Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
New TransFormers movie (a rant by SSJ)
[Replies: 1]  [Views: 1557]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
The following rant was completely copyed from another forum I go to. Not that that makes a bit of difference anyways, but whatever.

The following text is a rather large rant about the new TransFormers movie by yours trully, a fairly big movie nerd. If you don't like long rants, then you probably should click back or something now. There is also some use of vulger language (I've censored the mother of all curses, but there's still some other ones). You've been warned. Now, onto the rant...

I just went to see the new TransFormers movie a few hours again. And I must say I was amazed. Trully amazed. Blown away amazed.

First of all, I must say that ever since I was a child, I've been a fan of the original TransFormers. Not that Beast Wars or Amarda stuff. The original Generation 1 TransFormers. And when I first saw the theaterical trailer for it when I went to see TMNT (another good movie, BTW), I must admit I was very disapointed at first. I remember having thoughts like "What the hell is this crap on the screen? Is THAT supposed to a TransFormer? This is bullshnaps! They're from Mars?! What the f*** were they thinking?!" And I must also admit I was sceptical on the whole movie itself back when it when it was on the Internet and had some downloadable movie clips (the "I dunno, I'm not sure if it's gonna be even good." kind of thoughts were running through my head). Regradless, I, along with my brother, my cousin, and his girlfriend, preregistered tickets for the movie a few days ago and watched it mainly out of fandom and geekdom.

And I must say, I was quite surprised at how good it was.

In all honesty, this is definatly one of the best new movies I've seen in a very long time. Like, it wasn't just good as a sci-fi movie, it was pretty damn good for a TransFormers movie as well.

One of the things I thought would've made it sucked was how the humans were going to be main central characters in the movie. I thought at first "Oh, this movie's going to completely suck because there are main human characters. And they are going to completely powerless to the Decepticons just like in the cartoon." Boy, was I wrong. It actullay worked out really well. The human characters were actullay helpful and some of them were even pretty cool and badass in my honest opinion. I won't spoil anything for ya, so you'd just have to see it for yourself to see what I mean.

Another thing I was skeptical about at first was how the TransFormers were designed ("THAT'S Megatron?! That's f***ing ugly!" and "WTF is up with Optimus Prime's paintjob?!"), but that also turned out pretty well. At least they were still (for the most part) in character or at least totally exceptibal (didn't partically liked how Jazz or Ironhide behaved, but it still worked pretty well). At first, I didn't like how they made up new Decepticons just for the movie, but some of them were actullay quite badass and cool. I was also pretty PO'd when I found out that the original Megatron voice auditioned for Megatron's voice in the movie, and didn't get the role ("He's THE freaking Megatron voice! No one else is! Bullshnaps!"), but it was still a pretty good voice and suited Megatron so I'll forgive this and carry on with the rant.

I also simiply must give the guys who made this movie a "thumbs up" for the use of fan service in the movie (I heard a couple of inside jokes that used the phrase "more then meets the eye" and if your a TransFormer fan you'd recongize the phrase right away as as the TransFormers slogan, the TransFormers subtitle). Although it still had decent regular inside jokes, it still wasn't as funny to me as the inside jokes. It was also pleasent to have a nice smack of nostalgia hit me and take me back to memory lane after the movie.)

Overall, the movie itself is well made and I trully think it deserves to be a smash hit. It was really damn good and I trully enjoyed it. As soon as I see it aviable in stores, I'll do everything in my power to buy it. It was THAT good. Like I said, it was one of the best new movies I've seen in a long time and it deserves reconginition. The only problem you may have with the movie is that it's three hours long, but it didn't even feel that long to me and was still a specituler film. I highly recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, not just TransFormers fans of any breed, long time or recent.

Rant over...

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah the movie was totally amazing. I'm not gonna make my own rant cause it would practically be a repetition of yours since for the most part I agree with everything you said.

Fantastic movie guys! For Transformers fans and non-fans alike.
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1665s
Index - Back to Top