BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
lol, An idea of just how active we are here....
[Replies: 112]  [Views: 21279]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#101  Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ao Bomber wrote:
I love this forum for the mere fact that it's not chock full of garbage like the World of Warcraft or the Gamepot forums are. Holy shit, those are some terrible forum communities! :xeyes: 

poster 1: lol my ubber holy warrior just reached lvl 9001 today while camping at the forbidden volcano area. now im working on my lvl 6000 magic swordsman at FVA since it has uber exp then afterwards start another character

poster 2: lmao same. pwning n00bs on pvp is the best with my lvl 8200 grand awesoma magician

poster 3: Umm... why not actually do other things beside forbidden volcano area and PvP? Doesn't it get boring?

poster 1: stfu n00b you know nothing about this game go back to playing your shitty shooter games n00b

poster 2: lol poster 3 is full of fail and poster 1 is full of win

poster 3: Wow, I had no idea that this community has such elitist bullshnaps, good bye.

(poster 3 leaves forum forever.)

Obviously a very bad exaggeration, but yeah... that's what I pictured after reading that particular passage. :hilarious:  And that's why I stick to my two small forums.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#102  Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
I wasn't saying to have forums like the gamespot forums. I just meant that gamespot, and that kind of things is all that will come up now when you search for "bomberman" on google or yahoo. I don't really like gamespot's forums either because I stand out a lot considering my posts are usually more than one line, and I talk in complete sentences.

You missed my point, I was saying that forums like those two make me appreciate the Bman community even more. It might have its faults but it a helluva lot better than them. :shifty: 

Last edited by BlueBomberman on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:27 am
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#103  Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, yes. Now i get what you are saying and I agree with it. Yes, this place is better than the gamespot forums.

But whats even worse is the Nintendo Nsider forums remakes. There are two big ones, and I went to both to see what they were like...just never go there. Ever.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#104  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:28 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Oh, yes. Now i get what you are saying and I agree with it. Yes, this place is better than the gamespot forums.

But whats even worse is the Nintendo Nsider forums remakes. There are two big ones, and I went to both to see what they were like...just never go there. Ever.

Wow, that's too bad. I liked the NSider forums myself, I wish they would bring it back.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#105  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I enjoyed parts of the old nsider, but the fanmade new ones are awful.

There was some nonsense on even the old nsider, but great parts as well. The new ones are not worth going to though.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#106  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:46 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
I enjoyed parts of the old nsider, but the fanmade new ones are awful.

There was some nonsense on even the old nsider, but great parts as well. The new ones are not worth going to though.

Yea, I've had a few peeks at those fansites. . . Meh. Nintendo needs to reopen it, it had way better moderation and such than these sites do.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#107  Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah. My brother got bored so he sent spam messages to about 600 accounts on one of them and didn't get busted. It was funny lol...
Razon
Board Admin

Post#108  Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
This place just seems more dead then usual recently recently, so many days going by in a row without even a single post- is there just not much to talk about? I'm still working on my own bomberman game, but considering how little attention boj is getting here now- I doubt that it would do much even if I finished and released it.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#109  Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol i was noticing that. Untill Dragon Bomber came back and made some posts I felt compelled to reply to I hadnt posted in about a month and a half, though I was still checking by on a semi regular basis (once or twice a week).
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#110  Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Part of it's my fault for leaving a while. I've been hard at work preparing for the new Bomberman website I'm making and directing Super Mario Disaster.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#111  Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I like it here and on Hudson Entertainment's forum because I can ramble like mad and usually it's ok. I do not get quite the same reception about Bomberman on IRC except in a small bomberman channel that is really just a group of anime-loving friends I stumbled upon ten years ago or so. The idling fellows will of course post urls about bomberman as soon as they see I am active, or ask me questions because they didn't get this game or that game I mentioned to them years ago. That or they tell me about some game they just bought that I don't have that they probably won't even play.

I post here now, on the HE Hive forum, on the Digital Press forums (website for a collector's guide with a lot of references to the newsgroups and IRC channels), and on a bakugaiden board. That's about it. After staring at library database records for a couple hours I have to take a break and read something else or my brain gets wonky and I start doing weird things to them.

I'd love to game it up Bomberman style with locals but most of the people in town I could meet I don't trust to not steal from me. My local friends are usually busy with work or class or military service so forums and such are all I have besides solo research into the titles. My wife is not keen on losing 40 straight matches to me when I do manage to get her to play, though I keep telling her she needs to practice and outsmart me. HAHA

When I can afford the 360 then I won't have that problem, naturally. ;) Then I'll get my ass handed to me nightly by people from all over, much like I did on that hack of BO and on Atomic Bomberman. I'll just make sure I only swear in German though so I don't offend.
Bomberman

Post#112  Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I know how that is about not having real life people to play. My problem isn't the worry of my games disappearing, but a severe lack of talent from everyone I know in real life. I've even tried to train people, but they usually are not dedicated enough and give up after a while.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#113  Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:34 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Yeah, I know how that is about not having real life people to play. My problem isn't the worry of my games disappearing, but a severe lack of talent from everyone I know in real life. I've even tried to train people, but they usually are not dedicated enough and give up after a while.

Yeah, the talent of other people is mixed for me. The hard part is getting people together. In April we had a shitton of people at the house for a birthday thing, with two TVs going. So, we managed to get in Wii Bomberman Land, both Jetters and Generations, Wii Smash Brothers Brawl, Wii Sports on the HDTV I moved into the dining room, and then 2-3 Karaoke Revolution games and Guitar Hero on the other TV in the living room. Two of the people gave me some competition.

Then I played Saturn Bomberman once with 4 other people in May or June. One of the guys was pretty good that time. A couple times since then playing Act Zero and Bomberman Live with one person who has a 360. Played Bomberman Live with his this weekend also but he only wins when I die somehow and then the AI sometimes wins. But at least he will play. :veryhappy: 

As far as locals, I meant people I don't know. Like, I don't think I would have yahoo people or craigslist people over or even digital press people over were they wanting to meet up. I have no worries over meeting online people, just not into inviting them to my home until I know them better. If my wife's skills would improve it would be great but she avoids some of our friends now and stays inside her cocoon of writing. Being married changes the friend dynamics a lot anyway. Blah.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 6 of 6 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2358s
Index - Back to Top