[Replies: 5]  [Views: 2883]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:14 am  Reply with quote + 
*Originally written somewhere else, not that it matters*

Because somebody had to post this.

I saw it last night, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Sure, the plot is such a departure from what the Simpsons series is usually about, but I thought it was an enjoyable film, nonetheless.

It's just weird that after watching it for over fifteen years, seeing it on the big screen is just kinda weird. But it works.

The film uses a LOT of physical humor (getting stabbed in the eye, leg, getting ripped apart by dogs), mainly on Homer, but it still manages to be funny after so many times.

The plot is strange, seeing how it sounds like something out of an Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi flick, but it's entertaining, albeit unrealistic. I mean, if you watch the first few seasons of the show, and then jump into the movie, it has a VERY different feel to it than the show. REALLY different.

Homer seems like more of a dumbass than usual, and a lot of crap happens to Springfield because of it. Literally. It has some content that pushes what the show actually does (giving someone the finger, screaming "God----," just to name a few), but it still feels like the Simpsons universe. There's some drama here and there, mainly involving Homer's relationship to his wife Marge, and son, Bart, but for the most part, it's just good 'ole slapstick humor.

Didn't really mean to turn this into a review/rant, but as soon as it's available on DVD, I'll probably buy the Special, Special Edition because I'm a total nerd.

Still, it's a fun movie, and I'd recommend it to anyone, Simpsons fan or not.

... Would've liked to see more Fat Tony and Monty Burns, though.
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'd actullay like to see it, mainly because The Simpsons was a part of my childhood and nothing more. However, if I don't get to see it, I won't cry over it. I'd rather watch the new Die Hard movie or maybe even the TransFormers movie again then The Simpsons movie. Besides, I'm not really big on The Simpsons anymore. Two of my absolute favorite episodes were quite old (which would the episode where Homer builds a time machine out of a toaster and the pool episode, respectively) and I've heard that the Simpsons nowadays just isn't as funny as it used to be. I don't mean any offense when I say this, but I personally think that The Simpsons has gone on for far too long and needs to meet a proper and appropiate end very soon. Maybe the movie will do the trick, I dunno. But then again, that's only my opinion.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
I've heard that the Simpsons nowadays just isn't as funny as it used to be.

A few years back my brother, who was an avid Simpsons fan, said that Groening kind of dropped the ball with them, but Futurama had more opportunities. Then they cancelled Futurama.

I don't really think I'll end up seeing the Simpsons movie, unless somebody else at my house rents it when it comes to DVD. I never was much of a Simpsons fan, I use to watch it every now and then when my brother did but I never really got into it.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, a lot of people think that The Simpsons sucks now, but I still watch it regardless. Still find the antics of Homer very funny, albeit unrealistic. I think it's out of loyalty, or the fact that I rarely ever let things go. Which probably isn't good. 0_0

Actually, I just got back from seeing Transformers with my friends right now. Very cool movie, though I don't remember Jazz acting so... y'know, stereotypical and whatnot. :hilarious: 
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol yeah, the Transformers movie was awesome, I went to see it back in the beginning of July. although it had its ups and downs(including the one you just mentioned...)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Transformers was pretty good, I never watched the series though. Never got into the Simpsons, never watched Transformers.... don't start burning me on a stake yet, though, I did watch Beast Wars, which was a version of Transformers. Actually, on second thought, start up that fire now, because I don't remember much of it.

I guess we're going to go see The Simpsons Movie this week. I'll tell what I thought of it when I do, it's probably good like everyone says.

EDIT: Yeah, it was pretty good.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1395s
Index - Back to Top