Bomberman Live on XBOX 360 Live Arcade
[Replies: 56]  [Views: 20401]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games

dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#21  Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've been trying to get a 360 mainly for this game, but the 360 is still to expensive for me. If I ever do get one I'll play bomberman with everyone who wants to.
View user profile Send Private Message
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#22  Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, unfortunately most of its popularity has died down a bit. I haven't been able to play online in almost two months, and when I FINALLY had the chance yesterday, it took me almost twenty minutes to find ONE game to join in. :cry: 

I don't know if it was just a bad time of the day, or what, but it's certainly nowhere near as populated as it used to be. But I guess that just comes with age. *sighs*
Bomberdude

Post#23  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
There's still a decent amount of people who still play it though.

It's funny when you destroy people and then they want to complain about powerups.

There are people on there who think it takes skill to use detonator or dangerous bomb. :irritate: 
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
It takes skill to hold a controller too.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#25  Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Dangerous Bomb I think, is just too cheap at times. I mean, I like it and all, but when you can get full-fire combined with that thing, it's just a matter of being fortunate enough to be away from it, or having enough speed power-ups to get your ass away from there fast enough before it explodes.

I wouldn't say it takes skill to use the Detonator, but... you definitely have to know when to use it. xD
Bomberman

Post#26  Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, if you blow it when you happen to be right next to it, your chances of survival are low.

I feel sorry for people who can't figure that out. :sad: 
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#27  Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
So what are yalls gamertags?

I've already said mine is gh0stly pirate

You will currently see me usually in Bomber Run games (I usually create my own as well).
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#28  Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mine is FireFox516. Since I moved out to my apartment, though, I haven't really had the chance to play online - well, anything, really - as of late... -_- And I left my mic at home. xD

Bomberbie

Post#29  Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
BomberTim 361 is my gamer tag, i will wait for this week to play, except tuesday through saturday.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#30  Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:50 am  Reply with quote + 

So Bomberman Live now has an offical tournament with prizes. They also have a sweepstakes going on at the same time. Starts Jan 6th.

Information Here

I personally think the "tournament" is weak. It will come down to who plays the most. They should've had proper brackets. Not to mention it seems they're just trying to get people to download Bomb Pack #3

Last edited by Ven on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:34 am
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#31  Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
We will see how many people actually do it. I may enter for my friend if he has the game by then...
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#32  Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'll copy and paste from what I posted on the Hudson forum.

LoL so my assumptions from last week are true all from playing it already in a few hours. I signed on about 2-3 hours after the tournament started and already went to 3rd place before I got tired. This tournament will prove who can play the most, not who has the most skill.

Secondly, this new Friendly Fire mode has its exploits (as I knew it would only from watching it on video before I downloaded the pack). First off here's a tip if you don't want someone to get a frag off when you know you're trapped, lay a bomb in the spot that you're standing. The game will count it as your own bomb killing you and you're safe. You don't even have to be trapped. Just to play it safe, always make sure you have at least 1 bomb left over for when you come to a spot (or hiding place) and lay it down when you come to a stop. You never know when some random Power Bomb will come out of nowhere so you pretty much have an insurance policy that someone's not gonna get a frag on you.

Exploit #2: Don't die in-between blocks. If you do, your opponent can pretty much get 5+ frags off you. When they die in-between said blocks, quickly run over and lay 3 bombs in their spot. The timing of the flashing (invincibility) when they spawn will wear off just before the bombs go off. Rinse and repeat. If you're the victim, constantly hold the direction away from your opponent, you will continue to inch forward with each respawn until you come to an intersection where you can go up or down to escape. Like I said earlier, by this point your opponent has already racked up a good amount of frags on you.

Number 1 guy on the leaderboard currently (Ardonite) will like to get to use tactic #2 on you so watch yourself (got me in it in 3 matches to even out the score 4-4). After many draws (game was set to 9 wins) he then decided to quite saying "This is a waste of time". I guess he didn't want 2nd place catching up to him and I was holding him back. :shifty: 

Exploit #3: Don't want a certain player to win so they won't win overall? Easy, run to the other opponent and let his bomb kill you to even out the score to make it a tie game (do this when there's a few seconds left in the match).

Example: Game is set to 5 wins. Player 1: 4 wins P2: 3 wins P3: 3 wins
In the game P1 has 4 frags, P2 has 2 P3 has 1 (because let's be honest, in this mode, it's usually a low scoring game if people are smart). There's 15 seconds left. In an attempt to prolong the game (and give themselves another chance to win) P3 runs over and stands right next to P2's bomb on purpose so P2 gets a frag. Rinse and repeat until the score is evened out and make it a Tie Game.

Exploit #4: Not really an "exploit" but blatantly obvious. Cheat. Make a pact with someone else to trade off kills so you can move up quickly.

With all this in mind, don't forget to have fun while playing. :wink: 
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#33  Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's hard to believe there's already another add-on for this game... I still haven't had the chance to try out the last one!! ^_^;; Not that I've had the chance to play it the last few months...
Bomberdude

Post#34  Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
A new proper bracket tournament is being hosted by GameSpot. Also ran in regular battle mode. Hudson should've done a tournament like this in the 1st place.

Information here
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#35  Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'd probably register for that, but... I have class until 5 that day. :oops: 
Bomberdude

Post#36  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
It's hard to believe there's already another add-on for this game... I still haven't had the chance to try out the last one!! ^_^;; Not that I've had the chance to play it the last few months...

I think there's like, 3 add-ons for the game, including new outfits and modes. :'D
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#37  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Omata wrote:
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:

I think there's like, 3 add-ons for the game, including new outfits and modes. :'D

Sounds good. Any information about the new modes?
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#38  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
You can read all the information on the game here.

The only thing worthwile playing is Normal, Zombie, and Bomber Run (the best).
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#39  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
I love Bomber Run... but I suck at it. :hilarious: 

Still, when I get the chance to play online, I usually just try to find a Standard 4 vs. game. I really don't like having 8 players on screen at once... unless it's with a group of friends, of course.
Bomberdude

Post#40  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, I'm in the finals of that GameSpot Bomberman Live tournament. :P

The finals are tomorrow at 4PM PST (7PM EST) and will be shown on the GameSpot Tournament TV. Go to the link below to watch it.

http://www.gamespot.com/tournaments/bml-jan08/tv.php
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2514s
Index - Back to Top