Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#21  Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I can sort of understand if Hudson doesn't want to make the chief villains playable - like Bagular and Terrorin - but a perfectly fine lesser villain such as this should have been left in the Battle Mode.

I guess they deemed him too lame?

Quote:
Instead, you get a Gold Bomberman as that secret character to fill in the last slot in the selection screen if you beat the game 100%.

And -that- is lame. Gold Bomberman should be a prize for the winner of the previous match, like it always was. It doesn't even really look gold, more like yellow

Quote:
if you kill Pirate Bomber first in the boss battle, Subordinate Bomber seems to weep. I never noticed this before because he usually dies before Pirate Bomber whenever I face them.

I would guess that a bit of leftover code from story mode, as it wouldn't make sense for him to weep for an opponent.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#22  Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Why would they think a pirate-dressed Bomber would be lamer than a simple recoloring of an ordinary Bomberman?

Oh, and what I meant was that when you kill Pirate Bomber in the boss battle but Subordinate Bomber is still alive, Subordinate weeps (while if you kill him first Pirate Bomber will stomp angrily). Just thought this was kind of interesting to note, and I'd never seen it before.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#23  Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Because he's an henceman. But yeah, you make a compelling point.

Oh, in the boss battle, I see.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
When I played Bomberman Land 3/PSP one of the shop sells girly looking buns with ribbons on them which is kinda odd since they don't sell dresses in any of the games. But still I bought the one with yellow ribbons since it got two buns and it makes Shiro look like... a girl.(There are no antenna on them) Shirobom seems to be lacking underwear on the PS2 but gains them for the PSP (I visited the spa and also tried removing the blue outfit in the toilet)
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#25  Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:34 am  Reply with quote + 
HienFan wrote:
also tried removing the blue outfit in the toilet

And...?
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#26  Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:52 am  Reply with quote + 
He has even less features than a Barbie doll which is a good thing since you aren't suppose to put icky things on the PS2
PS To remove that outfit go to a toilet and choose the second option, then choose the first options (Bomberman Land 3 only, in the PSP you can do it anywhere)
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#27  Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
HienFan wrote:
He has even less features than a Barbie doll which is a good thing since you aren't suppose to put icky things on the PS2

Wow, who would have thought... especially since he bathes with it in Jetters.
And what color is he under the blue outfit? The same as the arms of other Bomberman? (Skin tone beige?)
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#28  Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
He has normal human skin like his face and his best friend's arms
Which reminds me.. Why does some of the male Bombers don't wear pants? And why does one of the bombers in the original Kart suddenly have a name switch in only one game? (Green>Racer)

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab246/HienFan/?action=view&current=Bomberman64shot.jpg
You recognize the guy in black? A familiar someone?

PS Which reminds me Bomberman DS was not the last Round headed Bomberman game. Bomberman 3 was (Too bad they JUST have to change it to that damn square head. Boohoo :cry:  ) I'm bored of the square headed design
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#29  Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:57 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman 3? Do you mean Bomberman Land 3?

Anyway, I see you've been playing Bomberman 64. Can you tell me whether that game is (as I suspect) or is not the same as Bomberman Land (1) with some extra features (new game modes, I believe).
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#30  Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
He's probably talking about Bomberman Land 3. In any of the Bomberman Land games with customizable outfits, it's possible to remove all of Bomberman's clothes. I know for sure in the Wii and PSP versions of the game, he wears a pair of white briefs. The rest of his body is all flesh-colored, just like his face.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#31  Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:15 am  Reply with quote + 
.. Yes it's Bomberman Land 3. He doesn't wear briefs on that game.. It's very odd
PS Hehe.. I dropped the Bridget again
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#32  Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
They typically add things like the briefs to avoid depicting nudity in a kids' game. Something similar happened with Earthbound.

The fact that Bomberpeople apparently have fleshy bodies under their clothes would seem to indicate that they're organic, but apparently their helmets are a part of their heads. They also seem to lack fingers and toes.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#33  Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
In some games and official art they do have fingers at times, no toes as far as I'm informed though. In the very beginning they were robots, but it switched to beings at a point.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#34  Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Guess people lately are getting more sensitive than they are now about things like nudity which may explain why I don't see games like Negima anymore
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#35  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:19 am  Reply with quote + 
I can say one thing nudity is more appealing to men than women otherwise why do I keep on seeing manga of topless women? (Hello Ranma 1/2, Love Hina, Negima) the differences between the 64 and first Bomberman Land? I haven't played the original Land because I can't get it my burner can't burn a thing for the PS... I used to have a different one but it's broken and no longer for sale. Though I can say this some of the modes on the N64 might not be on the PS version but the PS version has a bit of a plot and the 4 koma while the N64 version is 100% plotless and lacks the 4 koma
New modes the N64 that standard single mode you see in some of the main series, Panic Bomber mode (But no story like the Super Famicom) and Samegame mode
PS I hate the censorship the PSP gave it's almost as bad as the pixelation as some of the manga I see when it's in the Malay language
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#36  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 am  Reply with quote + 
HienFan wrote:
I can say one thing nudity is more appealing to men than women otherwise why do I keep on seeing manga of topless women?

Well, yeah. Women are generally more visually appealing then men are. Not many people actually like seeing half-naked men.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#37  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't think that's correct. You see tons more images and videos of topless men than you do women, it's just more socially acceptable to have a topless man than a topless woman. You can walk through a Wal*Mart and see large images of topless men plastered on newspaperboard or whatever in the aisles.

So in a sense, you are probably right in saying that there are many more nude images of women than men, but that is taking images of topless men out of the equation, because they technically are not "naked" in our sense of the word.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#38  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I don't think that's correct. You see tons more images and videos of topless men than you do women, it's just more socially acceptable to have a topless man than a topless woman. You can walk through a Wal*Mart and see large images of topless men plastered on newspaperboard or whatever in the aisles.

So in a sense, you are probably right in saying that there are many more nude images of women than men, but that is taking images of topless men out of the equation, because they technically are not "naked" in our sense of the word.

I suppose you're right. However, in advertisements also you commonly see a woman in just underwear or a bikini or something, and not very often you actually see a man in underwear or something similar. So I think my "women are visually more appealing then men" statement holds some truth.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Razon
Board Admin

Post#39  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:

I suppose you're right. However, in advertisements also you commonly see a woman in just underwear or a bikini or something, and not very often you actually see a man in underwear or something similar. So I think my "women are visually more appealing then men" statement holds some truth.

Actually that's just because sex sells, this type of advertisement works with most men. But likewise this type of bare all advertising does not appeal to women, according to surveys- likely due to most males being more sexually driven. I don't fit into the majority, I'm someone uninterested or better put have dislike for sexual related things. The world is too corrupted and based around it now, I'm not some animal following reproductive instincts honestly now[/stab at mass majority]. Though don't get me wrong, not saying that there's anything wrong with purposely starting a family properly. Also I think that people look best fully clothed, not a fan of the naked human body.

Last edited by Razon on Mon May 10, 2010 4:49 pm
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#40  Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:

Actually that's just because sex sells, this type of advertisement works with most men. But likewise this type of bare all advertising does not appeal to women, according to surveys- likely due to most males being more sexually driven. I don't fit into the majority, I'm someone uninterested or better put have dislike for sexual related things. The world is too corrupted and based around it now, I'm not some animal following reproductive instincts honestly now[/stab at mass majority]. Though don't get me wrong, not saying that there's anything wrong with purposely starting a family properly. Also I think that people look best fully clothed, not a fan of the naked human body.

That is quite true as well. The only thing I could really counter that with is advertisements for underwear (you see a lot more advertisements for girls then for guys). But you're right; sex appeal is the thing nowadays.

I still think most people would rather look at a girl then look at a guy though. Guys aren't usually very attractive to look at from most perspectives.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 7 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1747s
Index - Back to Top