I got contacts yesterday!
[Replies: 20]  [Views: 6782]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General

dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:10 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't have to wear glasses anymore. I'm not entirely used to having contacts on yet, but I like it better so far.

The only thing is I'm not used to putting them on yet, and it usually takes me about 15 mins to get both in or out.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heh, I'll always have my glasses. I won't bother with contacts or anything. I personally think I look better with glasses on, but that's just me. Without them I just feel wierd. :hilarious: 

I remember my bro used to have contacts, but it sounded like a pain to put them on and off.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I tried contacts a long time ago. I found them uncomfortable. They'd make my eyes feel droopy and I'd feel like I'm supposed to be tired. I was always trying to adjust them since they were uncomfortable and I ended up ripping one. after a week or 2 of using them I got fed up and went back to glasses. I only use them for reading and tv and stuff anyway, I can see decent without them, so In my opinion contacts weren't really necessary anyway.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am planning on never trying contacts. Ever. The idea of having a little piece of something floating around on my eye all day long just disturbs me.

But beside all three negative comments so far, good luck with those. :hilarious: 
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's trouble getting adjusted, but I think I can handle it. Once I get used to it, I will probally like it way better.

But I can understand people trying them and it not working out. It is a lot more trouble than just having glasses...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:37 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I originally wanted to try them cause I thought glasses made me look nerdy or whatever, (a typical reason for a young person) but when they didn't work out for me I finally decided, "What do I care what people think of me?" And I've thought that way about everything I do ever since around that time.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Yeah, I originally wanted to try them cause I thought glasses made me look nerdy or whatever,

Personally, I don't really even want to bother with trying to please or fit in with my peers, as most of them are stupid, snobby, or vying for attention. Those are the people you shouldn't associate with, if slight differences in your appearance, such as glasses, changes what they think about you.... because they are fake.

I do, however, understand why someone would want contacts, sometimes glasses can be trouble too, or you haven't needed any eyewear till later in life, or maybe you just think you'd look better without them. The only thing I don't understand is changing yourself just to make a bunch of jerks happy.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
I didn't do it for school. That would be a waste because I don't care what people think about me. I just got tired of wearing glasses after 8 years because they can get in the way of a few things I like to do a lot. (such as jumping on the trampoline. they keep slipping and it gets annoying fixing it all the time especially if you plan on being out there long periods of time)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#9  Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Like I said, I was young and such petty things worried me.

But since middle school I haven't given a damn about what anyone thinks and I am very proud of the person that I have become.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I am very proud of the person that I have become.

That's one of the best things I've heard in a long time.

Really, I was only making a point about something you said, I wasn't trying to pinpoint either of you on the subject, if that was your impression.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
I wear contacts.

The only thing that I dislike like about them is that they irritate my eyes if I wear them in the shower.

They are great for swimming or for on rainy days, as the water would stick to the glasses and obstuct my vision.

Dirty glasses quickly give me headaches and tired eyes.

:mrgreen:
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:06 am  Reply with quote + 
i also wear contacts, so that i can for instance put sunglasses over them, and for gigs where my glasses could be damaged, and seeing as my glasses cost me £295, (whatever that is in $) i'm not taking any chances. my glasses look good and all, but there are times when i just don't wanna have to look though them, full vision without looking though a silly little box i think is great.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
But since middle school I haven't given a damn about what anyone thinks and I am very proud of the person that I have become.

Heh, I think the same way about that kind of stuff. I don't care what people think of me.

I do understand why some people don't like wearing glasses, as they can be something of a hassle. But after wearing them for many years, it's just become part of my persona.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Yeah, I originally wanted to try them cause I thought glasses made me look nerdy or whatever, (a typical reason for a young person) but when they didn't work out for me I finally decided, "What do I care what people think of me?" And I've thought that way about everything I do ever since around that time.
I used to have that, "I dont care what others think attitude", but now I realize that what others think matters.

Others have control over you. You will not be able to bang many women if they think that you are disgusting or awkward. Also, you will not be able to make much money if employeers dislike you, which will make boning women even harder.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#15  Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:18 am  Reply with quote + 
To each their own. If living a lie makes your life easier go for it. I however am satisfied with my path in life. Thanks.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:24 am  Reply with quote + 
just to etch back on target, 90 days worth of contact lenses just arrived in the post for me ^_^

Will be helpful for driving lessons, i'v noticed that i have massive blind spots when driving in my glasses, as the bits that link the lenses to the ears (whatever there called) are the really tall kind, not a thing of metal that wouldn't have given me this problem
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
BOMBTARDED wrote:
I used to have that, "I dont care what others think attitude", but now I realize that what others think matters.

Others have control over you. You will not be able to bang many women if they think that you are disgusting or awkward. Also, you will not be able to make much money if employeers dislike you, which will make boning women even harder.

If you want to be pushed in your place by the man and only go out with sleazy women who want your body instead of your heart, then that's your own decision.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
BOMBTARDED wrote:

If you want to be pushed in your place by the man and only go out with sleazy women who want your body instead of your heart, then that's your own decision.

Almost everyone is interested in more than the hearts of others. Would you want to marry a woman who was paralyzed below the neck?

Almost everyone tries look their best, as perceived by others. Do shaving, getting a hair cut, wearing decent clothing, etc make one fake?

I am naturally arogant, rude, and obnoxious :mrgreen: , and I have learned to greatly tone that done, as it helps me to get what I want. Also, I hate shaving, but I shave anyway because it greatly improves my appearance.

Similarly, I think that I look better without glasses, so I do not wear them whenver I wish to impress anyone.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
BOMBTARDED wrote:
Almost everyone is interested in more than the hearts of others. Would you want to marry a woman who was paralyzed below the neck?

If I loved her, yes. Switch your positions in this case and you can determine if your girlfriend is just a lustful slut.

The rest of your second post makes sense, but your first post makes you sound like a horny teenager with no ambition, looking to make a quick buck. You've yet to completely change my mind.

Back to the topic at hand again.

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:19 am
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#20  Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:01 am  Reply with quote + 
BOMBTARDED wrote:

Almost everyone tries look their best, as perceived by others. Do shaving, getting a hair cut, wearing decent clothing, etc make one fake?

I am naturally arogant, rude, and obnoxious :mrgreen: , and I have learned to greatly tone that done, as it helps me to get what I want. Also, I hate shaving, but I shave anyway because it greatly improves my appearance.

Similarly, I think that I look better without glasses, so I do not wear them whenever I wish to impress anyone.

Ok! Now this is a much more solid post and you have redeemed yourself considerably.

Quote:
Do shaving, getting a hair cut, wearing decent clothing, etc make one fake?

No it doesn't, so long as it's something you wanted to do on your own and you're not just doing it to please others. My hair is really long and I like it that way. I wouldn't cut it because someone said they'd go out with me if I did. That's retarded. I'd much rather go out with someone who likes me for who I am already. Everyone has different tastes and if you ask me someone that is interested in your natural self will probably be a much better match for you, and your relationship will be that much more likely to last. Now if you do those things because thats the personal image you ACTUALLY WANT for yourself then I think that's totally cool.

Quote:
I am naturally arogant, rude, and obnoxious :mrgreen: , and I have learned to greatly tone that done, as it helps me to get what I want.

See now that actually makes sense. Especially so in the work world. There's a difference between your personality and your behavior. Personality is what makes you who you are where as behavior is something you need to control when the situation calls for it.

Quote:
Also, I hate shaving, but I shave anyway because it greatly improves my appearance.

Yeah shaving is a pain in the ass but again if you do it because you want to look better then thats fine, but if you only do it for the sake of someone else's opinion then thaaats nooo goood. As far as relationships go if someone is really your friend they won't care about stupid stuff like that.

*shrugs* That's pretty much my input....
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2104s
Index - Back to Top