Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Users watching this topic: 1  
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/bakugaiden

Yeah I made the petition to bring Bomberman B-Daman Bakugaiden to the US. I'm also posting the whole IV series on Youtube. Show your support, I know we can make this happen if everybody can spread the word.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=SaiKoreBon
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Do you have the high quality versions of the episodes, it would be great to get a hold of them.
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Do you have the high quality versions of the episodes, it would be great to get a hold of them.

Kinda. I converted the episodes from VHS to DVD to AVI, converting them to WMV for Youtube, so that would explain the somewhat low quality. ^_^;
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Come on you guys! Sign the petition! I'm uploading the series for YOU. :xeyes: 

Heh, but seriously though... Please sign it. And I don't want any of that "Oh, petitions never work" crap, because they do. They're there for a reason; to see what people want, what's in demand. Sure a company has to buy it, but when they see that we really want it, they will take it.

I'm aiming towards ADV Films and trying to keep it away from 4Kids Entertainment. (You know how THEY are.)

So again,
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/bakugaiden

Sign it, please and thank you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
saikorebon wrote:
I'm aiming towards ADV Films and trying to keep it away from 4Kids Entertainment. (You know how THEY are.)

Ohh, okay. I wasn't going to sign it because I don't like it when they Americanize this stuff. I guess I'll sign it then.
View user profile Send Private Message
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Ohh, okay. I wasn't going to sign it because I don't like it when they Americanize this stuff. I guess I'll sign it then.

4Kids is the worst. They butcher a lot of great anime out there. >=(

There's a rumor going around that Japan filed a restraining order against them lol I don't know if that's true or not though. But still, keep Bakugaiden away from them at all costs!
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
THe chances of it being localized is slim to none. It is an old show that few know and/or care about. Bomberman isn't as popular in america as it once was. If anything, we would be extremely lucky to get Jetterz licensed. There just isn't enough of a market here.

However, there is hope. If you can get a huge petition, you might be able to convince a group to fansub it. A sub is probably all we have a real chance to get.
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#8  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Angelus wrote:
THe chances of it being localized is slim to none. It is an old show that few know and/or care about. Bomberman isn't as popular in america as it once was. If anything, we would be extremely lucky to get Jetterz licensed. There just isn't enough of a market here.

However, there is hope. If you can get a huge petition, you might be able to convince a group to fansub it. A sub is probably all we have a real chance to get.

You never know, because Battle B-Daman was licensed. And I guess with the fame that is getting, people are researching what B-Daman really is, where it originated, and what the spin-offs are and what not. As far as Bomberman goes, many people do know who and what Bomberman is. There's really old anime out there that's just being brought to America in English, so I wouldn't see how the year gap would have any effect on it.

Yes, I totally agree we would be SO lucky if Jetters was licensed. I haven't played Bomberman Jetters for the Gamecube but I heard voice acting sucked in that. If and when we get the anime in English, I hope they make a better approach to that.

And yes, there is definite hope. Have faith. I made a community on Bakugaiden on Youtube. Check it out if you haven't already.

http://youtube.com/group/bakugaiden
Razon
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Jetters is a really good anime, there's no way that a dub would do it proper justice. I don't want them to ruin a good thing.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Bomberman Jetters is a really good anime, there's no way that a dub would do it proper justice. I don't want them to ruin a good thing.

What is so wrong with dubbed anime, must I ask? Why do people almost always prefer to read what the characters say rather then understand them by actullay hearing what they are saying? To me, having to read while watching an anime completely defeats the purpose of watching an anime. If your going to read what's going on anyway, why not just read a manga instead? I always find subbed anime to be just annoying to watch. In my opinion, having to read what the characters say really takes away from the emotion and feel of it all. Plus dubbed anime isn't always that bad, sometimes the voice acting is actullay very good and suit the characters really well and most of the anime I've seen have faithfully kept the story behind it in tact.

Am I saying all dubbed anime is good? Of course not, just look at everything 4kids dubbed. Am I saying all subbed anime sucks? Absolutly not. My point of this whole little rant is that people should stop whining about these things without any real reason. It just gets really annoying having to hear the same biased stuff all the time with only the "lawls dubs suxxors subs r way beta" argument going on to back it up.

I'm sorry if I sounded mean or anything, I just wanted to make a point regrading that whole subject. I realize that some people prefer subs over dubs for one reason or another, that's not what I'm commenting about. I'm commenting over the fact that these people seem to trully believe that a particular anime they watched and enjoyed subbed would be entirely ruined and butchered if it was dubbed sometime afterwards.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#11  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:13 am  Reply with quote + 
heh a dub over sub fan eh? I admire your bravery, your group is highly outnumbered by the sub supporters.

As far as this arguement is concernd I'm completely neutral I've enjoyed many anime subbed AND dubbed. I feel it can be good both ways. I'd make my statements on each individual point you presented but I'm tired... I just got home from work and I'm going to bed shortly
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
As long as they can get the voices fairly close, I'm all for a dub.

It's just when they totally change the characters' voices. I mean, surely you can't search the world over and not find a voice actor who can do a similar voice and not screw it up.
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#13  Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
As long as they can get the voices fairly close, I'm all for a dub.

It's just when they totally change the characters' voices. I mean, surely you can't search the world over and not find a voice actor who can do a similar voice and not screw it up.

Yeah, definitely. Kiirobon has to have his southern accent as well cuz it'd be weird without it lol. It's gotta sound real too. What they did with Osaka in the English dub of Azumanga Daioh wasn't TERRIBLE, but it just didn't sound that appealing to me.

There's a topic in the Youtube group about picking your own English voice-over cast. Everytime I think of Akabon with an American voice, I think of Jessica Schwartz doing the voice. (Ai Hayakawa - Final Fantasy Unlimited)... I don't know why, it just sounds good to me. :oops: 
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#14  Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
What is so wrong with dubbed anime, must I ask? Why do people almost always prefer to read what the characters say rather then understand them by actullay hearing what they are saying? To me, having to read while watching an anime completely defeats the purpose of watching an anime. If your going to read what's going on anyway, why not just read a manga instead?

Yeah, I'm not against dubbed or subbed. I like em both. It actually depends who is dubbing it. I always prefer the original Japanese over anything because when Americans find the storylines in anime boring, they go off and butcher it. Example: Crayon Shinchan. When Funimation took it, they change the dialogues to make it "suitable" for the Adult Swim audience.

As for 4Kids, oh don't get me started with them...

ADV Films has never really failed me at all, I'm actually pleased with most, if not all their works. Ghost Stories (I think is what it's called) was a joke. ADV can be serious or they can fool around, but mainly though, they nail the Japanese scripts down so they usually have great translations. If I'm in bed at night watching anime, I prefer it dubbed so I won't have to read anything and hurt my eyes lol.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#15  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:02 am  Reply with quote + 
saikorebon wrote:
What they did with Osaka in the English dub of Azumanga Daioh wasn't TERRIBLE, but it just didn't sound that appealing to me.

I think the way they portrayed Osaka in English was fantastic. The goofy southern accent fit her very very well and it gave English audiences an idea of what she's like (being from a different area then the other characters and having an accent). When you listen to an osakan accent as opposed to regular japanese while watching subs it doesn't make much of a difference to english speakers. Giving her a southern accent helped english audiences appreciate a lot of the jokes involving her.

By the way I love Osaka She is the best character in the whole Azumanga Daioh series and among the best anime characters ever.

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
I hated the osaka dub accent, mostly because it was executed in a way that I have never known a southerner to talk. Osaka from what I can tell wasn't nearly as overgeneralized as the southern accent thrown on her in the dub. It wasn't having a southern accent that killed her as much as their choice of having the strongest southern accent known to man.

*edit* though i didn't like any of the dub, and ended up turning it to subtitles in under 10 minutes, so maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Razon wrote:
Bomberman Jetters is a really good anime, there's no way that a dub would do it proper justice- I don't want them to ruin a good thing.

What is so wrong with dubbed anime, must I ask? Why do people almost always prefer to read what the characters say rather then understand them by actullay hearing what they are saying? To me, having to read while watching an anime completely defeats the purpose of watching an anime. If your going to read what's going on anyway, why not just read a manga instead? I always find subbed anime to be just annoying to watch. In my opinion, having to read what the characters say really takes away from the emotion and feel of it all. Plus dubbed anime isn't always that bad, sometimes the voice acting is actullay very good and suit the characters really well and most of the anime I've seen have faithfully kept the story behind it in tact.

Am I saying all dubbed anime is good? Of course not, just look at everything 4kids dubbed. Am I saying all subbed anime sucks? Absolutly not. My point of this whole little rant is that people should stop whining about these things without any real reason. It just gets really annoying having to hear the same biased stuff all the time with only the "lawls dubs suxxors subs r way beta" argument going on to back it up.

I'm sorry if I sounded mean or anything, I just wanted to make a point regrading that whole subject. I realize that some people prefer subs over dubs for one reason or another, that's not what I'm commenting about. I'm commenting over the fact that these people seem to trully believe that a particular anime they watched and enjoyed subbed would be entirely ruined and butchered if it was dubbed sometime afterwards.
Well as someone that studies japanese, and having watched anime for many years- I particularly dislike american dubs of japanese anime. American animated shows had voices that went along with them, which is how it was originally meant to sound. But pretty much any anime I've seen, if you have the dvd version and you switch the voices over to compare from japanese to english dub- it's unbarable to listen to and it completely ruins the anime. I prefer reading instead of listening to something like that, it definitely doesn't take you away from the experience of it. Even though I understand a great deal of japanese now and can watch Raws of the episodes understanding 90-95% of it, I still didn't mind reading back when I didn't know any japanese. And I still don't mind reading for parts I don't understand, and actually prefer it- not feeling like reading is just a lazy americans perspective view on the situation imo.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#18  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
The cultural notes in fansubs is cool too...
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#19  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, let's not bash dubs, because not all are bad. I'd still like to see Bakugaiden here in the US dubbed or subbed, as long as nothing is cut.

Speaking of which, we broke 200 signatures on the petition. =)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#20  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
I... er... have my TV set so the subtitles are always on. Just in case I miss something. So reading while watching isn't a problem for me.

fireball87 wrote:
The cultural notes in fansubs is cool too...

Definately a must in order to understand what the heck they're talking about sometimes.

saikorebon wrote:
Speaking of which, we broke 200 signatures on the petition. =)

Awesome.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2280s
Index - Back to Top