BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
lol, An idea of just how active we are here....
[Replies: 112]  [Views: 21420]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#81  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ooh, I wanna talk Sonic! =D Why don't we take this to a Sonic thread where we can discuss this. Shadow the hedgehog was pretty fun if you can take horrid camera angles, sketchy graphics, lag, and other bad qualities. It's good for the story alone. =P
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#82  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
We had a megaman discussion in the brawl topic. Off topic isn't that big of a deal when theres under 10 posts a day. Its not like we don't all read every single post made. It becomes more of an issue when there is too many people who can't follow everything.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#83  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ironic that a topic about how inactive we are suddenly becomes the most active topic.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#84  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
lmao, Yeah I made this topic in order to present some data to everyone and my point was made quite awhile back.

*shrug*
No big deal I guess.

I'll talk about almost anything videogames. Someone wants to make some topics go for it. I've got input and opinions for lots of things.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#85  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Ironic that a topic about how inactive we are suddenly becomes the most active topic.

Yes, it's very ironic.

fireball87 wrote:
We had a megaman discussion in the brawl topic. Off topic isn't that big of a deal when theres under 10 posts a day. Its not like we don't all read every single post made. It becomes more of an issue when there is too many people who can't follow everything.

Well yeah, getting off topic isn't bad in my opinion either as long as it's not a massive site. And this is a small forum, but one of the best I've ever been on.
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#86  Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah well, my advertisements will hopefully help. And not bring spam bots.>.< Shouldn't we all help the site get more members? By that I mean ACTIVE members, not people who join and just join, but people who will contribute to the site.

Platypus Popsicles! O_O
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#87  Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:09 am  Reply with quote + 
I really couldn't care less if we got more people. I'm happy with how things are currently going. Not that I'm against having new members, but I'm not going out of my way to get people to come here cause I don't feel it's necessary.

To be honest I miss a lot of the old regulars, I'd take getting one of the cool old regulars back to getting 5 new healthy members. lol, but we can't force that on people either. If people have put the board behind them that's their call.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#88  Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
The only reason I'm really here is because it's a small board. Of course, I really like Bomberman, but if this was a big board I probably wouldn't stick around much. With a lot of people you can't get to know everybody as well.

And also there's the maturity level with these members that I haven't seen in other forums.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#89  Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:34 am  Reply with quote + 
The best part about small forums is that you get to know everybody fairly well and even if your away for like a week or so you can easily catch up on everything thats happened since your last visit. Those are the main reasons why I somewhat frequently come by and visit this place. The only two forums I bother with anymore are this and another small Kirby related forum.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#90  Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, I guess since most people seem happy with this community, I may as well leave it as is. Plus, it saves me much work. :cool:  I'll just focus on posting. =P
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#91  Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well the small size is nice in ways, but there are no big Bomberman forums anywhere on the internet which is kind of a problem for the whole fanbase.

This one is fine as it is, but somebody needs to make a Bomberman forum of considerable size. I tried to make my own, but it failed after about 1300 posts. A couple people post now and then, but it didn't end up getting very far.
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#92  Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
There are lots of communities for Bomberman, but they are pretty small from what I hear. At least Bomberman gets some recognition though. =)
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#93  Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
There is not a lot. If there are, then searching the internet for hours and hours didn't find them for me.
eldergan
Bombertrainee

Post#94  Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
After looking briefly, I guess not. But on the plus side there are like hundreds of places with a Bomberman section.=P Not the same but yeah...>_> Is Bomberman like dead or something? o.o
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#95  Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Most of the Bomberman stuff seemed to revolve around bomberman.info

But that site is barely in my memory. When I was just in 5th grade, I found it, and there was a notice saying that the guy who made it wasn't going to update it anymore, but he said that other people could. Then next time I checked back, the place was gone. After that, the fanbase got scattered everywhere.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#96  Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:11 am  Reply with quote + 
i wouldn't say so, this used to be Bomberman.info's forum and by and large, the forums closure was closely followed by the new one, the fan-base didn't really have much time to get lost. Back in the days when Johann looked over the board and i was about 13 (hehe, 5 years, gheez, it doesn't feel like that) there were about as many active members then as there are now. The online english speaking B-man community has always been a bit poxy. :happy: 

I too only actively brows two forums, and they are both resurrections of other now deceased places where the community was too valuable to lose. :wink: 
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#97  Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was just saying I thought it did. Not that I remembered as much as other people about the place. At least it could be found on Google though.

Seriously, if you look for Bomberman....

Things like IGN Bomberman 2 walkthrough, Gamespot Bomberman Land review, download Bomberman roms FREE etc come up, and no matter how many pages and pages you go through, it's all that anything is. It's kind of sad that it's impossible to find much. It would have to be due to the fact that the sites I would be looking for don't exist, or nobody knows about them. :sad: 
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#98  Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:29 am  Reply with quote + 
thats where the fun of being part of a niche comes in ^_^
(arguably)
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#99  Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:36 am  Reply with quote + 
I love this forum for the mere fact that it's not chock full of garbage like the World of Warcraft or the Gamepot forums are. Holy shit, those are some terrible forum communities! :xeyes: 

The only other one I use is deviantART forums, but it's usually dull topics and random complaints.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#100  Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ao Bomber wrote:
I love this forum for the mere fact that it's not chock full of garbage like the World of Warcraft or the Gamepot forums are. Holy shit, those are some terrible forum communities! :xeyes: 

I wasn't saying to have forums like the gamespot forums. I just meant that gamespot, and that kind of things is all that will come up now when you search for "bomberman" on google or yahoo. I don't really like gamespot's forums either because I stand out a lot considering my posts are usually more than one line, and I talk in complete sentences.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 5 of 6 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1946s
Index - Back to Top