Pics of me playing Super Bomberman 2
[Replies: 41]  [Views: 12061]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
And I still don't agree, but whatever. All I'm saying is that no stage is the absolute best, while some stages might not be designed very well and thus aren't very good, you could still learn to play on them, and although there are stages that are worse, there aren't stages that are absolutely the best.

I personally don't like the power zone very much because if people just constantly line bomb, run around setting bombs, kicking bombs, throwing and punching as soon as the game starts, it's over pretty quickly, especially on versions with five players.
View user profile Send Private Message
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#22  Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Now that I'm clear on which stage power zone is, here is what I have to say:

I think that the stage is decent, and it's certainly the best stage in the bomberman series for full power battles. (space in BMO the only competition) But, full-power battles are not the best way to play. While the full-power concept is nice, it isn't quite the same as true bomberman which is blowing up soft blocks to get items and then taking out your opponets. Fun stage style, but it only seems to take something away.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#23  Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
And I still don't agree, but whatever. All I'm saying is that no stage is the absolute best, while some stages might not be designed very well and thus aren't very good, you could still learn to play on them, and although there are stages that are worse, there aren't stages that are absolutely the best.

I personally don't like the power zone very much because if people just constantly line bomb, run around setting bombs, kicking bombs, throwing and punching as soon as the game starts, it's over pretty quickly, especially on versions with five players.

I don't remember line bomb being in Power Zone or Super Bomberman 1 for that matter.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:08 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm not just talking about SB1 or 2. But it seems that the heart of this argument is just a difference of opinion, so neither of us can rightly sway each other in this, and I'm just tired of this. (Moreso the latter)
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#25  Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Meh, I'll let the vast majority of Bomberman Online (the best bomberman game out) players speak for themselves. Majority of levels played was plain and simple, Normal Road. Doesn't matter if it was Japanese version or Korean version. So, no need for me to go on saying which levels were better as it's already clear as day.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hahaha, it seems you don't want to let me go. I'll just say now, anything else you say in this topic doesn't matter to me, I hate pointless arguments, I grew up with them.

But not to light your fuse again, but I wouldn't say Bomberman Online is the best Bomberman game out. I never liked it very much, there was even an online Bomberman clone done in the traditional Bomberman style that was much better, had many more powerups, and a lot more customizability. And I'm sure it's something that none of you have ever played, so don't try to guess it. :wink: 

Anyway, I'm out of here.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#27  Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Online, by the majority worldwide, is regaurded as the best bomberman multiplayer game. This has been known since 2002.

Other powerups weren't really needed unless you're talking about non-skilled noob based powerups like Remote Detonator, Dangerous Bomb (found in Bomberman Live), Pass through blocks or bombs, ect ect. Although seeing how you previously said you didn't like how BMO didn't allow people to walk around carry a bomb, then Bomberman Live and the like is more for you.

BMO owns all.

Case closed. Kthxbye.
Bomberman
Bomberbie

Post#28  Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
What's all this Super Bomberman 2 hate? :cry:  It was my first Bomberman game and I love it!
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#29  Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:50 am  Reply with quote + 
It's mainly Ven I would say. Before I made this topic, I thought that everyone here loved this game. :hilarious: 

It's still my favorite though.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#30  Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:54 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, Ven just seems to be a tad BMO elitist. I'm not implying anything bad about that, but let's not get into anymore senseless arguments over stupid stuff like this.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#31  Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:20 am  Reply with quote + 
James Rachels wrote:
If someone says "I like coffee," he does not need to have a reason - he is merely stating a fact about himself, and nothing more. There is no such thing as "rationally defending" one's like or dislike of coffee, and so there is no argument about it. So long as he is accurately reporting his tastes, what he says must be true . . . On the other hand, if someone says that something is morally wrong, he does need reasons, and if his reasons are sound, other people must acknowledge their force. By the same logic, if he has no good reasons for what he says, he is just making noises and we need pay him no attention. (p.27, Moral Minds by Marc D. Hauser)

Not to be pretentious or anything - this just struck me as I was reading the book earlier and I remembered the argument going on here. Also, seeing that I never play multiplayer online Bomberman (I clearly fail as a Bomberman fan) and have not played any of the Super Bomberman games, I can't really make - or have - an informed opinion.

Instead I'll just hide in my trademark "single-player Bomberman fan" bomb shelter. Anyone want to join me? I have cookies and Mountain Dew. :oops: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Bomberman
Bomberbie

Post#32  Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:57 am  Reply with quote + 
Sure, I'm up for some Bomberman Hero anyways! :wink: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#33  Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
Instead I'll just hide in my trademark "single-player Bomberman fan" bomb shelter. Anyone want to join me? I have cookies and Mountain Dew. :oops: 

YES! Finally! Let's have a mass uprising of Story Mode fans!

Except Mountain Dew makes me go crazy. '>_>
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#34  Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
I almost never beat the single player on anything Bomberman. That's where I fail.

I beat Bomberman Land Touch, and got to the final boss on Bomberman Max 2, and that was it.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#35  Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
It's mainly Ven I would say. Before I made this topic, I thought that everyone here loved this game. :hilarious: 

Regulus 777 wrote:
Yeah, Ven just seems to be a tad BMO elitist.

Oh puhlease..

If points are discussed, you better bring something substantial. Which is what I did. BMO elitist? BMO was brought up to talk about majority opinion of regular & hardcore players... To chalk it up to "elitism" shows there wasn't anything substantial to use as rebuttal. :shifty: 

It's clear I'm not the only one who saw the short-comings of Super Bomberman 2..
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#36  Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Ven is more or less a battle bomberman elitist... do remember even without bmo ven has been taking battle challenges wherever they came, from emulator to the xbox game.

And do remember I'm the one who started this, and thats after I've been playing bomberman 2 close to by weekly with friends... after playing super bomberman 3 off and on via emulator, super bomberman 2 doesn't really compare. I still think SBM1's levelset is way better than sbm2's overall as well.
Bomberman
Bomberbie

Post#37  Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well you may haved saved yourself Ven, but big words don't change the fact that Super Bomberman 2 was a great game. :wink: 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#38  Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:
dakirbydude wrote:

Regulus 777 wrote:
Yeah, Ven just seems to be a tad BMO elitist.

Oh puhlease..

If points are discussed, you better bring something substantial. Which is what I did. BMO elitist? BMO was brought up to talk about majority opinion of regular & hardcore players... To chalk it up to "elitism" shows there wasn't anything substantial to use as rebuttal. :shifty: 

It's clear I'm not the only one who saw the short-comings of Super Bomberman 2..

I don't even like the Super Bomberman series that much and was not trying to make any points of argument against BMO or for any bomberman game.

I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time on this thread, because apparently you think I'm arguing with you when I wasn't. All I meant by calling you an elitist is that you seem to really support BMO over any other bomberman game, at least thats the impression I got.

Anyway I'm done, you sure taught me a lesson.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#39  Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Fireball87 speaketh the truth.

Bomberman wrote:
Well you may haved saved yourself Ven, but big words don't change the fact that Super Bomberman 2 was a great game. :wink: 

Saved myself from whom?

Also, I never said SB2 was a bad game. It's a good game infact but it still had shortcomings (especially when compared to other bomberman games). This has been said enough times already.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#40  Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Ven is more or less a battle bomberman elitist... do remember even without bmo ven has been taking battle challenges wherever they came, from emulator to the xbox game.

I'm the same way. Ven, do you accept a challenge from me?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2070s
Index - Back to Top