Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman Story DS
[Replies: 10]  [Views: 2729]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
I heard that the UK version has come out already.

...any UK fans wanna verify me on this? o_o;;

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
It appears to be true, it came out the twenty-third.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Is the game even coming for the US?

If not, I might import it.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
I bought it yesterday and played up to the first boss. While the boss itself was even easier than any of those from the first Bomberman DS (yes, THAT easy), the game seems much more Bombermanesque and enjoyable than Tournament (i.e. the original Bomberman Story GBA) :veryhappy: 
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
That sounds good then. I loved Tournament once I got an actual copy of the game.
Emperor Sirius
Bombertrainee

Post#6  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've only played it on an Emulator, but it was alot more fun than Bomberman Land Touch X_x!! I hated that game! (its my opinion, dont hate me for it)
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Whaat? o.o I must import... <w> Like there's a big dif between us and uk DS' anywayz. Keehee!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Guys, today I am bearer of great news.

Call me a fool if you wish, but until today I had not found the time to try out the battle mode of Bomberman Story DS (two words: Mario Galaxy... and then a few more words, Link's Crossbow Training). I figured it would be pretty much the same as Bomberman Land Touch. Boy was I mistaken.

This game has what I deem the best Bomberman battle mode I have ever encountered. And believe me, I've seen A LOT.

It's as customizable as it never was before, and contains several innovative features that make it all the more great. I cannot really express in words the awesomeness of this battle mode (especially since I am in a hurry), but I'll just say it has given me lots of reasons to be happy with it and only one to complain. See, you can get Spike "blast through walls" bombs in every stage. That's annoying, especially when the blast can come all the way from between the two screens... which is why I prefer to play in just one with four players, but that's just me.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Now I wish I had a DS....
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Not only that: brace yourselves, I almost had a heart attack when I found out about this... the story mode's main plot actually concerns...

*SPOILER*

bombs!! Yes, a Bomberman game in which bombs are not just your weapon! Hallelujah!!!

While the story mode is still kinda bland compared to other Bomberman games and other action RPG games, I'm enjoying it more than previous attempts (Bomberman Quest, Tournament and Jetters Legend).
My only complaints on it is that the quality of music varies noticiably (from inspired to annoying going through dull) and that the wildlife enemies seem too realistic for a Bomberman game (I mean, next to Bomberman's cutesy sprite they clash terribly). Actually this applies also to the bosses which have the annoying habit of inexplicably (and visibly) inflating themselves before battle.

Oh and, this is not a spoiler since we find out right away, for those annoyed that Bomberman gets thrown into another team like Jetters... he doesn't. They are just working together on this particular mission, but Bomberman still formally belongs to the Bomber Base, not Justice Right. Or, as it has thankfully been changed into, the Justice Department. Oh yeah, I forgot to say, that was not the name of the team, it was the name of the organization to which they belong.

And in closing... I was initially annoyed at the introduction of another evil scientist, but as the story unfolds it's clear to me an already known enemy (like Bagular or Mechadoc) could not fit this role.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've never actually imported a game, but now I have to have it. How much would it end up costing about?

I'm getting it for sure regardless of the price, I just need some help on the cost and where to get it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1519s
Index - Back to Top