BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
What bomberman games have the best multiplayer?
[Replies: 32]  [Views: 8406]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
What Bomberman games do you think have the best multiplayer? Personally, I think both of the Super Bomberman games are very good for the multiplayer.

I also liked Bomberman Tournament's multiplayer in general, but the stages were small. Other than that, the game's battle mode was good.

And of course Bomberman Online is a favorite too.
View user profile Send Private Message
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:00 am  Reply with quote + 
I liked Bomberman Party Edition for the PS1, ans Super Bomberman 4.
I liked the powers from the 4 Bomber Kings. Jet Bomber ftw!
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:10 am  Reply with quote + 
The best one for multiplayer if you have enough people is definitely Saturn Bomberman. 8 players! a good variety of stages that are good size, just a lot of fun. I also really enjoyed Bomberman 64's multiplayer a lot. Making your own customized bomberman from clothing parts you found in story mode was really cool. I also loved to knock people out and throw them off the stage. (Yeah I'm a big jerk)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Angelus wrote:
I liked Bomberman Party Edition for the PS1

Yeah, Bomberman Party Edition is really good. There are actually three "difficulties" of battle mode, which change the available characters, whether or not eggs can appear, and also gives you a completely different set of maps. Easy you get regular Bombermen, Regular you get Super Bomberman 3 characters (not the bad guys, except Pretty Bomber), and in Hard you get the Four Bomber Kings and Great Bomber, as well as Kotetsu and Honey, all having powers.

So it's kind of like three Bomberman multiplayer games in one.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
I never got the oppertunity to play Bomberman Party Edition. Is the game more of the newer Bomberman game style or the older style?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
What do you mean? It's the same regular Bomberman battle mode that everyone knows. It's from 2000, I think, and there are screenshots all over the place like here and here.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm going to say Bomberman Generation... I remember one night, me and three of my friends stayed up ALL night playing it. For that memory alone, I'm gonna say Generation. Though, I DID like all the different characters you could unlock in Jetters (MIGHTY!! ^___^), and all their power-ups.

Oh, and Bomberman 64 and TSA!. Most definitely.
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
I liked Generation and Jetters, but it annoyed me how the bombs were more of a chain reaction than them all blowing up at the same time when connected.

That's the only reason those two aren't favorites of mine. Other than that, they weren't bad at all.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jetterz is the most convenient fun multiplayer, what with most people still having a gamecube

But my favorite is Party Edition, with the 4th and 5th Super B-Man games coming joint second
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm old-schooled, so I'm a fan of Super Bomberman 2. Nopets, no sticking to the side nor combacks. Just pure battle. And the stages were much better than those in SBMan1 (also because of the items available).
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think the only thing I didn't like about Jetters' multiplayer was the fact you couldn't turn off the REALLY annoying voices. Every time anyone grabbed a powerup, it'd always chime in with its name...

Yeah, Super Bomberman 2 is up there for me, as well. ^_^ I had a lot of fun on that "Jumping Mushroom" stage... though Standard battle was great just as well.

And because I forgot to mention it earlier... Bomberman LIVE on the Xbox 360 is definitely climbing my favorites list.
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Well obviously the best is Bomberman Online PC for reasons that don't have to be mentioned.

As far as the console versions go, I liked Super Bomberman 1 more than 2. I don't see why 2 removed punch. The throw setup was weird in to as well. I loved the Power Level.

Only played the Saturn version a few times (never with anything near 10 people though).

Bomberman Live has the potential to be better than what it currently is. They need to Update the glitches and whatnot. Not to mention they should've had teams. :mad: 
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Teams would be a good idea, but... I REALLY think they need to fix the "Bomb-Holding" technique. People that lay a Deadly Bomb down, wait a couple seconds, then pick it back up and toss it are giving the other players a SERIOUS disadvantage with that 'technique'... especially with full-fire.

And there's really no way to avoid it, I think... :sad: 
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I'm old-schooled, so I'm a fan of Super Bomberman 2. Nopets, no sticking to the side nor combacks. Just pure battle. And the stages were much better than those in SBMan1 (also because of the items available).

Bringing up the stages from Super Bomberman 2, is anybody good at jumping over fire on Stage 10? (the mushroom stage) I've done it a few times before, but I've had difficulty mastering it.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:21 am  Reply with quote + 
I actually prefer 1 to 2 as well, and prefer 3 and 5 to those. 2's maps are too insistent on being different, and so the only one with the proper flow of strategy in my opinion was the basic map. 3 and 5 both had great maps all around, a much better ai, and rui's are of course optional.

That said, BMO was probably the most fun for me, just cause I had my share of good opponents there, that and I liked pretty much every map in that game.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
Teams would be a good idea, but... I REALLY think they need to fix the "Bomb-Holding" technique. People that lay a Deadly Bomb down, wait a couple seconds, then pick it back up and toss it are giving the other players a SERIOUS disadvantage with that 'technique'... especially with full-fire.

And there's really no way to avoid it, I think... :sad: 

The glove is one of the many things they need to fix in Bomberman Live.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't understand why they can't make the engines the same way.... >_<

I mean seriously, how many Bomberman games have they released by now? I know the languages they write them in are different, but why don't they use the same concept?

And in Bomberman Online, you couldn't walk while carrying a bomb.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#18  Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:25 am  Reply with quote + 
if they all used the same concept, and were exactly the same why upgrade to the newest one? Why spend money to buy the same game over again? They gotta try new things to try and get people to buy them.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah I know that, but they can add new things. I don't see how disabling the ability to walk while carrying a bomb will make people want the new version.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
They at least came out with an update for Bomberman Live for a few tweaks. You can read about it here. They also asked for suggestions and I compiled a nice detailed list. Tried to keep the list to things that they could easily change.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1935s
Index - Back to Top