BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
I finally got the bomberman video I promised a while back...
[Replies: 10]  [Views: 2425]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
A while ago, I was talking about Super Bomberman 2 and how much I liked stage 10 (actually not too long ago, but...) Anyway, I was talking about my ability to pull off something that's very hard to do sometimes: jumping the bomb fire. In other bomberman games, it's not that difficult (such as bomberman online when on a Rui, etc) but in Super Bomberman 2, jumping the fire is particularly difficult. If you are off by even a tenth a second, it means death. While I haven't yet mastered this, I've gotten decent at it. I took this video today, and it only took 12 tries. (yes, that's good compared to when I first started learning this after I discoverd it was possible to do) Anyway, watch.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jgtI3a5KEuI

Btw, it's not very long because I didn't bother to record the whole battle, just the trick I promised to show everyone.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nifty... and kind of funny, the way he jumps so fast. It looks like the time of animation for the explosion and the time it takes to jump and land are about the same.

But then, if you could easily jump explosions then it would be way too easy to stay alive in the game.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
It already is in that level (which is the only level you can jump in) he could've just jumped to the right, up or over the bomb to the left, with absolutely no danger of the bombs in that area.
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I could'n understad the trick :oops: 
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
It already is in that level (which is the only level you can jump in) he could've just jumped to the right, up or over the bomb to the left, with absolutely no danger of the bombs in that area.

Well yes, but it's more awesome jumping the way I did it. Sure I could have done it the easy way and lived, but I like doing things like this as an accomplishment.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Nifty... and kind of funny, the way he jumps so fast. It looks like the time of animation for the explosion and the time it takes to jump and land are about the same.

But then, if you could easily jump explosions then it would be way too easy to stay alive in the game.

Well yeah. The timing has to be exactly perfect. Anything slightly off will not work.

I can't quite "easily" do it yet, and I seriously doubt that there is anybody who can. It's very difficult to time, and even though I'm capable of doing it, my mastery isn't to the point where I can do it every single time all I want. Complete mastery would take a very long time if I ever did accomplish it. I don't think I ever will, but if I did one day, I would be just about invincible on Stage 10.

Ninja Bomber wrote:
I could'n understad the trick :oops: 

Basically what I'm doing is jumping the fire with perfect timing so that I jump up right before the explosion and land right after. Very hard to time, so that's why its a trick.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
I know, it truly does appear impressive... but i was replying to this
Quote:
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, yeah. In other Bomberman games, it is too easy, but not true with this one.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
In Bomberman Online, once you got the pink Rui you were pretty much safe from all attacks except Sudden death. That is if you timed your jumps correctly.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, but in Bomberman Online it's easy to do.

If you actually decide you want to play SB2 one day, see how easy jumping a bomb is in this game. It isn't.
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#10  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
This is an awesome trick, but how did you manage to pull it off? I'm pretty good at playing Bomberman, but when it involves technical things, I that's where I mess up.>.< It looks cool though, nonetheless!
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
In Stage 10 of Super Bomberman 2, there is the ability to jump by pressing the Y button. This is not possible to do on any of the stages except for this one.

This trick requires perfect timing, and it's not something easy to pull off. It's much easier in any of the other Bomberman games that have a jump ability compared to this one, and thats why it's so big of an accomplishment every time it's pulled off.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1444s
Index - Back to Top