me even when it's pointed out.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#56  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Hahahahah.

Well, yeah, I guess I can see your point. It's not really that strange. I suppose the thing that struck me as "odd" was that I have played this game through in its entirety many, many times over many years and just never noticed this before, even though there are tons of the little orbs to detonate.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#57  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, skulls are so fundamental in games, it's not really surprising or anything.

Now, if it there were magic symbols and demon worshiping, then yeah, that'd be another story.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#58  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Now, if it there were magic symbols and demon worshiping, then yeah, that'd be another story.

You never got to the secret world in Super Bomberman 3?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#59  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

What secret world? Tell me your secrets! (why do I smell gum in my room?)
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#60  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

I wasn't too into the Super games, and I never played 3. So no.

I was half-joking, but maybe I stand corrected.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 7 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1916s
Index - Back to Top